Singapore Expats

Frizz Ease / John Frieda / Aussie hair

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
UK-HK-SIN

Post by UK-HK-SIN » Thu, 14 May 2009 10:55 am

does anyone know where I can buy any of these products for curly hair in Singapore. I have been bringing back in bulk from the UK whenever I go home and it would be great to be able to use the space in my suitcase for other stuff !!!

LoriW
Regular
Regular

Post by LoriW » Fri, 15 May 2009 4:13 am

I've bought 4 bottles of Frizz Ease serum to take with me! Thank goodness for the bogofs!!

I'd be interested to see if it is possible to find it in singapore though. I assume you've tried Watsons and the usual places? Have you tried Cold Storage? That's almost always the best place to find British stuff!

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Zeenit » Fri, 15 May 2009 9:24 am

Best bring some with and that way you can look around to find what you need. the weather here even makes my straight hair curly.

I brought loads of shampoo with ( we did have a 20ft container) and I am just now on ly last bottle, 8 months later.

And I can get my shampoo here and its cost about the same once you convert the price.
Zeenit

sim1310

Post by sim1310 » Sat, 16 May 2009 12:08 am

You can't get JF products in Singapore. I'm like you, I bought in bulk my last trip home to Australia. There are a few Australian online pharmacies that sell JF products. Probably better exchange rate than UK.

barbaraus

Post by barbaraus » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 9:01 pm

I found something similar that worked ok in a beauty shop in Suntec that I used in between "importing" my favorite product from US ( Biolage Gelee ). I forgot the name of the shop and the product, but next time I'm at Suntec I'll post it here.. But on a similar note, wondering if anybody has found a hairdresser that knows how to take care of curly/frizzy hair? I've been here 2 years and tried about 8 hairdressers.. but they mostly don't know what to do and suggest that I have my hair permanently straightened so that it will be easier to deal with...

monchatsplash

Re: Frizz Ease / John Frieda / Aussie hair

Post by monchatsplash » Thu, 30 Jul 2009 4:05 pm

barbaraus wrote:I found something similar that worked ok in a beauty shop in Suntec that I used in between "importing" my favorite product from US ( Biolage Gelee ). I forgot the name of the shop and the product, but next time I'm at Suntec I'll post it here.. But on a similar note, wondering if anybody has found a hairdresser that knows how to take care of curly/frizzy hair? I've been here 2 years and tried about 8 hairdressers.. but they mostly don't know what to do and suggest that I have my hair permanently straightened so that it will be easier to deal with...
i get your predicament and ive been searching for a hairdresser here my entire life. i'm a singaporean and have naturally curly hair and whenever i go to a salon they demand i straighten my hair. but i don't want to look like a carbon copy of the others! i still want my curls but i dont want them to look like pubes.

now i just use serum/leave-on conditioner. apparently the brand bedhead "curls rock" really works, i've read great reviews online.

violetxx

Post by violetxx » Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:36 pm

hahahahahahahaha pubes

Swiss Wife

Post by Swiss Wife » Sat, 08 Aug 2009 5:33 pm

David at Toni & Guy Hereen has cut my hair and blow dried it twice and it has been fabulous both times. My hair is naturally very curly and he is one of very few hairdressers who can actually blow dry it..... Cheya there does my hi-lights. They are not the cheapest but after having lots of disasters and having to pay to have them corrected I don't really care.