Singapore Expats Forum

Tullamarine terror

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 12:23 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:My 'job' here is not to judge the quality of posts, merely to remove those that advertise, or contain serious racial, ethnic or other slurs (yes, a moderator judgment).

My job is not to 'guide' or censor or moderate any conversation at all on this board... it gets to go where it will...

hear hear!

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 4:41 pm

pakjohn wrote:
I hope you're not hitting the sauce in a way that has you waking in the morning questioning what you wrote.

Nice way to diffuse and lead the thread back on track, accusations don't help.

This isn't the first time a thread has gone to the gutter and likely won't be the last. You've been involved in some of these as well.

I'd have to support pakjohn in this. If you're trying to 'lead this thread onto a better track' then you certainly failed. Possibly quite the contrary, q.e.d.
Your post count shows 844, in my mind it was much higher than that.

:D A rose by any other name
One in the hand is worth two of something

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 6:43 pm

Quasimodo wrote:
pakjohn wrote:
I hope you're not hitting the sauce in a way that has you waking in the morning questioning what you wrote.

Nice way to diffuse and lead the thread back on track, accusations don't help.

This isn't the first time a thread has gone to the gutter and likely won't be the last. You've been involved in some of these as well.

I'd have to support pakjohn in this. If you're trying to 'lead this thread onto a better track' then you certainly failed. Possibly quite the contrary, q.e.d.

You gentlemen are correct... it is an ill advised remark. It contributed nothing and to Mr. P... my apologies.

A moderator is not granted special powers, other than to delete and edit posts. On many boards mods do not post at all, on this board we get to post but that does not mean we do it any better or any worse than any other poster.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 7:20 pm

No problem from me, Strong Eagle. Never has been from what I recall.

Mr. P

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:25 am

sierra2469alpha wrote:No problem from me, Strong Eagle. Never has been from what I recall.

Mr. P

Where's the puke icon when you need it ?

rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Postby rattlesnake » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 3:15 pm