Singapore Expats

Please tell me if I am wrong

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
vincher82

Please tell me if I am wrong

Post by vincher82 » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 4:16 pm

Hi all, I have a boy friend for 2 years plus and I am so freaking unhappy with him.

He always say I can never find anyone better than him if I leave him. He told me that he is the best....

Let me tell you how he treated me:

He doesn't allow me to go out, even going out with my girl friends for dinner or drinks also cannot, so don't talk about club and KTV.

I am that type of person that I love dancing and singing and movies!!
I use to watch lots of movies last time before I was with him.
But after when I was with him, I seldom watch movies... I would say maybe 2-3 times a year only. Boring? Tell me about that.
Because he doesn't watch horror movies, comedy,adventurous movies, love movies and not all action movies.
He ony watch some marvel movies and super duper good action movies only. So as you know, how many times a SUPER DUPER good movie come out?

I love to sing(KTV) and he doesn't, I love to dance and he doesn't.
So he doesn't allow me to go to this kinda places. So I often work work work and head home and what do I for my off days?
I clean up the whole house (vacuum and mop), I iron all his shirts and pants. I washed all the laundry in cluding his brother's and I hanged and fold the clothings.
(FYI, no one do it when I don't do and he will scold me when I don't do the housse chores)

I love seafood like Prawns, Squid..... And he doesn't eat seafood at all. So having meals with him, I can never order seafood.
He also do not eat any food with bones.... fish with bones? Chicken wings? Seafood? Brocolli and other's vegetables? ITS A NO NO TO HIM. So I can't eat as well..

My life? work and home. He is always very busy at work and kinda work 24/7. He doesn't have time for me at all and thus I always stay at home and watch TV myself..

Sometimes he told me he need to go down to sites and left home at night time 10 plus and came back in the middle of the night.
I tried calling him at 11plus but he took a very long time to pick up and after which tell me he is not convenient to talk and wants me to hang up.

When I got bullied by my colleague and my colleague lay her fingers on me, I was so angry and I went back to complain to my boy friend, I just need a shoulder to lean on, he's my boy friend isn't it?
But guess what, he say he stays nutrel and he doesn't give a shit to what happened to me.

Other than sending me to work and fetching me from work. Nothing else.... I told him about his attitude but he say there is no issue and insist he is right and that he is the best boy friend.

I am really FREAKING SICK AND TIRED OG THIS KINDA LIFESTYLE!!!!!

So tell me people, is he really that fantastic??? Tell me whether am I thinking too much or that he is really not that good aferall.
Thank God I am born a woman....
If not I would have nothing to play when I am a kid....

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 4:26 pm

Is this some kind of wind-up? There's a simple answer to your problem. :???: :roll:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 4:48 pm

I'd say it's time for you to ditch the p*ssy-whipped mommy's boy and find yourself a real man. If it is you in the photo, it shouldn't be any problem at all I'd say. The wimp isn't worth losing any sleep over.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vincher82

Sigh....

Post by vincher82 » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 5:17 pm

Ya that's me in the pic....

He also don't like me to put on night cream/moisturizer and make-up...

He said : this is an OBSESSION!!!! Do u know this an OBESSION!! U spent 10 mins a day and if you times that minutes for a year, how many minutes have you wasted?

He also don't really allow me to sleep for long...
He say its a waste of time to sleep.

I ever cried so badly because I feel so stressed up...tired.... not enough sleep... because he do not allow me to sleep for 8 hours.

I am actually deciding to move back home... Because at 1st I thought I am just thinking too much because he always tries to persuade me that I am the root of the problem and that there is no issue at all. So I delayed and stay with him.
But think again, I can regain my freedom.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 5:40 pm

Your boy-friend is obviously a control-freak and somebody you can well do without in your life. I wasn't sure about your initial post as a glance elsewhere on this boards seems to suggest you are quite socially active (note the words suggest and glance).

Rafale

Post by Rafale » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 5:44 pm

I am surprised you managed to last 2 years with your bf. Sounds like a control freak and super MCP to me.

vincher82

Post by vincher82 » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 5:58 pm

yes he is a control freak, sometimes when we go out for dinner, I want to wear heels, but he do not allow. only can wear slippers or flats.

I'm really very very very bored with him and sick / tired of these kind of boring life with him.

I feel that I have NO LIFE at all.. YES, I am a very sociable person as in, friendly, bubbly etc... But with him.. I just can't.... Because he is very bitter... deep down he is often bitter and thus it affects me too.

I really wanna break free... but I still have so many stuffs at his place...

Wish me good luck as I am going to collect all later.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 6:14 pm

good luck!

vincher82

Post by vincher82 » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks for concern though... I really need that as it is also tough for me to do so. I need to be firm.

:?

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Well

Post by Allibert » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 8:29 pm

If this is all true, then good luck. The sooner you dump the creep the better. And make it a clean break

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 11:07 pm

Something doesn't add up here :-k

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 11:22 pm

QRM wrote:Something doesn't add up here :-k
That's why i just said good luck :lol:
Could be tranni with a statement like that! God bless it!

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Sun, 07 Jun 2009 12:12 am

lol toughen up! why do you need his permission to go out with your friends? Hes only your bf...your friends have been there far longer i suppose.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Sun, 07 Jun 2009 12:14 am

First there's a post about joining belly dancing etc, then a post about no money no honey, followed by a real tear jerker life story thats is laid on a little bit too thick, with the cherry question what should I do? and then chuck in a cute photo avatar?

Hoping for some "white" knight in his shiny BMW to come to the rescue?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 07 Jun 2009 12:46 am

QRM wrote:First there's a post about joining belly dancing etc, then a post about no money no honey, followed by a real tear jerker life story thats is laid on a little bit too thick, with the cherry question what should I do? and then chuck in a cute photo avatar?

Hoping for some "white" knight in his shiny BMW to come to the rescue?
Now you have convinced me, it's a two in the same body dilemma, I know I have experience of this kind of mentality :P Although it was over 35 years ago! :lol:

There are really many still here, one day i was surrounded by 5 on the bus, with one sat next to me, it was really entertaining and to be honest I was feeling the nostalgia, Bugis was world famous for entertainment from the 5o's until the 80's....so it wouldn't surprise me at all, because the complaint appears to come over from a one caught in between!