Singapore Expats Forum

sundaymorningstaple

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
User avatar
imrankassim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri, 09 Jan 2009
Location: Novo Logistics Pte Ltd
Contact:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby imrankassim » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 7:07 pm

deleted
Last edited by imrankassim on Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
durain
Director
Director
Posts: 3666
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2007
Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby durain » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 9:40 pm

so what company you work for??? :roll:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34261
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 10:03 pm

If you remember I also reminded you to not refer to your company or your signature in the body of your message. (Purely passive advertising) if you persist in trying to post fishing posts. You lost your cool and that's just not done when you are basically only here advertising and nothing more. (You were within the limits I had advised you of before until about half way through that thread and then you started coming unglued. You are welcome to continue to post but that thread is closed. That is why you were able to start this thread and respond to others after it's locking. I didn't lock your account as I feel you do provide some relevant info. But to get into a slagging match when you are basically nothing more than an advertiser does you or your business no good.

imrankassim wrote:If anyone wants to move a shipment with us or get a quote from us, sure that whats my contact details in the signature are for.

imrankassim wrote:What this forum needs is some spot on professional advice ........we've been in the industry for over 30 years.


Both of these are considered references to your business. I think you know it as well.

Pakjohn didn't "just catch a whiff" of you signature. We have all known it all along. I mean, let's face it, you are not very subtle, as you never post anything except on this subject. So my best advice is to learn to reign in your temper. Do you lose it that easily with your clientele? Especially if they think you are in the wrong? I know if I were a potential Mover I'd think twice as it's a stressful enough time without have a Mover who apparently flies off the handle at basically nothing.

Moderator

User avatar
imrankassim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri, 09 Jan 2009
Location: Novo Logistics Pte Ltd
Contact:

Postby imrankassim » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:01 pm

deleted
Last edited by imrankassim on Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue, 27 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore (Finally!)

Postby sierra2469alpha » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:02 pm

Yeh I think I kind of alluded to that in the other thread...you haven't done yourself much help here imrankassim.

See, imrankassim, some of us here try to help people and cop a lot of "flak" for it. We point out issues in postings such as yours so we can actually help people. Now, as I suggested before, it's a lesson learned for you.

SMS and PakJohn are right - they usually are 99% of the time. Oh apart from that one time ;) @ SMS

I stand by my previous post - your company isn't helping itself with your attitude. By even promoting your company in your signature block, people are likely to see this thread and will see your sorely mistaken attempts at promoting yourself.

Mr. P

User avatar
imrankassim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri, 09 Jan 2009
Location: Novo Logistics Pte Ltd
Contact:

Postby imrankassim » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:25 pm

deleted
Last edited by imrankassim on Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34261
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:39 pm

imrankassim wrote:
If you think, for one second, that I am just out to spam my company's services, why would I bother giving out paragraphs of details regarding shipping containers, airfreight, best way to pack one's items, which items require fumigation. Are these not useful info which everyone can benefit from ? Would a spammer be bothered to delve into such detail, there's no guarantee they'll get the business (if any) ! No mate, I am honestly just trying to help. And i got shot down in the process, cheers for that !


Imran, read ksl's voluminous posts about the benefits of vinegar. Huge quantities of information down to the nitty-gritty. But never mentions his company or to contact him. Purely passive advertising but highly effective if you play your post right. Giving out information in great detail shows nothing to hide and a willingness to work with people. You got shot down for advertising in the threads and losing your temper. Oh, spamming basically is nothing more than posting the same information into several threads. Posting the same guidelines in every thread that comes along asking about moving or relocation just to put your link there IS spamming.

moderator

User avatar
imrankassim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri, 09 Jan 2009
Location: Novo Logistics Pte Ltd
Contact:

Postby imrankassim » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:45 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
imrankassim wrote:
If you think, for one second, that I am just out to spam my company's services, why would I bother giving out paragraphs of details regarding shipping containers, airfreight, best way to pack one's items, which items require fumigation. Are these not useful info which everyone can benefit from ? Would a spammer be bothered to delve into such detail, there's no guarantee they'll get the business (if any) ! No mate, I am honestly just trying to help. And i got shot down in the process, cheers for that !


