Singapore Expats

Tullamarine terror

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 6:40 pm

often wondered why they use an antebellum home on the label for Sudden Discomfort? Sorry, Southern Comfort. And dem Tenneessee hills and mountain spring waters are pretty good for Jack Black, which, not surprisingly, finds the distillery in a dry county.
I succumb to overwhelming evidence! lol!

But.. if you ever get to Georgia on your return to the U.S., you have to give me a shot at changing your mind. ;)
Pakjohn

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 7:09 pm

Well my thread sure has been on a 'walkabout'...mm...seems to be a few angry folk on here.....maybe they could take up boxing, or taikwando or......YOGA! HOMMMMMMMMM
HOMMMMMMMMM
HMMMMMMMMMM..................................... :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 8:14 pm

Well my thread sure has been on a 'walkabout'...mm...seems to be a few angry folk on here.....maybe they could take up boxing, or taikwando or......YOGA!
I got in on this and I'm not even an Aussie... lol!

hommmm, hommmmm, I think it's working. :)
Pakjohn

rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Post by rattlesnake » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 8:29 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:Crikey - and I thought us Aussies were bad with our stories from the "southern state" - well, territory!
Hey - it's Sierra, jeez, I didn't expect to see you on this thread again. :oops:

What sound did your foot make when it came out of your mouth. I thought it was stuck there for good :D

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:15 pm

Well rattlesnake if you think that highly of yourself, how about we ask everyone to click on your profile and see how many "helpful" postings you have done here on SinEx.

Oh, but then again, you're special.

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bigfilsing » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 1:41 am

sierra2469alpha wrote:Well rattlesnake if you think that highly of yourself, how about we ask everyone to click on your profile and see how many "helpful" postings you have done here on SinEx.

Oh, but then again, you're special.
The prosecution rests :???:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 7:21 am

I am no longer sure who is baiting who here? :???:

Maybe you two should just get a room?....... :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Post by rattlesnake » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 7:51 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I am no longer sure who is baiting who here? :???:

Maybe you two should just get a room?....... :P
You're right - it is a wind up ............. now. I got me a Sierrafish - with no bait on the hook. \:D/

There has to be more challenging fishing though - this was like those little magnet fish you see at a carnival - where every one corresponds to a rubbish prize. This for you now Sierra - :console: , I kind of wondered when that emoticon could be used.

Us getting a room? Do you mean a 2 men enter, 1 man leaves kind of room :boxing:

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 8:30 am

rattlesnake wrote:You're right - it is a wind up ............. now. I got me a Sierrafish - with no bait on the hook. \:D/

There has to be more challenging fishing though - this was like those little magnet fish you see at a carnival - where every one corresponds to a rubbish prize. This for you now Sierra - :console: , I kind of wondered when that emoticon could be used.
This thread is ridiculous :roll: I was ready to dismiss all the participants in this particular exchange as equally culpable. But this right here? ^^^

Insulting someone, then trying to patch it up in the same breath? Well, let's just say rattle snake is aptly named and should be avoided at all costs.

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 9:02 am

This thread is ridiculous :roll:
I wondered when the obligatory eye roll would show up. :lol:
Pakjohn

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 9:42 am

And I wondered if you'd ever apologize for being a bullying schmuck, guess not :roll:

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:35 am

And I wondered if you'd ever apologize for being a bullying schmuck, guess not

Bully? To be honest I was getting tired of the high level of negative comments in this forum. I appreciate everyone has an opinion, but sometimes people have to consider the OP's intent. I just said I had a good burger, you followed up by some really negative comments about the service, the prices, etc. (and of course the eye roll)

I decided it's not likely things would change so I decided to get a bit thicker skinned and reply in kind. Of course that wouldn't suit everyone, as many people can dish it out but they can't take it.

If you'll look back through my posts, I never joined the flamers and avoided personal indictments on others opinons. My tipping point was when even a burger recommendation drew your critical rolling eye and negative comments. Previously when I see you and a few others joing a thread I'd leave it, now I don't. In my other forums, newbies are afforded a lot of slack to be newbies, the old timers don't roll their eyes at people who ask "What do you sleep in at night?"

This is honest feedback, I think you offer quite a bit here and value most of your posts. I don't owe an apology for replying in kind to a negative reply to a simple post about a good burger.
Pakjohn

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 11:20 am

It seems you have assigned the eye roll emoticon as something solely negative, rather than one of puzzlement or misunderstanding. It is not always critical, in fact it rarely is ~ at least when I use it. I guess your thick skin doesn't allow for broader definitions or people to disagree with something without a total indictment, summed up nicely here:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Which is why I can debate and complain here and belong to the People's Association at the same time. One does not have to like everything about a place but one can complain AND also try to work to change things for the better where possible. Complaining does not mean dislike of something. It just means there is something that needs fixing to make it even better. Shame the locals and some of the expats on here don't realize that. :-|
I am puzzled (hence the eye roll) that someone would ask such a broad question and care for that matter, when it comes to something as personal as what you wear to bed (which of course, was not what she wanted to know):
anazir wrote:Hi,

I am moving out with my family, 2 babies aged 1 and 2, in September and I was wondering whether to bring duvets/quilts? Or do you just sleep with top sheets in Singapore?

Thank you

Ana
And yes, as a bully you took the opportunity to mock my post in that thread, not directly but indirectly, which is fine between friends but petty and small in this case. You're getting tired of the negativity? Try not dishing it out quite so much.
pakjohn wrote:I don't owe an apology for replying in kind to a negative reply to a simple post about a good burger.
Fair enough, if that is your interpretation and your conclusion, then I cannot change that and it would be foolish to try. I wouldn't want to tinker with your tipping point after all.

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 11:38 am

Fair enough, if that is your interpretation and your conclusion, then I cannot change that and it would be foolish to try. I wouldn't want to tinker with your tipping point after all.
I can accept that, thanks. You'll find I'll probably continue to react in kind as I have for the past few weeks. As the forum changes, I'll adapt.

I'm open to comment on the eye roll thing, it's always leaned towards disdain or soft ridicule to me. I admit to pestering you a bit about it, nothing personal meant, just banter. Usually this smiley :-k makes me think someone is puzzled over something. I'd welcome opinions.

You're right, the poster didn't ask what to wear to bed, but she did get that answer many times. Not a question many people would ask, but if you're trying to weigh what to bring and what to store, it might be good to know the norms for bedding here. There will always be newbies and they'll always ask newbie questions, I just think the eye roll is offputting to someone asking an innocent question.

Okay, back to the mantra....

hommmmmm, hommmmm, hommmmmm...... :lol:
Pakjohn

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:27 pm

road.not.taken wrote:And I wondered if you'd ever apologize for being a bullying schmuck, guess not :roll:
Glad I'm not the only one to think so, but at least pakjohn realises that he is, at times, a bully whereas bigfilsing just doesn't get it . . . at all.
One in the hand is worth two of something

Return to “General Discussions”