Singapore Expats Forum

Heritage trip - Pura Saraswati Temple UBUD, Indonesia

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Heritage trip - Pura Saraswati Temple UBUD, Indonesia

Postby prkravi » Mon, 18 May 2009 2:22 pm

Hi,
Im seeking to find a travel mate to visit Indonesia, Bali.
The agenda is quite simple, i recently heard abut this wonderful Hindu temple at ubud, you can see more of it here:-
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=pura%20saraswati&w=all

And when i explored i realised that UBUD is infact an art / culture / tradition centered place. Am thinking of probably spending 2-3 days there, visiting UBUD primarily and maybe places around Bali which is a tangential agenda at the moment. The time could be in about a month or so, so that i can plan my leaves.

From my past experiences in travelling with people from this forum, id like to make the agenda and the intent very transparent...

This will be a cultural and explorative trip primarily and could be more religious due to the nature of the location and the BALINESE HINDU CULTURE in UBUD. So there could not be much of exhilirating stuff like night life, racing, or water sports etc.

We had some one from a planned trekking trip to kuching earlier on suddenly declare that they thought it was more of a relaxing and sight seeing trip and they had to take a detour. So to avoid any such expectations and assumptions, im making my agenda clear and to add, im an amateur photographer and i do spend a lot of time with my shutter soaking up the scenes i get to see, in my past experience, i have noticed that people see this as a drag and get offended, so if you feel that's fine with you and if you have the same interest and appreciation for serenity / heritage / art stuff, then i guess we are good to go.

Alright to sum it up...

A heritage site trip, a small art oriented town surrounded by rice fields is UBUD for you. The budget is also pretty much on the downside, trying to keep it within between 500 to 1000 maximum; at the end of it we could check out some areas around Bali as well, based on time.

Am still exploring the location, any feedback from people who have been there already is most welcome.
Thanks!

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Postby prkravi » Mon, 18 May 2009 2:36 pm

Heres another link that gives you more info.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g297 ... tions.html