Singapore Expats

Everyone deserves happiness (Sharing)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Alice188

Everyone deserves happiness (Sharing)

Post by Alice188 » Tue, 12 May 2009 9:57 pm

Hey,
I previously attended a coaching program and gained a lot from it. Soon after that, I have joined the coaching training. I would like to share what I have learned from the course. If you have any query in your daily life, and would like to look for a friend to share, AND you are keen to share with a new friend like me, I am here for you :)
You may post your questions here

Please note that there is NO selling or commercial stuff, it's mainly for my personal growth and would like to share possibilities with more people around the world!
Happiness is the basic and everyone deserves it!
Hear from you soon :)

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 13 May 2009 8:47 am

i presume you mean coach like in "life coach"?

could you tell me why i should stop thinking life coaches are out to charge people plenty of money for doing very little?

i also would like to know, how i can stop moaning about life all day, especially when i have a decent job, good pay, and everything i need.

SATISFY ME... PLEEEEAAASEE....

Alice188

Post by Alice188 » Wed, 13 May 2009 9:37 pm

Hi,
Yes, it's life coach.
I am not sure what do you mean by other life coaches charge very high but do little, coz this never happen to me. I am lucky that I meet those good ones :)
Anyway, it's not fair for me to comment on other coaches because I am not sure how they work on their coaching program.
What exactly you moan about life? Mind to give me some examples for me to understand better?

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 13 May 2009 10:00 pm

go on taxico, drop alice188 an email! :wink:

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Wed, 13 May 2009 10:51 pm

go for it you need a life :wink:

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 14 May 2009 7:36 am

i keep wanting stuff, you know. it's never enough.

coz it seems like all i do is wear down the ole pocket book...

how can i find satisfaction in what i have now?

tell me how! tell me now! aiiiiiiieee...

and i haven't even started on how sloppy i am.

BUT... 1 problem at time...

Alice188

Post by Alice188 » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:07 pm

Yup! You need a life! And everyone deserves happiness..unfortunately, we are too used to the torturing lives and don't believe we deserve happiness, thus we are not happy! How hilarious it is?

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:45 pm

so how? what are you offering? and how much? any discount if use uob or citibank card?

Alice188

Post by Alice188 » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:58 pm

what is this question about? money?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:07 am

Alice188 wrote:Yup! You need a life! And everyone deserves happiness..unfortunately, we are too used to the torturing lives and don't believe we deserve happiness, thus we are not happy! How hilarious it is?
It took you over 2 weeks to come up with that answer? Look at the date of his cry for help! You must have had to go to coaches training several times as a repeat student if it took two weeks to come up with "Yup! You need a life! Really original as well huh? :roll:

durain, she should be paying us not the other way around. She needs all the help she can get! :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Alice188

Post by Alice188 » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:11 am

very nice of your comments...well, I don't need to explain why I was gone for 2 weeks..as I mentioned in my earlier post, I need some examples to know why he thinks that way, however I didn't see much from his reply. So, I am back now! Tell me, why you need to complain your life so much?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 1:54 am

Alice188 wrote:Hi,
Yes, it's life coach.
I am not sure what do you mean by other life coaches charge very high but do little, coz this never happen to me. I am lucky that I meet those good ones :)
Anyway, it's not fair for me to comment on other coaches because I am not sure how they work on their coaching program.
What exactly you moan about life? Mind to give me some examples for me to understand better?
Oh i just love this opportunity, to express myself, so the rest of you can bum out...
I didn't do cold turkey for nothing, and no it wasn't drugs, but my gripe in life is that i am tired of bullshit, i just cannot escape it...everyone takes me for a lemon and that's very disturbing, when i have so much experience.

I have read all the books on how to con a con artist, it was part of my growing up procedure , although my mum and dad didn't know about it. unfortunately i am quite the opposite, that's why I worked with refugees that are the biggest con artist in the world, not all of course, but the majority do make it very difficult for the genuine ones, and yes i have also seen and know genuine cases, slip through the network, which took me 2 years to correct.

Personally i give a free service to anyone one that needs it, and if i am not sure of what i am talking about then I will say I am not sure and refer you to someone that knows better.

Alice188

Post by Alice188 » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 3:09 am

Hey, I like the way you express yourself...thanks for that! And I like your job!
This is what I found out recently, people are very used to live in misery lives and when happiness comes to them, they are happy for a moment but don't get used to it...thus they will do silly stuff and go back to the sadness...then they feel 'safe' :cool:

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 8:21 am

ahem ahem... i moan about my life any which way i please!

so... coz i don't find no satisfaction (don't sing now) in the things i do, and that i think i should spend less money, it means i don't have a life???

me is unsure if me agrees with that, coz me thinks me has a life.

for one thing, when i spend my money, i know i don't feel the least bit sad. i love it! i worked hard for it!

it's the guilt i'm not sure about...! i do feel it coulda/shoulda been better used, more so during such bad times.

i don't know if i agree with you about that bizarre "feeling happy and then doing silly stuff to to go back being sad" shebang either.

what i want to know now is if that coach of yours offers a refund.

Thaiclan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Thaiclan » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 8:35 am

In my experience I have found mentors to be far greater at yielding results than Life coaches.
I looked around at finding a Life coach here in Singapore. I met with 4 of them and none of them really "fit the bill".
They were expensive too, so I decided to use that money to learn to fly small planes instead :D
Anyway I found far better calibre mentors online, plus support from like minded people on personal development forums such as Steve Pavlinas (Google him for web address).
The thing is no-one cares more about your Life than YOU do, no one cares more about your money than YOU do. Ultimately you are the best coach, advisor for yourself. Often with a coach theyhave a pre-set plan/programme/set of tools that they use to "improve" people. My advice is go and do some self-development work and find out what toold work for you. Let your peers know some of your intentions so that they will continue to ask about your progress intermittently. Nothing like a good dose of peer pressure to get the whip cracking! :lol: