Singapore Expats Forum

English club

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
neo_xx

English club

Postby neo_xx » Thu, 28 May 2009 6:39 pm

Hi,

I am sure there should be many native English speaking expats in this forum. I wonder if somebody can arrange an English club for help of other expats who really want to improve their English skill. Advantage is not only for the learners but the master also get an opportunity to develop his skills. Dont hesitate to show ur interest.......

neoXX...

suehuang

i wanna join it

Postby suehuang » Fri, 05 Jun 2009 6:01 pm

hi,,i am a chinses girl ,,,i also wanna join that group for practise english ....

if you find it ..pls tell me ...tks..

msn: huangrong621@hotami.com
Just enjoy life...

akhild
Regular
Regular

Postby akhild » Fri, 05 Jun 2009 6:03 pm

i dun mind, but frankly might become a drag after a while..

how do u intend to do it? talk till the cows come home or by reading n sharing what was read?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Jun 2009 8:55 pm

Will it also help teach people how to use all 101 keys on the keyboard as well? :P

neo_xx

Hi All.....

Postby neo_xx » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 1:32 pm

We can come up with a program and arrange a peaceful place for gathering. But we need to wait for a volunteer for conducting the session.

xila

Good Idea

Postby xila » Sun, 07 Jun 2009 12:45 pm

I´ve just been registered and I saw your discussion. I think it is a great Idea, and Once we find a conductor to do it, Iwoul like to join us.
I am french girl and I need to improve my spoken english and take the opportunity to meet new people. :-)

UK-HK-SIN

Postby UK-HK-SIN » Sun, 07 Jun 2009 4:23 pm

i used to do something like this in Hong Kong. I volunteered to help 2 girls who were having lessons at the British Council before they did their exam. They both came to my house and we did extra exercises from their text books and watchet English TV shows........Then suddenly they both had some other 'friends' who also wanted to join in but basically wanted a free English teacher. We met on Tues mornings and then one day one girl couldn't come until lunch time and then one girl wanted to come and meet me in the evenings 'cos she changed job and the whole thing became a huge pain in the arse.
Also with more than a 1 2 1 you end up having a bunch of people doing different courses / exams and at different levels and it really becomes a waste of everyones time. Sorry to be so negative but speaking as someone who tried this once I really wouldn't recommend it .....

veggie72

English teaching

Postby veggie72 » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 9:32 am

Hi Xila and the french-speaking,

I am able to teach English as a spoken language since I have had freelane experience as an EFL teacher though I am nt a native English speaker but am a local. But I wouldl ove to want to speak French and so am interested in a sort of exchange program. Let me know and we can arrange for something.

springofbliss@hotmail.com

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blue_thunder » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:00 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Will it also help teach people how to use all 101 keys on the keyboard as well? :P

[-X [-X
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

calebyam

English Club

Postby calebyam » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 5:18 pm

Hi, we do have an English club running, we are kinda catering to students but working expats are definitely welcome to join as well, we have a blog at www.internationalstudentslink.blogspot.com, alternatively if anyone's interested to find out more, feel free to email me at caleb.yam@gmail.com

neo_xx

Hi

Postby neo_xx » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 5:47 pm

Wow this is great !! I will be there Definitely. Thanks for your information. I guess the url should be,

http://www.internationalstudentslink.blogspot.com/

Anyone up for this from singExpat ?

calebyam

Postby calebyam » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 6:07 pm

Dear NeoXX,

Thanks for helping with the typo.. should have left the comma out. Will be glad to see you, please check the blog, there should be some info out soon, also please feel free to email me, and we can get in touch, to help with finding the location etc., if you have any friends who might be interested to come along, feel free to get them along too.

neo_xx

Opppsss..

Postby neo_xx » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 6:09 pm

Ohhh.. Is this a bible class ?

calebyam

hi

Postby calebyam » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:13 pm

it is not a bible class, we will be having conversational classes for now, in the future, we might be using bible passages for English lessons. Also, the class is held in the church compounds. But it won't be a preaching session, more really for us to get to know international students better.

bandung
Regular
Regular

english?

Postby bandung » Sun, 14 Jun 2009 2:23 pm

Im cool with it :) Im english speaking, my main language for the last 25 years :P

I dont mind helping out as the same time ill be meeting some new friends and also maybe a lil of their language.

so count me in and update me :) just mail me at aman_aboobucker@yahoo.co.uk

or facebook me @ Aman Aboobucker
Life is loud, ROCK IT!