Singapore Expats

John Howard

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
DrEvil

John Howard

Post by DrEvil » Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:56 pm

what a shocking result given that the media expected a close call

Got to hand it to the guy, he's the ultimate political survivor.....any aussies here with any thoughts on the election result ??

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:55 pm

ljlkjlk.
Last edited by Splatted on Sat, 15 Apr 2006 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pinky
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinky » Wed, 20 Oct 2004 4:38 am

Jonno is more experienced than Latham, but what pi**es me off is the heavy reliance on America.

I understand the need for close ties and all, but it seems that our little boy Howard 'parrots' what the American govt says. Like it or not, Australasia is a hell of a lot closer (in terms of geographical location) to South-East/East Asia and hence can't afford to piss the other contries in the region off. You can have close ties with America without having to kiss up to their govt at every given opportunity.

I'm not against Americans per se and I really pity those who don't see eye-to-eye with Bush Jr, as they have to put up with all the anti-American bashing.

Use your own brains Howard and think for yourself, like what a true-blue Aussie would do!

Anyway, to change the topic a little, anyone ever notice how Kevin Rudd kind of resembles Jeffrey Archer?? :)

Return to “General Discussions”