Singapore Expats Forum

English club

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
pp bblydia

Re: English club

Postby pp bblydia » Sun, 14 Jun 2009 9:06 pm

Hello,that is a great idea. I want to join this club. we can make friends & learn each other. If you interested it , contract with lydialee921@hotmail.com

neo_xx

HI

Postby neo_xx » Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:03 pm

Hi calebyam,

Why dont you post the venue and time ? I couldnt find the
details of this ongoing club .

calebyam

International Students Link

Postby calebyam » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 2:36 pm

Dear All,

we are known as the international students link, and we have the lessons held at a church at 368 Pasir Panjang Road, please feel free to email me at caleb.yam@gmail.com and we will be happy to get in touch with you from there. The next session is on the 4th July. We normally have it at 11am, and either head off for lunch at ard 12 or 12:30pm.

Do let me know if you are interested, so we can prepare ahead of time.

Thanks,

sundaymorningstaple

Re: hi

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 4:15 pm

calebyam wrote:it is not a bible class, we will be having conversational classes for now, in the future, we might be using bible passages for English lessons. Also, the class is held in the church compounds. But it won't be a preaching session, more really for us to get to know international students better.

No doubt! Seeing the church is one of a group of break-away protestants from the main Presbyterian Church and very fundamentalist in nature so much so that there is a schism between even themselves over the Theory of Verbal Plenary Preservation (VPP). Should be okay as long as your faith in your own religion is secure.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: hi

Postby ksl » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 6:02 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
calebyam wrote:it is not a bible class, we will be having conversational classes for now, in the future, we might be using bible passages for English lessons. Also, the class is held in the church compounds. But it won't be a preaching session, more really for us to get to know international students better.

No doubt! Seeing the church is one of a group of break-away protestants from the main Presbyterian Church and very fundamentalist in nature so much so that there is a schism between even themselves over the Theory of Verbal Plenary Preservation (VPP). Should be okay as long as your faith in your own religion is secure.
Ringing bells!

calebyam

=)

Postby calebyam » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 4:13 pm

Please look at the blog at www.internationalstudentslink.blogspot.com to see previous events and photos. Honestly I am not promoting any kind of theology. But do come and take a look if you want to, just thought since there was a need, so put it up here as a resource. =) in any case, feel free to contact us.

Cheers!

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Re: =)

Postby hibri2 » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 4:40 pm

calebyam wrote:Honestly I am not promoting any kind of theology.
Cheers!

got a housemate last year; 19 years old impressionable chinese girl, first time out of her country, first time living alone... she went to some similar international students group that were actually "recruiting" on her university grounds (yes, we teach english... yes, we provide friendship...)

a month later... she was a wearing the cross, two months after the cross incident ... she cant live in the same house as us atheists heathens...

maybe you are not promoting something, calebyam, and you are honestly trying to be helpful... but we should always be wary of the intentions of an organized religion institution.

(i wont argue about religion here in this thread [hijacking])
"Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church." - Unknown.

huongly

Postby huongly » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:22 pm

hi there ^^

i'm newbie here. I'm very glad to see this club to help me improve my english skill. I'm in Sing almost 9mnths but because i talked by Eng such a little then my speaking skill is still at low level...

would you guys help me out with this prblm :P ? contact me at huongly19@gmail.com

hope we will have fun!!
loads of love!

katiepup
Regular
Regular

Postby katiepup » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 11:59 pm

Hi guys,

I'd also love to exchange my English skills for another language - French Intermediate, Mandarin Beginners, etc. Anyone interested can email me direct and/or loop me into the 'church' forum, thx,

island_pup@yahoo.com

alice.yoon79

Hi~

Postby alice.yoon79 » Sun, 09 Aug 2009 11:35 am

Hello. I'm also a newbie here. And glad to find this site. :)
I'd love to join ths English club in order to make good friends as well as
improving my language skill.
I arrived here just 4 weeks ago. I'm getting bored already.
And if I can find a good friend, I would be very happy.
I will go to church on next saturday. But I'm not familiar with
directions yet.
So anyone planning to join it next week, please let me know.
Then we can join together.
Or please advise me of the detailed directions.
That would be very helpful for me. :D
alice.yoon79@gmail.com

Thanks.