Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for travel buddies

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
AcousticMind

Looking for travel buddies

Postby AcousticMind » Sun, 24 May 2009 7:12 pm

Hi All,

So I have been working my a** off in office from last few months and need a break from my boring schedule. I am looking for some travel buddies to join me for a trip. I have currently two options:

a. Australia in June (for 4-5 days):
I am going to Sydney in June to meet a friend. She will be quite helpful in roaming around in Sydney and near by places. We are thinking to go to Snowy mountains etc (on weekends). However, she will be bit busy on week days and I am in absolute mood of adventure, so dont wanna go alone.. It will be fun to hang around in a group..

b. España (6-7 days)
Estoy pensando visitar España y especialmente Sevilla.

thinking of going to Spain (Seville and Madrid) and may be Portugal for a day because I wanna meet two friends who are coming from USA to Portugal.. just to see a concert. (Yeah! I know, rich bast*rds :P,
Meeting them is NOT a must thing for this trip though).

I dont have any planned dates as of now. Also, if you are already going to some places or have better suggestions/options, please let me know..

~Ta

timtams
Regular
Regular

Re: Looking for travel buddies

Postby timtams » Sun, 24 May 2009 8:39 pm

AcousticMind wrote:Hi All,

So I have been working my a** off in office from last few months and need a break from my boring schedule. I am looking for some travel buddies to join me for a trip. I have currently two options:

a. Australia in June (for 4-5 days):
I am going to Sydney in June to meet a friend. She will be quite helpful in roaming around in Sydney and near by places. We are thinking to go to Snowy mountains etc (on weekends). However, she will be bit busy on week days and I am in absolute mood of adventure, so dont wanna go alone.. It will be fun to hang around in a group..

b. España (6-7 days)
Estoy pensando visitar España y especialmente Sevilla.

thinking of going to Spain (Seville and Madrid) and may be Portugal for a day because I wanna meet two friends who are coming from USA to Portugal.. just to see a concert. (Yeah! I know, rich bast*rds :P,
Meeting them is NOT a must thing for this trip though).

I dont have any planned dates as of now. Also, if you are already going to some places or have better suggestions/options, please let me know..

~Ta

Hi,

When are you looking at visiting Spain? I'm always up for travel. In fact, my friends think I'm addicted to it. :lol:

I'm in the midst of planning for a trip to Eastern Europe.

tesq

Postby tesq » Sun, 24 May 2009 8:53 pm

Hi,

I'm also looking to travel and Sydney sounds good with a bit of adventure on the side!

I'm contactable at ac07 at hotmail.com if you'd like to discuss.

By the way if you're going to Spain, Barcelona's also a fantastic place to visit. Very charming city with lovely (albeit artificial) beaches, not to mention the Gaudí art. :)

Regards,
Ella

AcousticMind

Postby AcousticMind » Mon, 25 May 2009 12:01 am

@timtams: I will let you know. There might be some more ppl (from my spanish institute) interested in going to Spain. Also, let me know about ur plan for eastern Europe..

@tesq: Yes, I may go to Barcelona as well if I wont go to meet my friends in portugal..
When are you comfortable to go to Sydney? First, i was thinking to crash at my friend's place, but if we will have few more ppl to go.. we may think of getting some cheap but decent and comfortable hostel to stay. There are some nice places in CBD area. I think my friend can help us in finding some accommodation there..
I have added you on msn..
Cheers

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Girl_Next_Door » Mon, 25 May 2009 3:19 pm

Hi there

do keep me in the loop of the Spain trip. I am keen in going to Barcelona and Lisbon.

However, I am not big on BIG GROUPS traveling simply because its too complicated and you can never please everyone within the group. If its a 3-4 people group, I will be more interested.

Thanks!

AcousticMind

Postby AcousticMind » Thu, 28 May 2009 11:41 am

@Girl_Next_Door:

Yes, i agree on that.. Having a big group for a trip can make things a bit complicated sometimes.
I hosted a guest last night who came from france (and Barcelona, Spain).
He had some terrible experiences about Barcelona.. He told me that he (and 20+ ppl in his hostel) got robbed within one WEEK!! :shock:
Also, per his perspective there is nothing much to see in Barcelona and I should rather consider other cities (madrid and southern spain etc)...

I will send you a note once i get my plans confirmed..

~Ta
A.M.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Thu, 28 May 2009 11:50 am

AcousticMind wrote:He had some terrible experiences about Barcelona.. He told me that he (and 20+ ppl in his hostel) got robbed within one WEEK!! :shock:
Also, per his perspective there is nothing much to see in Barcelona and I should rather consider other cities (madrid and southern spain etc)...

Nothing to see in Barcelona? :shock:

You do need to keep a close eye for pickpockets in Barca, but Madrid is even worse when it comes to this.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Dounut
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dounut » Thu, 28 May 2009 12:27 pm

Indeed. I saw a man pocketing food into his jacket in a mini supermart in Madrid. :o