Hi, I am currently a primary school teacher in London UK and I am planning on relocating to Singapore in January 2010. I have recently visited Singapore and loved it! My partner has moved to Singapore for his job and this has played a enourmous part on my decisions. I have several questions to ask about teaching out there as I am finding mixed answers on the internet. Come January I will have 2 and a half years teaching experience in 2 primary schools, I also lead ICT for my current school and I am the International Partnership co-ordinator with 3 London schools and 5 schools in Pakistan.
1. Do many positions become available for Primary School teachers working in International Schools
2. Similarly - I will be relocating in January, and wondering if many positions become available mid school year?
3. Do International School
s take supply teachers (I'm asking this because I am unsure of my chances for finding a position in January and wondering if supply may be my option)?
4. What is the approximate pay range for working in an International School with 2 and a half years teaching experience? Also - are any adititional benefits for expat teachers (e.g. relocation fees, housing allowences)?
- Also if I become a supply teacher do these benefits still apply?
5. How do I go about joining supply agencies for International Schools?
Many thanks for reading all my questions! Please reply or personal message me if you can provide any assistance.