Singapore Expats

Dating situation for caucasian European males in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
groupbuyseotools

Re: Dating situation for caucasian European males in Singapore

Post by groupbuyseotools » Wed, 23 Sep 2020 4:20 pm

Well, I am a little tired of the western mentality and attitudes. When I was an exchange student in the USA, I met some girls who where born and raised in Asia (China, Japan, India, etc) and they all had much, much better personalities than girls growing up in the USA and in Scandinavia (I'm from Denmark). Finding a single Asian girl who grew up in Asia isn't very easy in Denmark. Somebody pointed out that the divorce rates are high so if I would manage to find an Asian girl here in Denmark and we would divorce, then I would probably be single for many years before I find a new girl. If I live in Asia, finding a new Asian girl raised in Asia shouldn't be that hard. Also, I would like to explore Asia and living in Singapore I would live close to most other Asian coutries. A third reason is the climate, we have very depressing weather up here in Scandinavia. Why do you ask? Do you not recommend me moving there? If so, why not?

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Thu, 24 Sep 2020 9:29 am

Those who see negatives in western women are likely to see negatives in all women. It is not that western women are inferior, rather, all the good ones tend to get snapped up at a young age. If you missed that opportunity, you might find better alternatives outside of the western world. This was the situation my brother was in - after age 50 he had all but given up. Over several years I guided him through the tricky process of finding a good woman from abroad. He finally ended up with an OFW nurse who was working in Saudi. They have been happily married for the last 2 years and just had their first child.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 24 Sep 2020 11:00 am

I'm told by single male friends here that there is a shortage of single women due to the SVP ban and a lot of EP holders being sent back home jobless. They tell me reliably that any expat woman here already belongs to someone (i.e. she is on a DP as a trailing spouse or gf).

On the other hand married friends (and myself) know a lot of single Singaporean women who want a "decent man".
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!