Singapore Expats Forum

Social Visit Pass American

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
HNL2SIN

Social Visit Pass American

Postby HNL2SIN » Thu, 21 May 2009 11:56 am

I have searched the internet and this site and am having trouble finding out how many days the "Social Visit Pass" is good for someone from the USA. I have seen both 30 Days & 90 Days. The old stamp in my Passport is smudged and I can not read it :?

Thanks if anyone has a link or anything :D

akhild
Regular
Regular

Postby akhild » Thu, 21 May 2009 12:05 pm

cud be either. dun know what policy\criteria they use.
u can renew it online anyway..

Strong Eagle

Re: Social Visit Pass American

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 21 May 2009 1:14 pm

HNL2SIN wrote:I have searched the internet and this site and am having trouble finding out how many days the "Social Visit Pass" is good for someone from the USA. I have seen both 30 Days & 90 Days. The old stamp in my Passport is smudged and I can not read it :?

You'll almost certainly get 90 days as an American but the ICA reserves the right to determine your permitted length of stay at the time you go through immigration. And, you can probably get it extended so long as you are capable of showing you can support yourself with the money you have (no workee).

HNL2SIN

Postby HNL2SIN » Thu, 21 May 2009 3:02 pm

Thanks all for the feed back!!!!

much appreciated!

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Social Visit Pass American

Postby littlegreenman » Thu, 21 May 2009 3:19 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
HNL2SIN wrote:I have searched the internet and this site and am having trouble finding out how many days the "Social Visit Pass" is good for someone from the USA. I have seen both 30 Days & 90 Days. The old stamp in my Passport is smudged and I can not read it :?

You'll almost certainly get 90 days as an American but the ICA reserves the right to determine your permitted length of stay at the time you go through immigration. And, you can probably get it extended so long as you are capable of showing you can support yourself with the money you have (no workee).

If I am not totally mistaken you can even extend your stay online through the ICA web page without actually heading down to Lavendar.