Singapore Expats Forum

Dating situation for caucasian European males in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Girl_Next_Door » Mon, 25 May 2009 3:18 pm

[quote="jpatokalSo you're willing to lose $5000/mo just to have the opportunity to date Asian chicks? :o

[/quote]

I agree with jpatokal. If you are coming to Asia at such a big pay cut, just to date Asian chicks, then its a bad move or decision.

Plus, with that salary, after taking into account rental and personal expenses, you might not have a lot of money to do a lot traveling, and experience the different asian culture.

If your company is sending you over, with better career prospect, and better money, then its a wise decision.

At the end of the day, you might end up with no one, and lost out in your career move.

Think really carefully before you make any reckless decision...

cattidudette

Postby cattidudette » Mon, 25 May 2009 5:03 pm

Second that. Dont waste time (and money in this matter) just to take a chance dating Asian girl. If you are looking for the typical traditional woman, all the more Singapore is not the right place. I reckon you should think twice the main reason why you want to work in Singapore given a pay cut because as mentioned, with all the expenses, you might not see as much of Asia anyway.

But, do what you want to. It's not entirely impossible to find a nice girl here but you just have to be careful with some Asia women, from brass to gold diggers, haha.

Dr_H

hillarious!!

Postby Dr_H » Mon, 25 May 2009 7:09 pm

A wife, a mistress, a girlfriend and a quick lay are very different beasts ..
Take a 50,000 feet fly-over view of women in our lives (in a romantic/sexual sense) buddy

Wife -- chosen for her loyalty, emotional stability, mental maturity, kindness, decent looks, similiar background and social standing .. In return to her taking good care of you and providing a congenial home atmosphere for you and your kids, you should invest in her well being and not abandon the kids. As you get older, Once in a while you could take her for a dinner and once in a while you might sleep with her. She might have affairs with younger men as the years go by, but it is good not to probe too deep .. A good wife understands all this .. she might divorce you, but hey you are too wealthy and powerful at this point we would assume ..and think of the freak kids ...this is abt 20 years ahead of marriage .. or so.

An exotic attractive chick that opened her legs for you just because you were a tall exotic guy is exactly the kind of women that you do not want to be your wife ..singapore or hongkong ... easy come, easy go
---------------------------------------
A girlfriend -- a slightly deeper emotional connection and could turn into your wife if you divorce etc. Yes you sleep with her more than you do with your wife, but you share a deeper connection that you do with the mistress .. however you are not bound to her like you are to your wife ... She is usually younger .. about the same age as your wife .. it is good to tacitly let her believe that she has a chance at becoming the wife .. It is unwise to have a married woman as your gf ..this is the woman you have conversations with ..

the word gf as you young guys understand is a different concept .. this is usually the girl tagging you along as she makes up her mind about her future husband .. she has all the power really buddy, she can dump you if another hyena passes by ... Try not to get overly involved ..(never more involved than the girl herself) .. always date a few other girls on the side and be actively deciding who to propose to... Your only purpose of dating should be to judge suitability for marriage. get out fast if you decide otherwise...this is the point where most guys mortgage their testicoli and never manage to quite get it back!!!! If it is too good to be true, you are likely the sucker .....
--------------------------------------------
Mistress - chosen for her looks and prowess in bed, youthful, energetic, will not compromise your life etc .a purely physical escape feuled by your excess cash .. You buy her an apartment, take her to good dinners, let her be a arm piece at a bud's poker game or at your vacation to the maldives .. say ..The rules are very clear.. In exchange for all the fun she gives you, you will please her with the money .. end of story
----------------------------------------------------
A quick lay -- well, this could be a ONS at a bar or a paid worker at your Phuket visit .. no strings attached at all .. and all the costs are upfront .
------------------------------------------------
Now that we thoroughly understand the types of women in our lives that we sleep with .. It should be apparent to you that it is a much better idea for you to ..

--- A wife will very likely be a woman with similar background, she may not be uber-attractive, but she will be in your own backyard .. she may not be perfect, but what is important is her psychology and her attitudes not her looks! (SEE ABOVE). True love and all that mush mush is woman talk, you being a man should think practical and leave the fairy tales to women and the clueless men among us.... get a wife that is as similiar to you in as many respects as you can think of (statistically, these pairings hold out the longest), too above or too below your level will not work long term .. IT IS ENOUGH HEADACHE LIVING LIFE AS IT IS , GET A WIFE THAT WILL NOT ADD TO THE WOES.....Be nice and respectful to your wife, do not take unwarranted crap or disrespect from her (if you chose right, this will not happen that much). Don't tell her that you are cheating. If you need variety, do it discreetly, do hang out with your wife once in a while.

------ make as much money and a solid career as you can when you are young. divorces and break-ups are expensive errors that will set you back in your quest for building a solid career and wealth base for yourself, A solid base will let you enjoy many hot mistresses and girlfriends as you age..

BUDDY, SEPARATE YOUR REAL LIFE FROM YOUR FANTASY LIFE AND DREAMS .. THINK LONG TERM ..NOW GET OUT THERE AND BE A MAN
...he has no ambition and no energy. He will not even go out of his way to verify his own solutions, and would rather be considered wrong than take the trouble to prove himself right........

Dounut
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dounut » Mon, 25 May 2009 10:57 pm

A very interesting discussion indeed over here. :lol:

You might be disappointed if you are here to look for a Singapore "girl", for one main reason that, gals here are much more westernized than their Asian counterparts.

On the other hand, the plus point is that, besides Singapore gals, there are plenty of other Asian gals to choose from, from Malaysia to Thailand, Philipines, Vietnam, Cambodia & China esp, etc . . :cool:

ducatiguy

Postby ducatiguy » Thu, 28 May 2009 3:36 pm

Wow - this is a great thread. I just moved here from Hong Kong, and I have found that meeting people - girl friends or friends - is much more challenging than HK. There does not seem to be the type of place where people just hang out and talk, where chance meetings occur. The boat quay after work isn't really a "mingling" kind of place, and the clubs in clark quay are quite loud - tough to make friends.

In HK, we would walk up to the Soho area, and it was easy to meet people that were several years out of university - working, single, in a new city looking for friends. I haven't quite figured out how to do that here?

As for the original subject, I must admit that I am skeptical of anyone that wants to move to a new part of the world just to date different girls - not to sound judgemental. :wink: I do believe, based on living in Asia for quite a while, that Westerners often have preconceived ideas about "Asian women" - whatever that means - that are pretty far removed from reality.

Appreciate your views - thanks
thanks!

Dounut
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dounut » Mon, 01 Jun 2009 1:38 pm

ducatiguy I do agree with you. Places here are either to loud to mingle, or too quiet that it's for couples.

Sad to say, somehow Singles on this island is often being sidelined or discriminated.

On the other hand, I did notice that there are still some nice spots to mingle during weekday evenings, even around my work place where I jog around. :wink:

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:03 am

so how do you mingle?? im kind of shy mingling

vincher82

Postby vincher82 » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 5:35 pm

interesting topic..... :twisted:

Well firstly, you need to find yourself a stable a job here.

then you alk about love....

No money no talk... everywhere is the same... :???: :shock:
Thank God I am born a woman....
If not I would have nothing to play when I am a kid....

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 5:49 pm

vincher82 wrote:interesting topic..... :twisted:

Well firstly, you need to find yourself a stable a job here.

then you alk about love....

No money no talk... everywhere is the same... :???: :shock:

Singaporean for sure. :roll:

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 6:11 pm

A successful husband, is the one who can earn more than his local wife can spend. A successful local wife, is the one who can find such a husband. :lol:

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 12:32 am

to the thread starter.. i think in the aspect of dating..if you do get a much lower salary then it will be your advantage.The ones you will find will surely care and not just for the money .

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 12:34 am

love does not equal money lol just to point out...there are families in the Philippines who are still together even if they only have rice and salt for meals..

you might also wanna consider the outlook. I guess theres a different outlook in life for Singaporeans, Filipinos, Indonesians, Malays...

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 11:11 am

morenangpinay wrote:to the thread starter.. i think in the aspect of dating..if you do get a much lower salary then it will be your advantage.The ones you will find will surely care and not just for the money .

One of my relatives used to live out the back of a pickup truck mending fences on ranches in Austrailia, he met and married a woman there, years later he returned to the UK, and she was stunned by his family home, helicopters on the lawn, yachts etc. So at least we all said thats one thing for sure she didn't marry him for the money. In fact she hated the whole material thing in the UK and they returned back to Austrailia for the more simple life. Good for her.

Dr_H

Postby Dr_H » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 11:25 am

morenangpinay wrote:love does not equal money lol just to point out...there are families in the Philippines who are still together even if they only have rice and salt for meals..

you might also wanna consider the outlook. I guess theres a different outlook in life for Singaporeans, Filipinos, Indonesians, Malays...

Oh really? Woman, aren't your glasses a little too rosy? .. If you are for real though, perhaps we should get to know each other. As far as i know women and men are very much the same across the world .. be it asia or america or europe .. but maybe i am wrong and a wee bit cycnical? Maybe you are the exception that will prove the rule? Consider me ..

>>> I do not make much money at all (<10k>>> I am below average looking (not tall (5', 9") skinny guy with absolutely no dress sense 29 yr old),
>>> In terms of personality, I am certainly not intelligent or smooth or cool. I am not good at small talk or building rapport or any of that stuff. I am not very empathetic ... and generally do not like to listen to anybody's personal problems. I am quite shallow and will rarely talk to a woman if i do not find her attractive.

These are all i can think of right now, will you still consider going out with me? (not to be read literally, this is a rhetorical question). Also will you do this by choice as opposed to this being your best option. Damn, i am so cynical :-)
Last edited by Dr_H on Thu, 04 Jun 2009 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
...he has no ambition and no energy. He will not even go out of his way to verify his own solutions, and would rather be considered wrong than take the trouble to prove himself right........

Dr_H

Postby Dr_H » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 11:28 am

QRM wrote:
morenangpinay wrote:to the thread starter.. i think in the aspect of dating..if you do get a much lower salary then it will be your advantage.The ones you will find will surely care and not just for the money .

One of my relatives used to live out the back of a pickup truck mending fences on ranches in Austrailia, he met and married a woman there, years later he returned to the UK, and she was stunned by his family home, helicopters on the lawn, yachts etc. So at least we all said thats one thing for sure she didn't marry him for the money. In fact she hated the whole material thing in the UK and they returned back to Austrailia for the more simple life. Good for her.

Pardon the cynical me .. but sir, lots of very wealthy folks live a very simple life, do not dress uber classy, do not need to show off, but if you hang with one of them there is a big psychological difference .. they are usually so relaxed that after a while you notice that something is different ...