Singapore Expats Forum

EP Approval rate & Appeal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kuyaz

EP Approval rate & Appeal

Postby kuyaz » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:45 am

Hi,

I am gathering statistic here =)

What is the chance that your EP will be approved?

What is the chance that your appeal after rejection will be approved? and how long it takes to get the answer?

Thanks

kuyaz

Postby kuyaz » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:46 am

starting with me 1st

1. 10 %
2. 70%, 2 weeks?

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 2:24 pm

I actually give you about a -10% chance if your post is any indication.

Nobody knows the criteria weightings that ICA places on your different variables on your PR application history. There for anybody can say anything they want because nobody has a clue.

An appeal is hear by the same Immigration Officer. Therefor your chances of an appeal of slim at best. So the best thing is to wait a year or two and then reapply with a fresh application. (Been there, done that).

Hopefully, you are not a statistician. :roll:

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blue_thunder » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 2:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I actually give you about a -10% chance if your post is any indication.

Nobody knows the criteria weightings that ICA places on your different variables on your PR application history. There for anybody can say anything they want because nobody has a clue.

An appeal is hear by the same Immigration Officer. Therefor your chances of an appeal of slim at best. So the best thing is to wait a year or two and then reapply with a fresh application. (Been there, done that).

U meant EP or PR ? :D

Cheers ~
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 2:51 pm

kuyaz wrote:starting with me 1st
1. 10 %
2. 70%, 2 weeks?

So you applied 10 times, with 9 rejected on the first try, and 7 approved later on? :shock:

Or maybe you're just pulling figures out of your butt? :roll:
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 3:51 pm

blue_thunder wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I actually give you about a -10% chance if your post is any indication.

U meant EP or PR ? :D

Cheers ~

:oops: PR. Power has been off in the office all morning until around 1:30 this afternoon. Kinda backlogged and speed reading. Blew it that time! :wink:

Strong Eagle

Re: EP Approval rate & Appeal

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 5:04 pm

kuyaz wrote:Hi,

What is the chance that your appeal after rejection will be approved? and how long it takes to get the answer?

Thanks

There are two components for EP approval. First, the employee must meet certain qualifications. If the employee meets P! qualifications then I'd say this is about a 100 percent approval rating.

Next, the company must be able to justify the hire instead of a local. Again, a P1 size salary just about guarantees approval.

As you move to P2 and Q1, then I think the job qualifications and ability to hire locally are more carefully checked. I don't know the percentage. If a company has a good track record and is ethical, I suspect that they get the vast majority approved. If a company is trying to pull in a ringer that will work for less money than a local, approval percentage might be low.

I can tell you that I have applied for many P1 EP's and not a single one was rejected.

uc
Regular
Regular

Re: EP Approval rate & Appeal

Postby uc » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 1:12 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
kuyaz wrote:Hi,

Thanks

There are two components for EP approval. First, the employee must meet certain qualifications. If the employee meets P! qualifications then I'd say this is about a 100 percent approval rating.

Next, the company must be able to justify the hire instead of a local. Again, a P1 size salary just about guarantees approval.

As you move to P2 and Q1, then I think the job qualifications and ability to hire locally are more carefully checked. I don't know the percentage. If a company has a good track record and is ethical, I suspect that they get the vast majority approved. If a company is trying to pull in a ringer that will work for less money than a local, approval percentage might be low.

I can tell you that I have applied for many P1 EP's and not a single one was rejected.

What's the approval rate now for spouse sponsorship(PR).And what does ICA check before granting.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 1:45 pm

Unfortunately we are not privy to those stats. However, see the other thread currently running as well. Most are getting letters to reapply in either 6 months or 2 years. A lot of these are EP holders. But even spousal based applications are being looked at depending on the length of the marriage and the earning offspring potential of the applicants. After the past 5 years or so of abuses of PR by huges numbers of foreigners, the government has wised up and is now making it harder to obtain in order to weed out those who would just use it as a free visa or bolt hole while they traipse of to Aus, US, UK or Canada to also obtain visa there as well.

uc
Regular
Regular

Postby uc » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 1:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Unfortunately we are not privy to those stats. However, see the other thread currently running as well. Most are getting letters to reapply in either 6 months or 2 years. A lot of these are EP holders. But even spousal based applications are being looked at depending on the length of the marriage and the earning offspring potential of the applicants. After the past 5 years or so of abuses of PR by huges numbers of foreigners, the government has wised up and is now making it harder to obtain in order to weed out those who would just use it as a free visa or bolt hole while they traipse of to Aus, US, UK or Canada to also obtain visa there as well.

Thanks

royal_rohan

EP rejected

Postby royal_rohan » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 9:49 pm

today my EP got rejected as my UK visa was refused 5 yrs back due to false documentation, i will appeal now but dont knw how many chances r there of success, any comment?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: EP rejected

Postby JR8 » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 9:55 pm

royal_rohan wrote:today my EP got rejected as my UK visa was refused 5 yrs back due to false documentation, i will appeal now but dont knw how many chances r there of success, any comment?

False documentation.... wow, that's classy.

I'd rate your chances with Singapore as nil.

Perhaps try moving somewhere where cheating and fraudulence is more acceptable?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:42 pm

Indonesia or Nigeria or the Ivory Coast might be suitable......

royal_rohan

Postby royal_rohan » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:53 pm

but that was not done by me, my consultant did that on my behalf without my knowledge, i told the truth to UK embassy but still got rejected. Now thats also reflecting in my singapore case and i have to appeal for my EP

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 1:09 am

royal_rohan wrote:but that was not done by me, my consultant did that on my behalf without my knowledge, i told the truth to UK embassy but still got rejected. Now thats also reflecting in my singapore case and i have to appeal for my EP

The trouble for you rr, is that you are responsible for the contents of visa applications, whether an agent is used or not. You will recall the section at the end of application forms that you have to sign that usually begins something like 'I hereby certify that all the facts stated herein are true and accurate...'.

In my experience the UK authorities are buffoons immigrations-wise (recall the Brazilian illegal who ended up security-cleared and working as a cleaner in the chamber of the House of Commons after having 'fled Heathrow airport' on arrival, or the solicitor-general's similar Polynesian illegal cleaner). If even the UK authorities have found you out, lord help you anywhere that's rigorous like Singapore.