Singapore Expats

UPDATE - Freelancing while on dependent visa

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
systengr

Re: UPDATE - Freelancing while on dependent visa

Post by systengr » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 9:25 am

Give me Singapore job visa employment rules link?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:17 pm

Find an employer who wants to hire you. They will ask you for your experience, qualifications, salary requirements, personal data, etc. and they will apply for the employment pass. An employment pass is only good for one employee. If you are unsuccessful with that employee for whatever reason, then try to find another. They will have to do the same thing. If you leave an employer, the pass gets cancelled and a new one will be needed if you find another position. Employment passes are difficult to get nowadays so don't be surprised if you are unsuccessful as Singapore is reducing it's requirements for foreign workers.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: UPDATE - Freelancing while on dependent visa

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 8:23 pm

systengr wrote:Give me Singapore job visa employment rules link?
Seriously?

Man, I don't know what to say.

Simple search of Ministry of Manpower will throw a load of rules and regulations regarding employment of foreigners.

sonoftexas

Post by sonoftexas » Sun, 14 Oct 2018 8:07 am

Does anyone have any more info on earning money for artistic pursuits while on LTVP, or an S pass for some other company? For example, writing books, photography (not photography for clients), running a podcast, etc. None of these require any interaction with Singapore companies or jobs, and would all be published in the US (even YouTube is a US entity), even though I'm technically creating them inside Singapore.

whitesneakers

Post by whitesneakers » Wed, 24 Feb 2021 1:05 am

Hi all! If im on dependent pass of my spass spouse worh 6k salary, can i accept a job offer that’s remote? Meaning im still staying in SG but the company is europe based. Cant find the answer on n mom site. Hope anyone can help. Thanks!!
Stay happy, stay positive. Trust in God's timing. :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Feb 2021 1:21 pm

Do a search on this site. It's been discussed numerous times including at the moment.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers