Singapore Expats Forum

Tullamarine terror

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Sat, 30 May 2009 9:28 pm

Read, rinse, repeat. READ. Then try to think and help people out for a change. It's ACTUALLY really easy to be nice.

Rattlesnake - get off your hobby horse with 38 posts.

Post something useful for a change. Some of us might like your otherwise good posts. Got the hint, now?

rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Postby rattlesnake » Sat, 30 May 2009 9:45 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:Read, rinse, repeat. READ. Then try to think and help people out for a change. It's ACTUALLY really easy to be nice.

Post something useful for a change. Some of us might like your otherwise good posts. Got the hint, now?

Ouch - the 38 post versus 1000+ jibe. Shit mate, I know nothing. Is this what is all about? My c**ks bigger than yours?

Get real - I might have only posted a small number of times, but what I have seen in my limited time here is that you tend to miss the point and argue a tangent quite a bit - and you don't like getting called on it.

BTW - this is the second time in my 38 posts you have waved your 1000+ pearls of wisdom in my face. Are you insecure?

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Sat, 30 May 2009 10:25 pm

bigfilsing wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:
bigfilsing wrote:
You're clearly just itching for a bash aren;t you mate. typical!

That suits your m.o. more likely.

Sierra is passionate and you are simply an oaf

To quote GLC

"I've tried seeing it from your point of view but i couldn't fit my head up your arsehole too"

Nah, mate . . . your head's too big to fit anywhere, isn't it . . . I've no fog in this fight but you are clearly the aggro one, which isn't always bad, but you're thick to boot.

rattlesnake wrote:
pearls of wisdom in my face.

You better hope we're not talking about a pearl necklace from another bloke.
One in the hand is worth two of something

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 May 2009 10:38 pm

Image :-#

rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Postby rattlesnake » Sat, 30 May 2009 11:08 pm

Quasimodo wrote:rattlesnake wrote:[/b]
pearls of wisdom in my face.

You better hope we're not talking about a pearl necklace from another bloke.

I never really thought of it that way. Not one of those images that is front of mind for me. Do you want to come out on the forum? Shouldn't you at least tell your Mum and Dad first?

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Sat, 30 May 2009 11:19 pm

Me thinks thou doth protest too much . . .

Lighten up, my comment was meant as a bit of light-hearted banter . . . and my parents are both dead, can't ask them.

rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Postby rattlesnake » Sat, 30 May 2009 11:33 pm

He he he. So was mine. Lets all laugh at the gay joke.

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Sun, 31 May 2009 11:55 am

rattlesnake wrote:
sierra2469alpha wrote:Read, rinse, repeat. READ. Then try to think and help people out for a change. It's ACTUALLY really easy to be nice.

Ouch - the 38 post versus 1000+ jibe. Shit mate, I know nothing. Is this what is all about? My c**ks bigger than yours?

Get real - I might have only posted a small number of times, but what I have seen in my limited time here is that you tend to miss the point and argue a tangent quite a bit - and you don't like getting called on it.

BTW - this is the second time in my 38 posts you have waved your 1000+ pearls of wisdom in my face. Are you insecure?

Bingo ....we have a winner ladies and gentlemen

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Sun, 31 May 2009 2:17 pm

bigfilsing wrote:

No wonder you write such crap if you think this is a bingo game.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Sun, 31 May 2009 10:14 pm

taxico wrote:
carteki wrote:but if you declare something they don't check the rest of the luggage - major control breakdown.

the last 3 years saw me flying through/to australia/NZ regularly.

when i do declare the food i have, i'm always subjected to a thorough baggage search and questioning. i do not hold an australian or new zealand passport.

the first time i brought in green tomato ketchup as a gift for a friend in sydney. the second time i had a few boxes of frosties (they don't have them where i'm at in NZ).

after those 2 occasions, i no longer bring any food with me, coz i feel it's not worth the hassle.

