Singapore Expats Forum

Returning to singapore with outstanding debt

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

cloud9

Returning to singapore with outstanding debt

Postby cloud9 » Wed, 20 May 2009 3:24 pm

I have outstanding debts when i left singapore in 2002. Now, i intend to come and visit for short holiday. Can someone please advise me if will be allowed entry? Does immigration keep a record of people who have absconded debts?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 May 2009 6:02 pm

I would guess it would depend on how far those who got screwed by you, took it through the local system.

TennoHekka
Regular
Regular

Re: Returning to singapore with outstanding debt

Postby TennoHekka » Wed, 20 May 2009 10:45 pm

cloud9 wrote:I have outstanding debts when i left singapore in 2002. Now, i intend to come and visit for short holiday. Can someone please advise me if will be allowed entry? Does immigration keep a record of people who have absconded debts?

Maybe you should call your lawyer before coming back? Or settle the debt? IMHO, if the case hasn't turned criminal, I don't think the authorities would come for you, at least that's what I THINK...Best to just doublecheck it with the attorneys...

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Wed, 20 May 2009 11:13 pm

unless the debt is with some snakehead, then you gonna get some deco on your wall or car. :)

TennoHekka
Regular
Regular

Postby TennoHekka » Thu, 21 May 2009 1:23 am

durain wrote:unless the debt is with some snakehead, then you gonna get some deco on your wall or car. :)

Haha! :D