Singapore Expats Forum

Education Business

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Eduentrpreneur

Education Business

Postby Eduentrpreneur » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:19 am

Hello Everybody,

I have recently registered a company with an intention to start some diploma/degree programs. I have following queries, could anyone pls help me to clarify:

My company has been registered with ACRA as sole properietorship. I
have set up this company with an intention to offer some Degree/ Diploma
programs to local as well as overseas markets .BUT these programs would be correspondance courses (Distance Learning courses) wherein only the online stuff would be taught and the reading material would be sent to the students and again they would have to appear for online exams with NO PHYSICAL CLASSES being conducted in Singapore.

My questions:

1) I the above mentioned scenario, do I have to register my company with MOE?
2) Do I have to register the individual courses with MOE?
3) As a private company can I offer Degree/Diploma correspondance course without being registered with MOE?
4) If at a later stage I decide to represent foreign institutes to offer
degree programs, do I have to register my company with MOE and also the foreign courses or only registering the individual courses is OK?
5) Can I use other school/institute premises to hold my eduacation programs instead of renting/buying my own place to apply for a license (there are many institutes which only offer day classes whereas the premises are vacant in the evenings, could I make use of them with their permission and register the same premise with MOE?

I had written to MOE but the reply didn't give me any clarity. Pls oblige with details.

Thanks!

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 3:35 pm

I have absolutely no clue, but I can tell you that asking a forum of random people is not the right way to find the answer to this question. Contact MOE again.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Eduentrpreneur

Edu Business

Postby Eduentrpreneur » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 4:24 pm

Thanks! while I am chking with relevant authorities, wanted to chk with the forum if somebody from same industry could help

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Edu Business

Postby ksl » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 2:10 am

Eduentrpreneur wrote:Thanks! while I am chking with relevant authorities, wanted to chk with the forum if somebody from same industry could help
Basically what you are offering is classified has an agent, yes authorisation is required because all institutions are monitored for acceptance in Singapore.