Squash or Racquetball

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Post Reply
aragorn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 1:21 pm
Location: Singapore

Squash or Racquetball

Post by aragorn » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 1:26 pm

All - I just recently moved to Singapore from California where I used to play racquetball regularly. I consider myself a decent racquetball player, but I realize that there are no racquetball courts in Singapore. I figured I could start playing squash instead.

Could someone please point me in the right direction to start this game? I have no idea where any public courts are. I live near Newton/Novena, so it would be great to find something nearby. I don't even mind paying for a few lessons to get a hang of the sport. Thanks!
May the force be with you!

jaredxz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:32 pm

Post by jaredxz » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 1:37 am

Hi all, i used to play racquetball in north carolina as well, but only for a short 4 months. I started playing squash a few months back, so i'm still a newbie.

Is anyone interested to play squash sometime soon? I'm living near Bishan, and i know the nearest squash centre will be at Yio Chu Kang sports hall. Thanks!

aragorn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 1:21 pm
Location: Singapore

Squash - Available to play

Post by aragorn » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 11:53 am

jaredxz wrote:Hi all, i used to play racquetball in north carolina as well, but only for a short 4 months. I started playing squash a few months back, so i'm still a newbie.

Is anyone interested to play squash sometime soon? I'm living near Bishan, and i know the nearest squash centre will be at Yio Chu Kang sports hall. Thanks!
Hi, I am available to play. I live near Newton, but would need some instruction to get used to squash. I have played racquetball. Let me know if you want to play anytime this week.
May the force be with you!

jaredxz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:32 pm

Re: Squash - Available to play

Post by jaredxz » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 1:53 pm

I'm free to play in the morning or afternoon, Monday to Friday this week.

aragorn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 1:21 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Squash - Available to play

Post by aragorn » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 4:45 pm

jaredxz wrote:I'm free to play in the morning or afternoon, Monday to Friday this week.
Hi Jaredxz, Tuesday evening does not work this week. Any other evening is ok. Let me know.
May the force be with you!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39579
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 5:16 pm

I believe that OFS school has Raquetball courts as well as the American Club.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jaredxz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:32 pm

Re: Squash - Available to play

Post by jaredxz » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 1:38 am

aragorn wrote:
jaredxz wrote:I'm free to play in the morning or afternoon, Monday to Friday this week.
Hi Jaredxz, Tuesday evening does not work this week. Any other evening is ok. Let me know.
I checked the websites for OFS and the American Club, but did not find any info on their racquetball courts. maybe its not listed?

hmm i won't be free on other evenings this week. I am good for Monday or Tuesday evening next week though. i've linked a website for the rules:
http://www.squashclub.org/main/e-lesson ... ules.shtml
Hope it helps.

aragorn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 1:21 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Squash - Available to play

Post by aragorn » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 8:06 am

jaredxz wrote:
aragorn wrote:
jaredxz wrote:I'm free to play in the morning or afternoon, Monday to Friday this week.
Hi Jaredxz, Tuesday evening does not work this week. Any other evening is ok. Let me know.
I checked the websites for OFS and the American Club, but did not find any info on their racquetball courts. maybe its not listed?

hmm i won't be free on other evenings this week. I am good for Monday or Tuesday evening next week though. i've linked a website for the rules:
http://www.squashclub.org/main/e-lesson ... ules.shtml
Hope it helps.
Monday or Tuesday evening next week work for me. Let me know what's better. I have no idea if there is a squash court in the OFS or American club.
May the force be with you!

jaredxz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:32 pm

Re: Squash - Available to play

Post by jaredxz » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 1:13 pm

aragorn wrote: Monday or Tuesday evening next week work for me. Let me know what's better. I have no idea if there is a squash court in the OFS or American club.
Ok we'll make it Monday evening then. The Yio Chu Kang courts close at 10pm. what time works for you? 7pm or 8pm? I think we'll be playing for about 2 hours.

Iniakin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 9:52 am

Post by Iniakin » Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:55 am

Please contact me if you want to play squash!!!My number: 83518324

jaredxz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:32 pm

Post by jaredxz » Fri, 12 Jun 2009 7:55 pm

Iniakin wrote:Please contact me if you want to play squash!!!My number: 83518324
hi iniakin. do you want to join me and aragorn on monday evening?

Iniakin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 9:52 am

Post by Iniakin » Sat, 13 Jun 2009 2:37 pm

Ok!!!But we are you playing??I don´t know the city!!!Thank you!!!

jaredxz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:32 pm

Post by jaredxz » Sat, 13 Jun 2009 3:37 pm

Iniakin wrote:Ok!!!But we are you playing??I don´t know the city!!!Thank you!!!
We can meet at the MRT station first, NS15 Yio Chu Kang. where are you coming from?

Iniakin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 9:52 am

Post by Iniakin » Sat, 13 Jun 2009 3:41 pm

Hi!I live in River Valley (Shangai Road)!!I have checked the place you are telling and it is very far away isn´t it??

jaredxz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:32 pm

Post by jaredxz » Sat, 13 Jun 2009 4:17 pm

Iniakin wrote:Hi!I live in River Valley (Shangai Road)!!I have checked the place you are telling and it is very far away isn´t it??
i just did a bit more research on the courts in singapore, and there is one at Kallang Squash Centre.

http://www.focussingapore.com/singapore ... enter.html

would it be more convenenient for you and aragorn instead? i tried calling the place for more details, but no one answered.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Entertainment, Leisure & Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests