Singapore Expats

Bunker Fuel Oil

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
chixchix
Editor
Editor

Bunker Fuel Oil

Post by chixchix » Mon, 15 Jun 2009 8:29 am

Hii all, anyone has any idea where we can dispose off ,bottles of bunker fuel oil that is brought back from the ships ?

I have a friend who is in bunkering line, and he brings home all the smelly bunker fuel oil and he keeps it in his storeroom. Anyone has got any idea where to dispose them off ?

Thanks in advance!
Always have a smile on that face!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Jun 2009 9:41 am

Tell him not to bring it home. Or take it to a auto garage and ask them to dispose of it. They usually sell used motor oil back to special refineries who reprocess the oil and then sell it as low grade motor oil. Worth a thought anyway.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:52 am

He was mentioning to me that One of the main shipping companies, Viswalab,do expose off the buker fuel samples for you and there is another place ,where you get 50 cents for selling off per bottle of ship oil.

Oh yeah SMS, i need to ask you something since you are quite expert in the marine oil field. My hubby is also running a bunker surveying firm and we do get job proposals to do bunkering in Europe and Dubai but we dont know anyone there.In a way, this hampers our expansion purpose. Do you have any idea where I can place ads to get in trustworthy and responsible people to carry out our bunkering jobs in Europe and Dubai ?

Your advice is much appreciated. :)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:34 pm

This would be a good place to start....

http://www.expatnetwork.com/

I've met the owners of this site a number of years ago when they came over for an international HHH in Malaysia and came through Singapore just to pay me a visit! (I used to advertise my Expat positions in there Nexus magazine).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:51 pm

Hi SMS.. thanks

denieleve

Post by denieleve » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 6:12 pm

hihi

my husaband was desperately looking for job.
any chance to join the bunker surveyor job??
he had not much qualifications, what are the standard to join?

thanks for help!!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 8:22 pm

chixchix on the Dubai forum you are allowed to post one advertisement in the business section to make business contacts or read through the rules you maybe allowed to network contacts.

http://www.dubaiforums.com/
Last edited by ksl on Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

denieleve

Post by denieleve » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 3:21 pm

u mean job available in dubai??

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 7:36 pm

Maybe I had a slow day, so apologies .. and loads of it and the subject matter started off with a bottle of bunker oil .. ah well ...

For the serious subject matter - as I was talking to a friend of mine, who is a ship manager, he says there are enough jobs for as of now, for bunker Surveyors, in Singapore and Middle East ..And he did confirm that they are not much keen on qualification, but need the basics to meet govt requirement for work pass / EP.

If the candidate is in Singapore, a browse through to Ship Chandlers and bunker providers

That's the positive news .. ..

Cheers
Last edited by ecureilx on Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 9:55 pm

ecureilx wrote:
denieleve wrote:u mean job available in dubai??
I was gonna say Anchorage . but hey .. who knows ??
You all need to cut this lady some slack.

Trying to make a difference. Trying to support a husband with apparently a limited skill set to find a job.

Be snide. Laugh. I see a genuine and sincere person struggling and trying to solve a serious issue in her/their life. And your help is? Zero? Your contribution is? Zero?

C'mon guys... want to be an arse? Drop over to the angry board.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:54 pm

chixchix wrote:He was mentioning to me that One of the main shipping companies, Viswalab,do expose off the buker fuel samples for you and there is another place ,where you get 50 cents for selling off per bottle of ship oil.

Oh yeah SMS, i need to ask you something since you are quite expert in the marine oil field. My hubby is also running a bunker surveying firm and we do get job proposals to do bunkering in Europe and Dubai but we dont know anyone there.In a way, this hampers our expansion purpose. Do you have any idea where I can place ads to get in trustworthy and responsible people to carry out our bunkering jobs in Europe and Dubai ?

Also you may like to sort through this lot for contacts http://www.tradeford.com/buyers/recycle-base-oil

Job vacancies http://www.jobcqr.com/bunker-quantity-s ... c-pte-ltd/
Last edited by ksl on Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ev-disinfection
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ev-disinfection » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:56 pm

chixchix wrote:He was mentioning to me that One of the main shipping companies, Viswalab,do expose off the buker fuel samples for you and there is another place ,where you get 50 cents for selling off per bottle of ship oil.

Hi Chix,
Contact http://www.internationalbunkering.com, these guys are international, they can provide bunker fuel to vessels in almost all major ports.... they have a big office in Dubai, I am sure they they would need bunker surveyors in most ports. I have a local SG friend working for them in Dubai at the moment. let me know if you need his contact.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:24 am

You guys really need to learn to look at the post timestamps. ChixChix's posts were from 2009. It's denieleve who's asking about Singapore jobs.

ev-disinfection
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ev-disinfection » Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:38 am

denieleve wrote:hihi

my husaband was desperately looking for job.
any chance to join the bunker surveyor job??
he had not much qualifications, what are the standard to join?

thanks for help!!
Hi Denieleve,
Care to share what sort of jobs your hubby is looking for?
Is he a local?
What was he doing previously?
Maybe we all can help you out.

fatmouse76
Regular
Regular

Post by fatmouse76 » Sat, 16 Apr 2011 4:12 pm

Hii my friend is having a bunker surveying company in Singapore and other Asian ports. But he is Bunker Surveying to other companies and to outsource his suveyors. Do PM me if anyone is interested.