Singapore Expats Forum

Dating situation for caucasian European males in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:54 pm

reflction wrote:if you have something you want to get off your chest JR8, be my guest. im not sure whether to be offended that you think im some kind of poser who has some "familiar" posting style becuase to be honest, i don't see many ways in which to be "unique" with regards to adding a post or reply. or that you think im someone else who should "clear off" just for stating agreeance with Wind in My Hair's comments.

I didn't suggest that you should "clear off", what gave you that impression? I don't know whether I should be offended now :P :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 12:50 am

reflction wrote:What does that make us WindInMyHair?

Wonderfully unique beautiful individuals!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:39 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:

Some of us here have known that for a long time! :wink:

reflction

Postby reflction » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 12:07 pm

I am amazed by the shelf life of this thread... and some of the answers. I believe I have stumbled on to something here.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 12:58 pm

reflction wrote:I am amazed by the shelf life of this thread... and some of the answers. I believe I have stumbled on to something here.

Reflction, you want a thread with shelf life or legs, this is probably our most famous as it's been resurrected periodically since it's inception in August 2003! It's been dormant this time for a little over a year. Maybe it's time to resurrect it again! :cool:

ftopic118.html

reflction

Postby reflction » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 1:28 pm

well, let's find someone else that wants to move here to date Asian women then *LOLs :D

or perhaps this time it should should be a lady that wants to date nice Asian guys..? :P

does anybody wonder what ever happened to that kid? i recall reading somewhere that he decided to stay put, but do u think maybe he found another asian country with asian girls to date? :-k

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 7:33 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:

Some of us here have known that for a long time! :wink:

Aw, and some of us know who's the only reason I stay on this board. :kiss:

Muslima70
Regular
Regular

Re: Dating situation for caucasian European males in Singapo

Postby Muslima70 » Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:31 am

carsten_54 wrote:I am considering moving to Singapore because it's been a dream of mine to explore Asia and I find Asian women highly attractive. What are the odds of me finding a girlfriend if I move there? I am well educated, tall, have an athletic build and a nice and caring personality. Do Singaporean girls like Europeans? I am basically an atheist, is that a problem? In general, what do marriage-minded Singaporean women look for in a man? Is internet dating something you can recommend is it just a waste of time? If so, what's the best way to find a high quality Singaporean woman? A big thank you to anyone who contribute to this thread!

I just want to say if you are looking for a life partner, try choosing some based on their character and interests. If you end a good girl/woman, and that person makes you happy, good for you. I think by then, the person's race will not be an issue for you.

And just to share not all women are gold diggers..a lot depends on their character and upbringing and their own personal choices. Having said that if you go "fishing" using diamonds as bait, you will catch fish that love to eat diamonds. Meaning that if you use money to attract a woman, you only get a person who is interested in your wealth.

If you are patient and make the effort to look for someone who is down-to-earth and NOT greedy, I think you will find such girls. Believe me I know, cos I have friends who are not married and look great...they are not waiting for a rich guy, they want just nice guy...but it just God's will that they have not found sometone yet. Also "nice girls" may not always hang out in bars or nightclubs..They may be busy working and helping their family..and doing charity work in their spare time. Like me and my friends. ^_^

Ok sorry for the long advice. whether you stay in your country or go overseas, what matters most is the "criteria" you have when searching for a good partner. If you choose unwisely you end being unhappy, but you choose well, you and your girl will be an asset and comfort to each other thru' good and bad times.

PS: I am a local Singapore girl.
Salam(peace be with you)

AmadeusCho

Re: Dating situation for caucasian European males in Singapo

Postby AmadeusCho » Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:32 pm

[quote="And just to share not all women are gold diggers..

PS: I am a local Singapore girl.[/quote]

I think the real issue in Singapore is not the Gold digging, but the Racial digging.

Race is a big issue still.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 31 Dec 2010 1:52 am

Apologies for being thick, but can you explain what 'racial digging' is? :???:

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Fri, 31 Dec 2010 9:32 am

JR8 wrote:Apologies for being thick, but can you explain what 'racial digging' is? :???:

Preference for white people? :???:

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Fri, 31 Dec 2010 10:04 am

JR8 wrote:Apologies for being thick, but can you explain what 'racial digging' is? :???:

Hey JR8 cool nana split avatar, I just bought the DVD of the series for my kid, she thought it was crap. Have to admit watching it again I think she is right. Back to the topic...

AmadeusCho

Postby AmadeusCho » Fri, 31 Dec 2010 4:42 pm

Apology accepted :)

Yep, as the previous poster said- preference for white people.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 31 Dec 2010 6:31 pm

QRM wrote:

Hey JR8 cool nana split avatar, I just bought the DVD of the series for my kid, she thought it was crap. Have to admit watching it again I think she is right. Back to the topic...

Hehe... I thought it reflective of the kind of crowd you often run with on internet forums :)

p.s. The show used to run as an intermission in the middle of The Monkees back when I was a wee nipper. I recently watched an episode on YouTube and it is surprisingly frenzied and psychedelic.

mspiggie

Postby mspiggie » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 6:49 pm

This is one very interesting thread.

I was considering moving overseas (to US or Europe) in the hope to find a boyfriend... Somehow I find it difficult to find a guy here that I'm interested in (and the fact that most "good" guys here are taken or playing for the other team), so I thought maybe I should try my luck somewhere else.
The insights given in this thread have been very helpful in giving me other points of view, that one should consider a lot of factors before making such decision.

Back to the thinking board... ](*,)