Singapore Expats

Dating situation for caucasian European males in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
mzzy

Re: Dating situation for caucasian European males in Singapo

Post by mzzy » Sun, 05 Dec 2010 2:20 pm

carsten_54 wrote:I am considering moving to Singapore because it's been a dream of mine to explore Asia and I find Asian women highly attractive. What are the odds of me finding a girlfriend if I move there? I am well educated, tall, have an athletic build and a nice and caring personality. Do Singaporean girls like Europeans? I am basically an atheist, is that a problem? In general, what do marriage-minded Singaporean women look for in a man? Is internet dating something you can recommend is it just a waste of time? If so, what's the best way to find a high quality Singaporean woman? A big thank you to anyone who contribute to this thread!

carsten54 - are u already in singapore right now?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Dec 2010 3:35 pm

You do realize he made his last post here 18 months ago don't you? Wonder what the odds are he's still reading this site? :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ex-pat
Regular
Regular

Post by ex-pat » Sun, 05 Dec 2010 10:17 pm

carsten_54 wrote: I did some research I think I can expect to make about $3000-$4000 (Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with 5 years experience).
I prefer a guy who earn between 20 to 40 k a month....i wont settle for someone who earns bet 3 k to 5 k...

Cmon Cartsen 54 go and find a girl first before you start worrying about how you deal with all the shits...... :lol:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Dec 2010 11:24 pm

That's probably why you are still looking as well. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 06 Dec 2010 4:00 am

Fascinating thread!

Makes me realise how damned lucky I am. (Or maybe having a few million in the bank means your SGn wife can afford to play the casual long game lol! ) :?

My view would be that like new economies with new wealth, the people go to great lengths to display that they 'have arrived'. If this means a prata man almost prostituting himself at nights to buy a 20 year old Mercedes, well, they will probably do it. Publicly showing and demonstrating that you are apparently successful is incredibly important. As shallow as it is to more mature eyes.

I found SG women come on a few levels. One just vacuous, only shop eat and speak like Ris Low. Two, usually law grads from overseas uni's.... very assertive and aggressive... kinda be what they think they are meant to be (often lesbians, and own several cats). Three. Imports from China to get the population up ah

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Dec 2010 6:53 am

JR8 wrote: I found SG women come on a few levels. One just vacuous, only shop eat and speak like Ris Low. Two, usually law grads from overseas uni's.... very assertive and aggressive... kinda be what they think they are meant to be (often lesbians, and own several cats). Three. Imports from China to get the population up ah
Image :o :lol:

bentonfraser_4ever

Post by bentonfraser_4ever » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 4:10 am

JR8 wrote:Fascinating thread!

Makes me realise how damned lucky I am. (Or maybe having a few million in the bank means your SGn wife can afford to play the casual long game lol! ) :?

My view would be that like new economies with new wealth, the people go to great lengths to display that they 'have arrived'. If this means a prata man almost prostituting himself at nights to buy a 20 year old Mercedes, well, they will probably do it. Publicly showing and demonstrating that you are apparently successful is incredibly important. As shallow as it is to more mature eyes.

I found SG women come on a few levels. One just vacuous, only shop eat and speak like Ris Low. Two, usually law grads from overseas uni's.... very assertive and aggressive... kinda be what they think they are meant to be (often lesbians, and own several cats). Three. Imports from China to get the population up ah
Why are you specifically targeting us lawyers? I resent that :x

Further, I dont have any cats. Nor an inclination towards 'cats' as a euphemistic substitute!

Pig. :roll:

"assertive and aggressive"? Not all my classmates were, actually. Some, including the guys, are the most unassuming &soft-spoken people you'll ever meet. We legally-trained people are rational, almost scientific, so I deduce you're probably just sore that you can't use the "She's completely irrational" burn on us.

But I agree with (2) and (3). And yet, there is also a neutral category of girls who are perfectly nice and wife-material by our Western definition, without being at extremes. It's only that too many Asian men have bought into the whole Vietnamese mail order brides theory-- that a woman, love and lineage can be bought with cold hard cash-- that this neutral category of girls have to look elsewhere for our 白马太子.

It's also a simple matter of compatibility-- while I'd be averse to marrying a man who doesn't respect the Asian values, morality and culture I hold close to my proud lil beating heart, on the other hand, why should I accept being treated as a doormat and/or viewed as a babyfactory by you lot here? Puhleeez. Generalisations stink.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 5:58 am

bentonfraser_4ever wrote: Why are you specifically targeting us lawyers? I resent that :x

I'm glad. That gives me a warm feeling inside. 8-)

brittanny
Regular
Regular

Post by brittanny » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 6:48 am

bentonfraser_4ever wrote:
But I agree with (2) and (3). And yet, there is also a neutral category of girls who are perfectly nice and wife-material by our Western definition, without being at extremes.

you agree with what?! :o

but i concur along the line that some can be unassuming, soft spoken and rational, and vice versa. like every other profession, its a mix-and-match grp and its not a generic set of ppl. law schools are not synonymous with production lines.

what's your story JR8? what's with the hatred towards the legal eagles? :P
sounds like a case of sour grapes, whoops.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 7:26 am

No no, please go ahead, be my guest.

Just remember that before people hated bankers, they hated lawyers.

And for a reason.

bentonfraser_4ever

Post by bentonfraser_4ever » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 3:00 pm

brittanny wrote:
bentonfraser_4ever wrote:
But I agree with (2) and (3). And yet, there is also a neutral category of girls who are perfectly nice and wife-material by our Western definition, without being at extremes.

you agree with what?! :o

but i concur along the line that some can be unassuming, soft spoken and rational, and vice versa. like every other profession, its a mix-and-match grp and its not a generic set of ppl. law schools are not synonymous with production lines.

what's your story JR8? what's with the hatred towards the legal eagles? :P
sounds like a case of sour grapes, whoops.
Actually, I meant (1) and (3) but now that I think about it... I do know a number of 'alternative' people in Law school/ the legal profession (although of course it's absurd to say the proportion is higher, what about the pansies in the design industry, for instance? or lezzies in mega churches? they're everywhere). Strangely enough, not from my elitist WASP university in N.America but... from the university in Singapore! And well, for some of them it's dogs. Not cats. 8-)

And JR8, I was once engaged to a banker. When we first met, both of us detested each other because of our respective professions. After 2yrs, turned out HE was the w.h.o.r.e. :D

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 8:39 pm

JR8 wrote:I found SG women come on a few levels. One just vacuous, only shop eat and speak like Ris Low. Two, usually law grads from overseas uni's.... very assertive and aggressive... kinda be what they think they are meant to be (often lesbians, and own several cats). Three. Imports from China to get the population up ah
I just found out I'm not a Singaporean woman :-k

reflction

Post by reflction » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 11:40 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:
JR8 wrote:I found SG women come on a few levels. One just vacuous, only shop eat and speak like Ris Low. Two, usually law grads from overseas uni's.... very assertive and aggressive... kinda be what they think they are meant to be (often lesbians, and own several cats). Three. Imports from China to get the population up ah
LOLs me too. I have an NRIC but:

1) I do more than just shop and eat and DO NOT speak like Ris Low
2) I can be assertive and aggressive when standing up for myself or what I think is right, but im not a law grad or from any overseas uni, nor am I lesbian - I have only 2 cats, that does not amount to several
3) I was born and bred here, lived overseas for 6 years and was not "imported" back to keep the pop. up

What does that make us WindInMyHair?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 8:32 pm

reflction wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:
LOLs me too. I have an NRIC but:

1) I do more than just shop and eat and DO NOT speak like Ris Low
2) I can be assertive and aggressive when standing up for myself or what I think is right, but im not a law grad or from any overseas uni, nor am I lesbian - I have only 2 cats, that does not amount to several
3) I was born and bred here, lived overseas for 6 years and was not "imported" back to keep the pop. up

What does that make us WindInMyHair?

What a familiar posting style you have, it reminds me very much of somebody else who cleared off a few weeks ago!

reflction

Post by reflction » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 9:11 pm

if you have something you want to get off your chest JR8, be my guest. im not sure whether to be offended that you think im some kind of poser who has some "familiar" posting style becuase to be honest, i don't see many ways in which to be "unique" with regards to adding a post or reply. or that you think im someone else who should "clear off" just for stating agreeance with Wind in My Hair's comments.