Singapore Expats

Please tell me if I am wrong

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Sun, 07 Jun 2009 1:48 am

im so bored i need these kind problems... .arrghh

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Sun, 07 Jun 2009 11:30 am

ksl wrote:
QRM wrote:First there's a post about joining belly dancing etc, then a post about no money no honey, followed by a real tear jerker life story thats is laid on a little bit too thick, with the cherry question what should I do? and then chuck in a cute photo avatar?

Hoping for some "white" knight in his shiny BMW to come to the rescue?
Now you have convinced me, it's a two in the same body dilemma, I know I have experience of this kind of mentality :P Although it was over 35 years ago! :lol:

There are really many still here, one day i was surrounded by 5 on the bus, with one sat next to me, it was really entertaining and to be honest I was feeling the nostalgia, Bugis was world famous for entertainment from the 5o's until the 80's....so it wouldn't surprise me at all, because the complaint appears to come over from a one caught in between!

Convinced you ? I think you've convinced yourself LOL , The ladyboy bugis st. relapse is getting the better of you.

You might be able to work the nostalgia out of your system with a walk down the streets in high heels and fishnets, or do you get arrested for that around here?

I think something is fishy, but manginas is pushing the boat out a bit.. If she said "lucky I was born a boy", then you might be on to something. But there again you are the forum expert on the subject, well at least one who admits to alot of field testing, so maybe ?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:34 pm

QRM wrote:
ksl wrote:
QRM wrote:First there's a post about joining belly dancing etc, then a post about no money no honey, followed by a real tear jerker life story thats is laid on a little bit too thick, with the cherry question what should I do? and then chuck in a cute photo avatar?

Now you have convinced me, it's a two in the same body dilemma, I know I have experience of this kind of mentality :P Although it was over 35 years ago! :lol:

There are really many still here, one day i was surrounded by 5 on the bus, with one sat next to me, it was really entertaining and to be honest I was feeling the nostalgia, Bugis was world famous for entertainment from the 5o's until the 80's....so it wouldn't surprise me at all, because the complaint appears to come over from a one caught in between!

Convinced you ? I think you've convinced yourself LOL , The ladyboy bugis st. relapse is getting the better of you.

You might be able to work the nostalgia out of your system with a walk down the streets in high heels and fishnets, or do you get arrested for that around here?

I think something is fishy, but manginas is pushing the boat out a bit.. If she said "lucky I was born a boy", then you might be on to something. But there again you are the forum expert on the subject, well at least one who admits to alot of field testing, so maybe ?
Ha ha! field testing, I was 21 years old and half cut, almost onto a knee trembler down the alley until i got a handful of nuts! :oops: My first night in town, after that, little experience I soon sobered up.

I must admit to the nostalgia, Singapore is really not the same anymore, and even the tourist board tried to get Bugis up and running again like it was, but the project failed.

There are some films made from those days some of them are forbid in Singapore though

http://www.asianfilms.org/country2.php? ... &view=full

It really wasn't so much the gay element and the transvestites, but when squaddies have been away for a long time at war or or at sea, then whole hell breaks loose, with people just not caring about anything but having a good time, guitars strumming and squaddie songs and the occasional strip tease on the tables, and dancing in the street was all good old entertainment for everyone, with no entre fees. It was kind of a low life area, with everyone just happy to be alive, as if it was the end of a war....banter was on the menu every night, not at all like this forum :oops: although face to face communication is easier to understand. :wink:

Sadly I do see the difference that we are all from different walks of life, and i appreciate that difference in a fun loving way, because we cannot all be born with a silver spoon in our mouths, or even have the same kind of education, the forum is such a small place of interaction, that we must learn to tolerate these differences.

I mean wouldn't it really be great, to have a night out, in the old Bugis and everyone dressed for the occasion, although i will not play the part of the transvestite, i may put my uniform on :wink: :P Crikey that's not a bad idea, where's the events organiser, there are enough Aussies and Yanks here, don't know about Kiwi's...but wouldn't it be fun :lol: :cool:

QRM your turn up the back alley! Maybe SE can be project manager and SMS a pimp, now his uniform will fit :lol: You know a little project like setting up Bugis once a year could be a big hit for years to come.

