Singapore Expats Forum

Dating situation for caucasian European males in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 8:24 pm

This thread is like a bad penny.

mspiggie

Postby mspiggie » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 8:30 pm

Why do you say so?

ex-pat
Regular
Regular

Postby ex-pat » Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:16 pm

This thread been stalled for a while...I guess cartsen_54 found his Asian date...or didnt make it in SG. Asian girl/gold diggers must have scare the hell out of him. Money no enough, dont come to SG.

2487chica

Postby 2487chica » Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:27 pm

Oh.
Last edited by 2487chica on Wed, 16 Nov 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ex-pat
Regular
Regular

Postby ex-pat » Sat, 19 Mar 2011 8:08 pm

2487chica wrote:Hahahahahaha..... Come on what's the big deal? I like Europeans too! :) But honestly, it's a challenge. In Singapore, where do you meet sincere, nice Europeans? It's not that because they have a lot of money and I want to start talking to them because of that, or that they are super good looking. No, it's first of all, the personality, second the background, third if we can hold a conversation, fourth if you can see yourself with that person in life. But of course, you can't deny initial physical attraction. Anyways, I've met some nice guys, and some who just present themselves with their dicks on their shoulders.

I agree with you, me myself meet guys with European descent. They not only good looking but one thing i admire about them is they treat you well during dates. Well, maybe their ability to treat you with nice meal and drinks adds to their charm. Although other western like Uncle Sams relatives, kiwis and aussies are great too. My ex was a kiwi and he treated me well, he was so sweet and generous but one thing i noticed about him, he is too friendly with other girls esp Asian. My only bad experience with him is when we go to bar for a drink , girls swarm him like a sweet honey. Which I know he enjoyed all the attention, but not me of course. Thats the problem with ang moh bf you cant have him just for yourself.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Sat, 19 Mar 2011 11:55 pm

The last two posts are the biggest pile of crap I've heard in a long-time. You have this pre-conceived, convoluted, naive and mis-informed bunch of ideas about all foreigners and think, because you have met or been with a handful of men, that you are able to judge and that everyone fits into a neat little category.

Asia is no different to Europe, the U.S, Australia......wherever. There are assholes everywhere who will treat women badly. There are good looking guys, there are less good looking guys, there are wealthy guys who are arrogant, there are less wealthy guys who are just as arrogant. But believe it or not, there are plenty of nice guys with normal jobs who go to normal places and do normal things.

Ask yourself one question - in Singapore - a Country with a population size similar to most European cities, are you being completely candid about your failure to attract local guys or really being selective with your views here in that dating a European or foreigner ticks some other boxes?

You are both shallow and inconsistent. If personality is that important don't make a reference to physical attraction. If you find European men attractive its likely others will too, and if girls are approaching him then thats not the issue. If he is encouraging them, then ask yourself the question - is he the type of guy you want to be with and is your judgement clouded by the material lifestyle he gives you?

Don't categorise people and make sweeping statements. I'm sure there are plenty of Europeans, or foreigners for that matter, who take exception to what both of you have said. Not all foreigners are bar frequenting, dick flashing, cash flashing, arrogant 'Ang Moh's' who lap up the attention that any bit of Asian skirt gives us. Some of us are settled, have a career, have partners or wives and families, and couldn't care less about the humourless, laugh at anything, materialistic, plastic airheads walking round Singapore in an excuse for a skirt, with eyes working like homing beacons on any foreigners and brains working like cash registers once they find one.

evannicole88
Regular
Regular

Postby evannicole88 » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 12:27 am

Hmmm.. Somehow I would like to find a Caucasian bf>< lol! But somehow they're hard to come by><

2487chica

Postby 2487chica » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 12:32 am

Gee. Who is being the judge now...

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 2:35 am

2487chica wrote:Gee. Who is being the judge now...

Not nice to be judged is it........or expressing a view toward a small percentage of the people and making a generalisation!

Anyway, I think we've bickered enough for the last two nights. I wish you a good night and happy weekend! :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:17 am

I've stayed out of it, but frankly I have to agree with BillyB. And I've probably been here longer than you have. In fact, I've probably been an adult here longer than you have been alive or darn close to it. Find yourself a nice docile local man who you can make carry your purse, while you have to listen to him gripe about having to do NS while the girls don't. I can see your point why you don't want the stereotypical local man, but your method of selection is terrible.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:54 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

I've stayed out of it, but frankly I have to agree with BillyB. And I've probably been here longer than you have. In fact, I've probably been an adult here longer than you have been alive or darn close to it. Find yourself a nice docile local man who you can make carry your purse, while you have to listen to him gripe about having to do NS while the girls don't. I can see your point why you don't want the stereotypical local man, but your method of selection is terrible.

You've been an adult longer than a lot of these European male-wanting locals have been adults... :roll:

I've met these stereotypical locals: too materialistic and shallow. They're ok for flirting during a party and just utterly worthless when engaged in a conversation. They're too preoccupied with make-up, shopping, eating out and finding a way to snag a rich--and preferably European-descended--husband.

Now, before y'all get your panties in a bunch, there are also those who are intelligent and witty but there aren't just enough of them. The airheads simply outnumber them.

mchan308

Postby mchan308 » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:06 am

wah.. found a interesting thread here!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:33 am

It's been around for a couple years already! As I said in my post at the top of the page, it's like a bad penny. It's keeps showing up again. Somebody will come across it and cannot resist making a post so then it gets new legs for a page or two. :wink:

2487chica

Postby 2487chica » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:57 am

Haha. I'm not bickering, dude. Just commenting. Seriously, I don't even know how someone can fully get in my mind with just reading a few lines. Assumption, much?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 12:16 pm

That's the problem with forums isn't it. We have to rely on only the drivel that a poster makes. With limited information, we can only process what is written. Hence the comments. Want better feedback? Write better posts. Easy.