Singapore Expats Forum

Working on Dependant Visa

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

arpanbagchi

Working on Dependant Visa

Postby arpanbagchi » Wed, 20 May 2009 3:06 pm

I will be joining an MBA program in Singapore this August. I wish to take my wife along on a dependant visa. Can somebody let me know whether she is allowed to work in Singapore on a dependant visa considering that I will be on a Student Pass? If yes, what is the necessary procedure?

Thanks

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Postby prkravi » Wed, 20 May 2009 3:09 pm

I believe she is allowed to work where the income is under a specified limit.
Pls look up the ministry of manpower website for more info.

arpanbagchi

Postby arpanbagchi » Wed, 20 May 2009 3:12 pm

I did look around the ministry of manpower website but found no referance to working regulations for a dependant accompanying a Student Pass holder. In case you can help me locate the precise webpage then that will be great.

gev_sar

Postby gev_sar » Tue, 26 May 2009 9:14 am

Yes, she wil be able to work, so did my wife. When we arrived, she got a job and her employer applied for so called "letter of consent" which is necessary to obtain from Ministry of manpower. The only thing I am not sure, whether there any difference between Dependant of Student pass and Dependant of Employment pass holders...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 May 2009 11:34 am

It's the same pass. The only difference is that the Letter of Consent is geared to expire when the Student's pass expires instead of an EP expiring.

sms