All it takes is a bit of creative planning and coordination with the tourist board, to make it a big fancy dress party once a year! okay okay no Singapore sleeze bags taking 100$ entre fees, it's got to be free, to be realistic and the toilets have got to be unisex that's where all the chat action is happening....in my day there was one called queenie an ex RAF officer...

For anyone interested in theatre this would be a class act to take around the world! Check this song out, it doesn't actually tell you it came out of Bugis st, however you only have to look at the group to see that it did and there's probably a lot more songs out there from that era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boogie_Nights_(song)

I was wondering if the thread was going off track, but i'm still scratching my head about this one :)
Last edited by ksl on Mon, 08 Jun 2009 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincher82

Oh Please!!

Post by vincher82 » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 1:13 pm

I would have dump him long time ago and sleep with someone else if I am really waiting for the white" knight in his shiny BMW for the rescue.

I have been keeping all this problems to myself for years and I really don't know who I can talk to and thus I chose to write on the forum.

U should know how tough/upset it felts if you don't really have much friends and u don't know what to do when u r upset.

Please don't judge me like that, FOR YOUR INFO, I am not a freaking bitch hoping to get to know some guys or what so ever, belly dancing?

Since I am so unhappy and intended to leave him, so I should get my freedom back and do whatever I want. What's wrong with that?

No money no honey? This is Singapore, alot of people is very realistic and materialistic. I've seen so much, if you are still not in a working society, then you probably don't understand.

Love + Some money/stable job = HAPPINESS

I am just speaking the truth.
Thank God I am born a woman....
If not I would have nothing to play when I am a kid....

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 7:53 pm

Oh so not a ladyboy then? better send KSL back into the field for a refresher course.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 8:12 pm

Even if you're not a lady-boy, I'm a 6'2 183lb rugby-playing handsome as my picture Latin lover . . .

Ok, I'm neither Latin nor is that my picture . . . but the rest is true!

As has been said previously . . . why do you persist on hanging on to him, it seems the one without gumption is you. Pull yourself together and make the first tentative steps to being more independent . . . you're so very young, get off your butt and look around if that is what you wish . . .

On the other hand, if you're looking to make him jealous . . .

:cool: To quote my favourite musician . . . Lookin' for Mr. Goodbody! Here he is!
One in the hand is worth two of something

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 8:22 pm

aiyo... dump him la if you not happy, then no more sad story lor.

or maybe alice188 life coaching can share-share her happiness here? :wink:

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 8:24 pm

durain wrote:aiyo... dump him la if you not happy, then no more sad story lor.

or maybe alice188 life coaching can share-share her happiness here? :wink:

:lol:

patsy_sg
Regular
Regular

Post by patsy_sg » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:28 pm

vincher, just dump him if he's making you so miserable you come to a forum of strangers to ask for advice!

also, your posts does smack of damsel in distress handsome knight please rescue me... sorry if it offends but that was the first thing that came into my mind when I read your post!

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 11:16 pm

seriously, be strong! have more conviction and when you do leave him dont look back. if hes not treating you right then hes not worth it! go find someone else.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 12:02 am

Sorry for the remarks Vincher82, I sincerely think its time you ruled your own life, be strong and just move back to your parents or something, he will probably look for another weak person to control.

You have to start standing firm for yourself, and learn to control your own emotions and love :) be brave, hopefully you have family that will help you out, to get your things moved.

vincher82

Post by vincher82 » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 3:39 pm

YA.... I've moved back... :mad:

By the way...I'm not really young here... Nearly 30s.... :shock:

Ya... I will be strong... ZZzzz.... Thank you everyone. :lol:
Thank God I am born a woman....
If not I would have nothing to play when I am a kid....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 3:55 pm

That's Young! (half my age!) and congratulations. You have your freedom again. This time slowly, slowly. Hope your life looks brighter now. Probably feels like a tonne has been lifted from your mind.

You'll probably have twinges of regret but ignore them as you will only hurt yourself in the end. Join in some group activities at first as there is safety in numbers.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 4:56 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That's Young! (one quarter my age!)
edited for accuracy . . .
One in the hand is worth two of something

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 5:09 pm

:o :tongue:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers