Singapore Expats Forum

Dating situation for caucasian European males in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Thu, 30 Jan 2014 9:48 am

The best place to pickup women is public library. ;)

If you jog, you only see their asses, that's the end of experience. :oops:

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 9:29 am

Sergei82 wrote:The best place to pickup women is public library. ;)

Public library? Seriously?

Woman in thick glasses and iPod reading Journal of Medical Entomology intently, scribbles some serious notes in her notebook, with stacks of morphology key, tropical medicine and medical handbooks on her side.

A man shuffles to an empty seat next to her and says, "Hey babe, what you reading?"

Best way to ruin any reader's pace.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 9:54 am

As usual, a real gem first thing in the morning! :P

Primrose Hill
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Primrose Hill » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 10:45 am

Classic

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fortan » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 10:59 am

starman6 wrote:OK Clue me. As you read this post no doubt you will know I need an education in meeting women in Singapore.
:o Total lost and about to give up. A little info for you all so you can perhaps give some good advice.
1. Been here 3 years now.
2. Good looking older guy, professional, good income, nice guy all round Im told. 3. Tired of looking for places to go. Ill be up front here, am I not finding the right places ?
:mad: After 3 years of living in Singapore Iv not dated much except the internet. Keep reading forums on so called "Pick up Bars" or nice places to meet attractive professional women. All of which mean different things in Singapore. Lets see. " Just from my experience".
Singapore Chinese, Asian women in General seem to stay home, don't go out much, Never see them in Bars looking for a man and the Bars are full of men. Seems like every bar i go to the men out number the women 20-1 Especially down town where a lot of professional men hang out after work. I get a lot of attention from Hookers who follow me around but not the kind of attention I am looking for. Iv tried night clubs, Clark Quey, and other places , Again seems like every girl I approach is working the bar for money and a quick romp.
So good professional Asian girls stay home. Expat girls complain that Expat men have yellow fever and arn't interested in them, Expat men are a dime a dozen , ( Just go down to Boat Quey after working hours) , tried Club street, and Duxton Hill, great places went dressed to impress, few if any Asian girls , lots of Expat men and women but in general with friends or on dates of there own, a single guy can't just butt in and say " Hey mind if I have a drink with your friends !" " Thats just creepy" . Looked at a lot of Forums for "so called" Pick up places. In my day this meant something else, ( like a nice place to meet an attractive women to get to know and date) In Singapore, What do i read ?. BQ they say its a great place to met single attractive expat and local women. " Rubbish" Stayed for 4 hours one Friday night all I saw was expat men and 2-3 girls with them and that was it. Also recommended was the collection of many bars in Boat Quey . Again. lots of beautiful people, to many guys, some party girls and hookers and mostly far to young for me and in any case you couldn't hold a conversation because the music is to loud and crap to hear anyone. How can anyone get to know anyone in a place like this. So I find myself sitting out side at an Irish pub near the fountain with a Beer watching the hookers once again trying there luck with me. Desperate for a real date in Singapore . Can anyone PLEASE recommend some nice places like wine bars and places to meet nice people and conversation in Singapore. PLEASE>>> Come on Girls , Ill go out with you in a heart beat if I only knew where to find you.

Have you tried LinkedIn? Search for the professional level you want to reach. Go through the profiles until your eyes meets something interesting and add the person and set up a business related meeting....

...... not sure whether that would work but just an idea I got :P :D

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 11:51 am

Has anybody ever dated anyone from LinkedIn???????? :o

pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pisceangirl » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 3:20 pm

Sergei82 wrote:The best place to pickup women is public library. ;)

Reminded me of this quote I came across on the Internet:

"You know how people buy drinks for girls in bars? Why can't people do that in book stores? like if I'm looking at a novel in Barnes and Noble and some person walks up to me and strikes up a conversation and offers to buy the book for me there is a lot better chance of that working out in their favor. I'm Going to reblog this until it's a cultural norm."

And that Linked In suggestion is quite outrageous IMO! Like receiving a message from some guy that says " Hi, I came across your profile while browsing the site. Your skills in the financial services space and your educational qualifications are a total turn on. Yes to coffee one of the days?"
:shock: :shock: :shock:

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 3:22 pm

pisceangirl wrote:"You know how people buy drinks for girls in bars? Why can't people do that in book stores? like if I'm looking at a novel in Barnes and Noble and some person walks up to me and strikes up a conversation and offers to buy the book for me there is a lot better chance of that working out in their favor. I'm Going to reblog this until it's a cultural norm."

Because books don't get you drunk and naked at the end of the night?

pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pisceangirl » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 3:23 pm

the lynx wrote:
pisceangirl wrote:"You know how people buy drinks for girls in bars? Why can't people do that in book stores? like if I'm looking at a novel in Barnes and Noble and some person walks up to me and strikes up a conversation and offers to buy the book for me there is a lot better chance of that working out in their favor. I'm Going to reblog this until it's a cultural norm."

Don't know about the drunk bit but I read someplace that Intelligence is the best aphrodisiac :wink:

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 3:25 pm

pisceangirl wrote:Hi, I came across your profile while browsing the site. Your skills ...
look very interesting to me. How much per night? (I'm employing you)

pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pisceangirl » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 3:31 pm

Sergei82 wrote:
pisceangirl wrote:Hi, I came across your profile while browsing the site. Your skills ...
look very interesting to me. How much per night? (I'm employing you)

Why thanks. Night is good cause I'm busy trying to earn a living during the day. I will charge a flat Retainer fee of 300 SGD per month and 50 SGD per Profile message I draft. In keeping with the times I expect a Performance based Incentive of 25 SGD for every positive response you receive. (Post this my job's done and the rest depends on your performance :P)

Let me know when you want me to start "Boss" :P

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 3:58 pm

Start with sending me your contact number and a recent full body photo. ;)
Don't forget to tell me your height, weight, age and marital status. :?

pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pisceangirl » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 4:06 pm

Sergei82 wrote:Start with sending me your contact number and a recent full body photo. ;)
Don't forget to tell me your height, weight, age and marital status. :?

Demands made not in line with Job Description initially shared. Hence Offer Rejected :P

HA
Regular
Regular

Postby HA » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 5:25 pm

It's threads like these that make my once a week visit to SGExpats forum a very pleasant experience indeed.

Keep it up guys, but seriously, LinkedIn? The head of LinkedIn APAC is an acquaintance, am not sure whether he'll lvoe or hate to hear this.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 7:22 pm

pisceangirl wrote:
the lynx wrote:

Don't know about the drunk bit but I read someplace that Intelligence is the best aphrodisiac :wink:

This forum must be a major turn off to most people then. :)