Imran, read ksl's voluminous posts about the benefits of vinegar. Huge quantities of information down to the nitty-gritty. But never mentions his company or to contact him. Purely passive advertising but highly effective if you play your post right. Giving out information in great detail shows nothing to hide and a willingness to work with people. You got shot down for advertising in the threads and losing your temper. Oh, spamming basically is nothing more than posting the same information into several threads. Posting the same guidelines in every thread that comes along asking about moving or relocation just to put your link there IS spamming.

moderator


aye cheers pal.
Last edited by imrankassim on Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34261
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:57 pm

I have split the thread that caused this rukus and moved it to the moderators forum and left the original thread with the first three replies ending with Pakjohn's initial reply. I have unlocked that thread and hopefully you all can help the OP with THEIR request this time. Play nice folks.

moderator

Now can we give this thread a rest? I'm moving it the the rubbish forum.

User avatar
imrankassim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri, 09 Jan 2009
Location: Novo Logistics Pte Ltd
Contact:

Postby imrankassim » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:09 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I have split the thread that caused this rukus and moved it to the moderators forum and left the original thread with the first three replies ending with Pakjohn's initial reply. I have unlocked that thread and hopefully you all can help the OP with THEIR request this time. Play nice folks.

moderator

Now can we give this thread a rest? I'm moving it the the rubbish forum.


will do mate, this is starting to feel like the second coming ! :D
Last edited by imrankassim on Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:18 am

sierra2469alpha wrote:
I stand by my previous post - your company isn't helping itself with your attitude. By even promoting your company in your signature block, people are likely to see this thread and will see your sorely mistaken attempts at promoting yourself.

Mr. P


Totally agree with Mr P and others, trying to blatantly advertise your company on a forum just shows how desperate levels you've succumbed to get try and get some business. Trying this tactic on a well established Singapore forum as this has just opened, not just yourself, but the company you current work for, to absolute justified ridicule.

Just my opinion

User avatar
imrankassim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri, 09 Jan 2009
Location: Novo Logistics Pte Ltd
Contact:

Postby imrankassim » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:41 am

Saint wrote:
sierra2469alpha wrote:
I stand by my previous post - your company isn't helping itself with your attitude. By even promoting your company in your signature block, people are likely to see this thread and will see your sorely mistaken attempts at promoting yourself.

Mr. P


Totally agree with Mr P and others, trying to blatantly advertise your company on a forum just shows how desperate levels you've succumbed to get try and get some business. Trying this tactic on a well established Singapore forum as this has just opened, not just yourself, but the company you current work for, to absolute justified ridicule.

Just my opinion


could i kindly request for sundaymorningstaple to lockdown this thread, saint you're really not helping pal we've already resolved this.

User avatar
imrankassim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri, 09 Jan 2009
Location: Novo Logistics Pte Ltd
Contact:

Postby imrankassim » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 1:34 am

Saint wrote:
sierra2469alpha wrote:
I stand by my previous post - your company isn't helping itself with your attitude. By even promoting your company in your signature block, people are likely to see this thread and will see your sorely mistaken attempts at promoting yourself.

Mr. P


Totally agree with Mr P and others, trying to blatantly advertise your company on a forum just shows how desperate levels you've succumbed to get try and get some business. Trying this tactic on a well established Singapore forum as this has just opened, not just yourself, but the company you current work for, to absolute justified ridicule.

Just my opinion


rant deleted
Last edited by imrankassim on Wed, 03 Jun 2009 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34261
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 7:18 am

Imran,

as you can see, our regulars like these forums on this board to be advertising free. The purpose of this board is to help others (not help ourselves). This is why we do not allow outright advertising here "unless it's paid for" and even those advertisements are banners and a single sticky. They are not allowed to post in the forums linking to their advertisements either.

We all are giving of ourselves without any objective of creating gain for ourselves. We like it this way. That's why, when our regulars spot pure advertising they usually let all and sundry know. They are protective AND proactive here and that's the way we like it. They were all visitors here initially as well and now, like myself, are giving something back to help the next wave as we are all helped in the beginning. We are an altruistic bunch of people even if some of us have somewhat acerbic tongues at times :oops: . Even my links page is gratis and if you noticed, it is advertising free and nothing on there is paid for. I get numerous requests per month via the link there to have links exchanges or paid advertisements included because that page has a high hit count. But I turn them down. It was made by fellow expats who used those services and recommended them. I pay for that site out of my own pocket.

Anyway, I have locked this thread and hopefully you will use this "second coming' wisely. I don't want to crucify anybody but I won't hesitate to if it happens again. :wink:

moderator (takes off moderator armour now).


Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests