Singapore Expats Forum

multi entry visa for Indonesia for tourist?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
OogieBoogie
Regular
Regular

multi entry visa for Indonesia for tourist?

Postby OogieBoogie » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 9:58 am

When i went to Bintan in March, immigration used a whole page of my passport to put a temporary visa. I figure out that if they do that each time i go to Indonesia, i'm going to run out of pages long before my passport expire.

So i was wondering if there's a way to avoid this, by asking for a multi entry visa or something? I asked the question to the Indonesia embassy si Singapore 2 months ago, they never bother to answer me.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:07 am

I believe there is only a Business multi entry visa available, but not a tourist one.

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:25 am

can you get pages added to your passport?

not sure where you're from, but it's free for americans!

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pakjohn » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:55 am

As far as I know you can only get a business mutiple entry and even then they balk at that.

I had one and after the 10th or 11th visit they started lecturing me each time I enter on not having a work permit. So I had to get a work permit which turned out to be easier to come by than a multiple entry visa!

The downside is that when I leave Indo I have to pay 150ribu. :(
Pakjohn

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 11:01 am

There is a multiple entry visa. It's mostly used for business purposes, but can be used for tourism. You need a sponsor in Indonesia who will apply at their local immigration office. The embassy website and staff will say Jakarta main office, but it can be done at any immigration office in Indonesia, just takes a bit more energy :)

See http://www.kbrisingapura.com/immigratio ... p?lang=eng for details

This visa costs S$170 though, so it may end up being cheaper, both in time and money, to just get a new passport or add pages.

You can also call Lucky (pronounced Lou Key), Assistant Immigration Attache (second in charge of immigration) directly at 6839 5421 for more information.

OogieBoogie
Regular
Regular

Postby OogieBoogie » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 1:35 pm

well this is just for tourism, not anything else, so i don't see how i could get a business visa.

But thx anyway.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 5:23 pm

OogieBoogie wrote:well this is just for tourism, not anything else, so i don't see how i could get a business visa.

But thx anyway.

This is Indonesia lah! Visa nggak apa-apa, kalo ada uang :P

My 1-visa business visa, arranged in Jakarta, cost about S$300 in "facilitation fees". Ask any visa agent in Singapore, not sure about the price but I'm sure they can arrange it.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

tatuanui

Postby tatuanui » Sun, 23 Aug 2009 2:46 pm

Hi

I looked into this briefly as my wife is Indonesian (so envisage going there a lot) and I'm theoretically meant to travel to Indo for work sometimes. However, when I saw the info I rolled my eyes and didn't bother looking too much further into it.
From memory, you need (theoretically) one for personal and one for business. You'd need to go there a lot to justify the cost I figure.
Last time I went to Jakarta it took an hour to get Visa on arrival (tax for foreigners) plus another half hour to find my bags which had been taken off the carousel due to taking so long to get through immigration.
Maybe they don't want to encourage me to come to Indonesia so I'm happy to spend my money elsewhere.
So, a multiple entry visa may take away some of the hassle (incl filling pages in your passport) but IMHO you'd have to go there alot.

PS this is my first forum posting.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Aug 2009 4:59 pm

tatuanui wrote:PS this is my first forum posting.

Welcome to the forum. We know it's your first. Look on the left side of the page under your Nick/Avatar. It will tell you your post count. :wink:

Edited to add: Now you are back down to 2 posts as you double posted the same message in the other thread so I deleted one of them. Happen occasionally with there is a time lag with the servers. :wink:

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:30 pm

Taxico - while adding pages for US people is a nice one, for many other countries (mine included) it's not an option. Just an FYI :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Aug 2009 2:00 am

sierra2469alpha wrote:Taxico - while adding pages for US people is a nice one, for many other countries (mine included) it's not an option. Just an FYI :)

I believe that was what he inferred by saying that US ones were free (e.g., being different than the majority). Fair comment, especially IF the guy is American and has never traveled enough to fill up a whole passport. (my first US passport had the old style fold out pages with one attached to every page in the passport (all 23 pages of it). Now days, they tape in an additional signature to your passport that contains around 20 pages (40 sides).

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Postby ScoobyDoes » Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:24 pm

Depending on whether your passport is from Asia Pacific or not, or if you are a HK PR you can apply for a APEC Business Travel Card.

Not sure if a letter was required from the company or not along with the application but the guys are more interested in getting a few dollars than caring about who has the card or not. You only get a stamp in the passport as your visa is basically pre-approved and is encoded in the barcode of the card.

Can't remember the price but it's only about forty Euro and last three years.

tatuanui

Postby tatuanui » Mon, 24 Aug 2009 1:15 pm

ScoobyDoes wrote:Depending on whether your passport is from Asia Pacific or not, or if you are a HK PR you can apply for a APEC Business Travel Card.

Not sure if a letter was required from the company or not along with the application but the guys are more interested in getting a few dollars than caring about who has the card or not. You only get a stamp in the passport as your visa is basically pre-approved and is encoded in the barcode of the card.

My passport is NZ. I've seen the APEC card (our CEO just got one). I must look into it but he said you have to prove you travel alot. Our CEO lives on an airplane just about! :) I think it can take quite a while too.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Postby ScoobyDoes » Mon, 24 Aug 2009 2:23 pm

I just filled in an application from but can't remember an issues with proof of travel. Anyway there is no fee to pay until the card is approved so nothing ventured nothing gained in my books.

I think i got the bulk of countries to agree my visa in ~6wks and got an interim card as the ones still waiting for were not ones i travelled to.

tatuanui

Postby tatuanui » Thu, 25 Nov 2010 1:15 pm

tatuanui wrote:
ScoobyDoes wrote:Depending on whether your passport is from Asia Pacific or not, or if you are a HK PR you can apply for a APEC Business Travel Card.

My passport is NZ. I've seen the APEC card (our CEO just got one). I must look into it but he said you have to prove you travel alot. Our CEO lives on an airplane just about! :) I think it can take quite a while too.

I just got my APEC business travellers card. It took a few months but was just a case of filling out the form and paying the NZD 150 up front. I haven't used it yet.

Has anyone got one and used it in Indonesia? I may travel there for pleasure before business so I'm wondering if they'll hassle me if it's obvious I'm not travelling for business e.g. weekend only with family in tow. Another poster said they had a multiple entry business visa but still had to pay 150ribu when leaving. Does anyone know if that's also the case with APEC traveller's card?

I also heard that you can't get the USD10 7 day visa anymore, just the USD25 30 day visa. Can anyone confirm that?