Singapore Expats Forum

how to understand the main idea of abstract painting

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

stevenchan

how to understand the main idea of abstract painting

Postby stevenchan » Fri, 22 May 2009 11:35 am

One time I shopping on Upper Serangoon Road. They sell art items for home decoration, jewelry, fashion accessories, abstract painting, ambiance lamp, earring, necklace, belt, bags etc. I think is good for souvenir, gift or present for our family or friends.
I really interest in one of abstract painting there. but I cannot understand the main idea of that abstract painting. Is one of you here a painting artist can help me to tell me, 'how to get their main idea on abstract painting?.....

Obvious advertising gambit removed by moderator.......
:roll:
Find your gift and souvenir here!!...

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: how to understand the main idea of abstract painting

Postby ksl » Fri, 22 May 2009 12:29 pm

stevenchan wrote:One time I shopping on Upper Serangoon Road. They sell art items for home decoration, jewelry, fashion accessories, abstract painting, ambiance lamp, earring, necklace, belt, bags etc. I think is good for souvenir, gift or present for our family or friends.
I really interest in one of abstract painting there. but I cannot understand the main idea of that abstract painting. Is one of you here a painting artist can help me to tell me, 'how to get their main idea on abstract painting?.....

Obvious advertising gambit removed by moderator.......
:roll:

Abstract painting maybe quite difficult to understand, if you are not capable of creative thinking, it's the expression of your own theories, and concepts that you are expressing, some people can actually believe they can tune in to the same thought process, that goes into the painting, however most individuals are far from right, but the fact that the pictures serve a purpose of demand, show's that their are many creative people around, that feel a sense of inspiration and meaning from abstract paintings. It's a kind of love hate relationship, because there are many paintings that say nothing, but even space has a meaning :lol: That maybe my own opinion only, because that's how i see it!

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Postby ScoobyDoes » Fri, 22 May 2009 2:00 pm

I always get the idea that an abstract piece of art is different things to different people.......and who really cares what the artist was trying to say.

stevenchan

Postby stevenchan » Fri, 22 May 2009 3:51 pm

yes, I bought one piece that look very nice on my side, but my wife said that painting are not have not any meaning, how can I explain to her.
Because I will put on my living room then.

Obvious advertising gambit removed again. One more time and your account will be locked. - moderator
Find your gift and souvenir here!!...