OK thanks Taxico- at last I'm being understood. Yeah this is what I thought would be the case. And Carteki- to clarify, one is not normally given the big search just because one has declared nothing. Although last Christmas the 3 hrs in queues when I'd declared nothing brought me close to a wee 'tanti' at the final stage of that queue.
sierra2469alpha wrote:Ozchick - sheesh! Protecting your home country means naught?!!! If it's just a delay in a queue, what's the issue? Again, you DON'T have to bring it in - it's a choice! Is the foodstuff THAT important?

Quarantine exists for a reason.

People that cheat it get what they deserve, IMHO
Mr. P

Oh NOW I get it! You and others thought that I would want to bring stuff in and not declare it. Nah nah...what I meant was IF I bring sosmething in - which I obviously then have to declare, how much queue grief can I expect compared to having NOTHING to declare? Does THAT make more sense? Taxico's answer seems about right. And by the way- "JUST a delay in a queue?! " Read my post- " Last December. Tullamarine.3 hours."
Put yourself there, are YOU happy?! No, I don't think so!" That's 3 hours on top of the 7 it took to get there. No explanations. No apologies. Sweet bugger all! Oh sweet sweet Changi Airport. Thank God for you! I luv ya! :)
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Mon, 01 Jun 2009 12:00 am

Quasimodo wrote:bigfilsing wrote:

Is that it ...honestly .....LOL

You might need to undersrtand a little bit of sarcasim ...just a tad.
Dont go on an expat forum and make a prick of yourself mate ...save that for likeminded people....... I'm accused of many things and in some cases quite rightly so but really buddy grow some balls and a sense of what this world is about or go back to the "playground" where the girls and boys really care about your talking about . What are you.....4
Have a great week ahead

Cheers

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 01 Jun 2009 12:25 am

Image :P

rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Postby rattlesnake » Mon, 01 Jun 2009 7:28 am

Ozchick wrote:
sierra2469alpha wrote:Ozchick - sheesh! Protecting your home country means naught?!!! If it's just a delay in a queue, what's the issue? Again, you DON'T have to bring it in - it's a choice! Is the foodstuff THAT important?

Quarantine exists for a reason.

People that cheat it get what they deserve, IMHO
Mr. P

Oh NOW I get it! You and others thought that I would want to bring stuff in and not declare it. Nah nah...what I meant was IF I bring sosmething in - which I obviously then have to declare, how much queue grief can I expect compared to having NOTHING to declare? Does THAT make more sense? Taxico's answer seems about right. And by the way- "JUST a delay in a queue?! " Read my post- " Last December. Tullamarine.3 hours."
Put yourself there, are YOU happy?! No, I don't think so!" That's 3 hours on top of the 7 it took to get there. No explanations. No apologies. Sweet bugger all! Oh sweet sweet Changi Airport. Thank God for you! I luv ya! :)

Sierra can I politely suggest you Read, rinse, repeat. READ. Then try to think and help people out for a change.

:P

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Mon, 01 Jun 2009 8:41 pm

bigfilsing wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:bigfilsing wrote:

Is that it ...honestly .....LOL

You might need to undersrtand a little bit of sarcasim ...

Nano nano earthling. Ifucnridthisursik.

Now, what were you trying to say, oh grown-up man? A bit excited and frothing at the mouth, are we?

I cn undrestbd alotof thngs btnutwotur saiygn

In case you meant 'sarcasm' . . . as Oscar Wilde mentioned, 'Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit', which would describe you to a 't', as in witless.

To wit (did you like the plurality of usage for the word?), your attempt at sounding all posh and superior went out the window with your 'LOL', it makes you, how can I put this without hurting your feelings, look like a teenage <insert>.

Y'all have a nice day now, y'hear

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pakjohn » Mon, 01 Jun 2009 8:55 pm

Y'all have a nice day now, y'hear

The proper southern term is "Y'all come back now, hear?"

The only reason I offer this correction is because it isn't likely someone would say it to you.

:cool:
Pakjohn