Best condo for single $8000-$10000

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
becoo

Best condo for single $8000-$10000

Post by becoo » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 8:20 pm

Hello all,

I am soon moving to Spore and try to web search some apartment options. My relocation agency will help me but I would like to come up with the short list as there are sooo many options. Please kindly refer to below points and see if any of you can give me some idea.

1. Budget: $8000-10000 (could be slightly higher as needed)
2. Bed room: 2-3 (I am single and not interested in hiring full time maid. May look for part timer)
3. Office is located in Orchard load and I prefer not far away location (one of 9,10,11 districts)
4. Car: Not sure yet if the company will give me the car or not
5. Kitchen: I realized that lots of kitchen in Spore condo is somehow closed. I DO care about kitchen with the mordern equipment, island and open.

Singapore Property Search

OogieBoogie
Regular
Regular

Post by OogieBoogie » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:25 pm

dude
for this price you can get a penthouse duplex of like 2600sqrf in my brand new condo... and still have 2 k to spare... This is a very big budget for 2 or 3 bedroom condo. Beware when you give that number, they might top up the price thinking you have too much money in your pocket.

Check on the condo listing here, you'll see what kind of price you can get for wat you want.

jolonicc

Post by jolonicc » Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:18 pm

We just got a 2.5 bedroom with a storage room in Novena for 3k...Save your cash and pocket it.

nana77

Post by nana77 » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 3:26 pm

you shouldn't be paying anything more than $8k a month

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 5:20 pm

Two come to mind for that budget

Try the LOFT nice development (generally for professional couples) walking distance to tangling mall orchard etc. but kitchen closed, about 1800sq ft

or

THREE THREE ROBIN (daft name) open plan kitchen, nice development (generally for professional couples) but not really walkable from orchard Rd or to any shops etc. about 1300 sq ft

There are photos in this expat site for both properties both are high quality tasteful developments, ie no Pastel colours, Roman columns or gold fixtures and as a single you will pleased to learn they don't have huge multicolured children play area etc.

The Grange residence is another one with lovely kitchens, prep island and Gagenau equipment, nice layout but the smallest unit is bit over your budget.

patsy_sg
Regular
Regular

Post by patsy_sg » Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:43 am

i've tried to get info from the property site of the forum but no one calls back!

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:31 pm

patsy_sg wrote:i've tried to get info from the property site of the forum but no one calls back!
Don't worry you are not the first to discover this, its the Singapore way of doing business.

patsy_sg
Regular
Regular

Post by patsy_sg » Fri, 14 Aug 2009 1:25 pm

the customer is always wrong, you mean?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 1:02 am

patsy_sg wrote:the customer is always wrong, you mean?
Actually I was talking to a friend of mine, who is an agent, he said a lot depends on the tenant, if they want it furnished or not, becuase agents will just go our and arrange rented everything, which must be paid each month, they also make money, because of the services they are providing. It is not very high for orchard rd area, if you are wanting the apartment to your requirements, but a two or 3 bedroom, you have no chance. I was a little :o Empty yes you have plenty of money, but in that rental bracket tenants want everything, so the price can easy escalate