Singapore Expats Forum

Good place to buy wine..

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
jdaniel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun, 14 Nov 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Good place to buy wine..

Postby jdaniel » Thu, 21 May 2009 5:12 pm

See problem is I come from Ontario Canada , where there in only one chain of government approved liquor/wine store. So prices are all the same, do not have to shop around.

This being Singapore there are quite a few, as as with anything here if you do not do you homework you might as well take off your pants and bend over.. so where is a good and cheap place to get wine...

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 May 2009 5:31 pm

No such thing here. Plonk will set you back around $17/bottle. Decent wines, well............. Let Mr. P give you the goods as I don't buy nor drink the stuff.

User avatar
sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1381
Joined: Tue, 27 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore (Finally!)

Postby sierra2469alpha » Thu, 21 May 2009 6:18 pm

Thanks SMS :)

jdaniel - this has been discussed very recently. For your reference, you might want to read this thread where a number of us have contributed:

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic60054.html&highlight=

Aside from that, you'll find the search function on the board useful. That's the search field on the right hand side up above where you are reading this (not to be confused with your browser's search field)!

In general, if you are prepared to buy in mixed dozens, that will be the "cheapest" option here. Also look out for weekly specials at the major "ex-patty" supermarkets like CarreFour and ColdStorage - often some quaffers are on special.

If you entertain a lot like Ms. C and I do, or have certain friends from this board who will remain nameless to protect their wine-drinking abilities to destroy our stash of plonk in one sitting (and yes, you ALL know who you are!!) you will have to adjust your household budget accordingly.

Given the recent interest in wine in the Asian markets, a few entrepreneurs are starting up here, so keep your eyes peeled on the forum as some of them have expressed their intentions here.

HTH, and welcome to Singapore.

Mr. P

PS. Please don't drink and drive.

blodbecks
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009

Re: Good place to buy wine..

Postby blodbecks » Fri, 22 May 2009 11:23 am

jdaniel wrote:See problem is I come from Ontario Canada , where there in only one chain of government approved liquor/wine store. So prices are all the same, do not have to shop around.

This being Singapore there are quite a few, as as with anything here if you do not do you homework you might as well take off your pants and bend over.. so where is a good and cheap place to get wine...


hi, drop me a mail, i can share a good place to get cheap and good wines

bloodbecks@gmail.com

Cheers

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Re: Good place to buy wine..

Postby jpatokal » Fri, 22 May 2009 11:50 am

blodbecks wrote:hi, drop me a mail, i can share a good place to get cheap and good wines bloodbecks@gmail.com

Please share your good places on the forum, or you'll sound like a spammer...
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

blodbecks
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009

Re: Good place to buy wine..

Postby blodbecks » Fri, 22 May 2009 5:31 pm

jpatokal wrote:
blodbecks wrote:hi, drop me a mail, i can share a good place to get cheap and good wines bloodbecks@gmail.com

Please share your good places on the forum, or you'll sound like a spammer...


I am not a spammer, i get wines from my buddy who import wines and he gives me good rates, he do not own a outlet. Thats is why i rather communicate in mails. My post will be taken off i guess.

jdaniel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun, 14 Nov 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Postby jdaniel » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 7:59 pm

THANKS guys


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests