Singapore Expats

Aluminium

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Byrchwood

Aluminium

Post by Byrchwood » Fri, 29 May 2009 8:44 pm

Our outdoor umbrella that we brought over from Australia has suffered the Singapore Wind on our balcony & has snapped off 2 of the arms. We are trying to locate aluminium tubes that we can fix the umbrella. Can anyone give me an idea where this can be bought. We do not need a lot of it, just a few strips.
Thanks

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Aluminium

Post by ksl » Sat, 30 May 2009 1:45 am

Byrchwood wrote:Our outdoor umbrella that we brought over from Australia has suffered the Singapore Wind on our balcony & has snapped off 2 of the arms. We are trying to locate aluminium tubes that we can fix the umbrella. Can anyone give me an idea where this can be bought. We do not need a lot of it, just a few strips.
Thanks
Your nearest industrial estate should be able to oblige!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 30 May 2009 9:06 am

There is a very complete aluminum supply shop located in the Kallang/Lavender area. It is on King Georges Ave just past Home road on your left as you come from Lavender.

AngMoKio
Regular
Regular

Post by AngMoKio » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 2:34 pm

Also quite a few Aluminum and copper shops next to the Jalan Besar stadium (in the same neighborhood as the Lavender ones mentioned.)

Oddly, I was looking for the same thing today.

Return to “General Discussions”