I think he just said, "Buh Bye!!!"sierra2469alpha wrote:Try: nothingzhx0594 wrote:I DON'T KONW WHAT TO SAY...
SINGAPORE EXPATS FORUM
Singapore Expat Forum and Message Board for Expats in Singapore & Expatriates Relocating to Singapore
Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
- Strong Eagle
- Posts: 11642
- Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
- Location: Off The Red Dot
sing_resident_09 wrote:Hi friends,
I'm looking to buy a laptop computer in Singapore within the next month. I was looking for advice on the following:
1. where to buy: the usual suspects are Funan IT mall & Sim Lim. But would be grateful on any suggestions for shops that you can recommend for getting good deals yet not getting ripped-off.
2. Timing of purchase: I'm planning to buy within the next month (ie. June). Do you think I should wait for a while for any great Singapore sale periods, and if yes, when is the best time to get the best deals? Or is it that sale if ALWAYS on in Singapore, hence all times are probably great for Laptop shopping?
3. Also as an aside, is Malaysia better than Singapore for buying laptops in terms of prices being cheaper there?
4. Not sure how far will get suggestions on this, but do you also have any recommendations on a laptop brand / model that is most importantly light weight is good for general home use (internet surfing, storing some files e.g. photos) but nothing very fancy, and very reliable, yet not the most expensive.
Many thanks for your help with this.
1. I bought my EeePC from Newstead Tech. They have a few outlets in Funan and Sim Lim. They're reputable and have been business for many years.
2. You can wait until the next IT fair. Personally I wouldn't risk my life visiting the fair with other 500,000 people in the same building, just to get a few freebies.
3. Don't do it.
4. Well.... most of the time it depends on luck.
Amazon do provide tracking number and they usually send vis UPS.sherlockian21 wrote:I'd wanted to buy from Amazon but it seems they send packages without tracking no?
I bought 2 electronic stugg from Amazon using my Indian crredit card and gave shipping address of my friend in US. He was returning back to India soon.
You can get it via vPost Asia too how ever more shipping charge applies.
They gives you temp vPost Asia postal address in Oregon.
While ordering from Amazon specify your Oregon vPost address.
From there package comes to your Singapore address once you pay shipping charge from US to Singapore.
Similarly you can also purchase from UK,Japan sites using your vPost Europe,Japan address but I think you'll need to pay flat 7% GST at customs before it enters Singapore.
I am not so familier with Singapore customs.
But yes I order ThinkPad laptops from US to India usually which comes via Singapore port. At present I am in Singapore.
Depending on vendor you get international warranty.
I bought 2nd hand x41 tablet 3 months ago from eBay.,US which was under warranty but I checked it has warranty outside US for that perticular model.
Some ThinkPads for US region carries international warranty, some not.
So it's imp you check model number and international waranty for it from Lenovo's web site.
For Toshiba they dont provide international warranty.
Many emploeyes from my India office bought Toshiba laptops @ Toronto but they didnt get warranty in India. Same to SONY.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 6 Replies
- 6607 Views
Last post by lucassmith
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 6:02 pm
- 1 Replies
- 3209 Views
Last post by Edgar P
Wed, 21 Jun 2017 4:42 pm
- 3 Replies
- 2059 Views
Last post by sundaymorningstaple
Tue, 23 May 2017 9:33 am
- 2 Replies
- 1619 Views
Last post by Lisafuller
Wed, 03 Feb 2021 9:41 pm
- 5 Replies
- 1639 Views
Last post by Lisafuller
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 1:42 am
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest