Singapore Expats

Dating situation for caucasian European males in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
nanana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by nanana » Sun, 29 Jun 2014 4:15 pm

Akimbo wrote:
the lynx wrote:
Akimbo wrote: I'm programmed that way? Really?
Try dating someone who is smarter, hotter and makes more money than you. How long can you last with her without losing your sense of pride/sanity in Asia?
It's not that I don't want to try. It's more like they never even gave it a romantic chance to begin with.

Case in point:
I asked the women arnd my age (~25) in my social group, and in the end it became a one on one "friends hangout"...I try to get close to slightly older women (early 30s) and they treat me like a kid somewhat. (heart to heart talk here, whoops)...maybe they see I don't have anything worth sharing with them, or perhaps nothing worth discovering (In their view)?

Yeah, it's possible to have income differences in this day and age. I would probably shirk away if she begins by saying, "Oh I work in Raffles Place/CBD area..." but if she's humble towards life, I would probably get drawn to her even more. I did have some issues on deciding where to take one of my dates for dinner since she's...let's say "one class higher" than me.

Perhaps I gotta get a dating coach here...dress myself more like a grown up man (I still go around to work or social activities with jeans, t-shirt, Chuck Taylors and sometimes a hoodie), read more books, watch more worldly news, go travel and experience more. Or get a pet dog. :P

PS. In my defense, when I do take them out, I would dress appropriately, even though it's just a weekday after work dinner.
how about dating a 'cougar'? sure they won't mind of your income or your age. :P

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 9:43 am

nanana wrote: how about dating a 'cougar'? sure they won't mind of your income or your age. :P
Let's just say my body is currently not in the position to be the "boy toy" bait for cougars...

:roll:

(And by cougars, we're talking about 40+, right?)
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 12:33 pm

Akimbo wrote:
nanana wrote: how about dating a 'cougar'? sure they won't mind of your income or your age. :P
Let's just say my body is currently not in the position to be the "boy toy" bait for cougars...

Will she be a cougar then? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Elizabeth

40 is the new 30.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 12:54 pm

nakatago wrote:
Akimbo wrote:

Will she be a cougar then? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Elizabeth

40 is the new 30.
Somewhere along the way, I never once thought that a 30+ woman could she be "certified" as a cougar...

Maybe it was also because of Stifler's Mom in American Pie? :P

30 is the new 20 I suppose. And by that calculation, since I'm still in my mid 20s, I'd be considered as a 15 years old...not even qualified to buy my own beer...is that why, I wonder?
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

happygirl2014

Post by happygirl2014 » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 8:03 pm

This thread is interesting, keep it going!

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 8:09 pm

I'm curious to see your next five posts! 8-)
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 8:22 pm

If they are silly one liners like that one, she won't reach five and she'll never get her PM function activated as I'll whack 'em as I see'em sprout. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 08 Aug 2014 8:38 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If they are silly one liners like that one, she won't reach five and she'll never get her PM function activated as I'll whack 'em as I see'em sprout. :cool:
Whack-a-mole, anyone?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Aug 2014 10:56 am

^^ This. LMAO! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

goodgirl

Re: Dating situation for caucasian European males in Singapore

Post by goodgirl » Mon, 16 Jul 2018 7:32 am

so i wonder.. 9 yrs down has carster54 left Singapore with a wife?

hads88

Post by hads88 » Mon, 16 Jul 2018 2:35 pm

Pahahahaha - this guy definitely didn't find one!

carsten_54

Post by carsten_54 » Fri, 04 Jan 2019 8:31 am

It's time to let this thread die, nowadays there are better forums to discuss expatriating to find love (just google if you're interested). I'm still living in Denmark and I'm still single and I've given up trying to find love and having a family. I'll probably move abroad when I'm retired. Now, let this thread rest in peace.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 04 Jan 2019 11:55 am

Never give up on love.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 04 Jan 2019 12:28 pm

carsten_54 wrote:It's time to let this thread die, nowadays there are better forums to discuss expatriating to find love (just google if you're interested). I'm still living in Denmark and I'm still single and I've given up trying to find love and having a family. I'll probably move abroad when I'm retired. Now, let this thread rest in peace.
Danish women are quite hot in my experience.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

goodgirl

Post by goodgirl » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 4:16 pm

Carsten don't give up..I have recently tried okCupid.. when I thought Tinder was full of scammers.Apparently it's the same almost..But don't give up! Hi from Singapore