Singapore Expats Forum

Heely shoes: a Bane !

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue, 09 May 2006 12:31 pm

I tried heelying once - it is much harder than it looks, and if it wasn't for the fact that you can just put your foot down to stop I would have broken my neck! Never tried since, but I just had to have a go, come on admit it, it looks fun :D haven't you wished you were little again so you could have a pair?

All I had when I was little was a crappy pair of roller skates, weighed a ton & after you had been on them for a while & taken them off you feet felt as light as a feather & you might do the occasional massive step thinking you still had them on :) ahhhh great days
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 09 May 2006 12:42 pm

Kats_ wrote:
Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:

I wish you guys would lighten up -- damn! Are we going to take cars away because a few people smash theirs into other cars?

I agree with MHB ..so long they dont go crashing on others. As a matter of fact I love to see kids being silly.....maybe not so much in public places.

And that's my point . . . had one of the little #@%$^%'s bump into the pram the other day . . . :mad:

'nuff said Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 09 May 2006 1:18 pm

And how is Em-Cubed after her near fatal collision? I hope your going to sue the bastard! I think it all goes back to the fact that you hang around a very tough crowd.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 09 May 2006 1:23 pm

Cheekybeek wrote:Kids with toys should be banned from the mall! A few weeks ago I was near the escalator when a woman handed her kids a bag of marbles each and lo and behold the first kid opens his marbles and drops the entire contents down the escalator, the second kid follows suit soon after. I felt so aggrevated that I couldn't be bothered helping the silly woman pick up her son's marbles.

OK, who is really at fault here? Perhaps she didn't think the whole marbles/escalator thing out to it's natural conclusion, but it's definitely not the kids fault.

My favorite silly toy my kids had was the giant inflatable hamster ball that they could get into and roll down hills at 50 mph.

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Cheekybeek » Tue, 09 May 2006 1:30 pm

I really do hate those wheely things being used in malls where there is barely enough room to walk let along skate around. Parks is fine but wish parents wouldn't allow kids to go crashing around aggrevating people in malls- especially when you're lugging around 10+ bags of heavy groceries and a 6 pack of Boyfriend's fave beer. And really dislike it when entire families and extended families feel the need to go grocery shopping as a family outing- and let the kids push the trolley!

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue, 09 May 2006 1:43 pm

What makes me laugh is when a family goes shopping in the supermarket & they need 2 trollies, one for the food & one to push the kids around. It almost looks like there is a section in the supermarket where you can pick kids off the shelf & pop them in the trolly :D
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."

Hemingway