Singapore Expats Forum

Heely shoes: a Bane !

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

prodigy

Heely shoes: a Bane !

Postby prodigy » Mon, 26 Jan 2004 8:58 am

Just read today's straits times forum page on a discussuion about the heely shoes.

I think it should be banned as it's a real nuisance especially when you're in a mall doing shopping and the kids zip everywhere of you with thier heely shoes, without any objective...but just to have fun. I have tolerated so much of these kids with these irritating shoes because they always have no idea what they're doing in a mall...I would see these shoes as being no different from a skateboard or rollerblade, except that the wheels are planted on the shoes.

Would anyone like to share their views :?: :idea:

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Re: Heely shoes: a Bane !

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Mon, 08 May 2006 7:52 pm

prodigy wrote:Just read today's straits times forum page on a discussuion about the heely shoes.

I think it should be banned as it's a real nuisance especially when you're in a mall doing shopping and the kids zip everywhere of you with thier heely shoes, without any objective...but just to have fun. I have tolerated so much of these kids with these irritating shoes because they always have no idea what they're doing in a mall...I would see these shoes as being no different from a skateboard or rollerblade, except that the wheels are planted on the shoes.

Would anyone like to share their views :?: :idea:

It's been 2 1/2 years, so I guess not.

Kats_
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Kats_ » Mon, 08 May 2006 7:56 pm

MHB, bored arent you ? :P

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 08 May 2006 8:59 pm

And still I hate it as well, seeing these mostly irritating spoilt brads cruising in front of me...

Licking an icecream most of the times, or you meet them in the MRT, when they occupy the seat you wanted to sit on. And the blur Singaporean mum of course cannot be bothered to spank the little idiot and give the seat to those who are in need!

Hahahaa.... Love this, La Reinne! :D

Eric

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 09 May 2006 1:11 am

Took me a while to realise you meant those daft trainers with wheels....I thought you meant.....

Now, those I like.....
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

icedragon1420
Regular
Regular

Postby icedragon1420 » Tue, 09 May 2006 9:03 am

Back home (south africa) those kids are banned from all malls.But at the end of the day it just another toy and i dont know if you the Anti-santa claus but i would feel most bad about taking toys away from kids. :???:
If time is money and money is time then where can i buy some?

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Cheekybeek » Tue, 09 May 2006 9:40 am

Kids with toys should be banned from the mall! A few weeks ago I was near the escalator when a woman handed her kids a bag of marbles each and lo and behold the first kid opens his marbles and drops the entire contents down the escalator, the second kid follows suit soon after. I felt so aggrevated that I couldn't be bothered helping the silly woman pick up her son's marbles.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 May 2006 9:44 am

icedragon1420 wrote:Back home (south africa) those kids are banned from all malls.But at the end of the day it just another toy and i dont know if you the Anti-santa claus but i would feel most bad about taking toys away from kids. :???:

Guess I'm the anti-santa then. Not only did I take my son's DreamCast away a bout 4 years ago, I smashed and removable memorypac that fit into the controller with a 4 pound slegehammer to prove a point. It worked I might add. Now I am saddled with a bass guitar causing the same sort of problems (school work). A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do sometimes. Just like da man in blue if you cannot keep your foot off the go pedal in you favourite toy (car). He'll take it away! :-|

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 09 May 2006 9:50 am

Cheekybeek wrote:Kids with toys should be banned from the mall! A few weeks ago I was near the escalator when a woman handed her kids a bag of marbles each and lo and behold the first kid opens his marbles and drops the entire contents down the escalator, the second kid follows suit soon after. I felt so aggrevated that I couldn't be bothered helping the silly woman pick up her son's marbles.

She clearly lost her marbles . . . boom-boom . . . . hacha cha cha cha!

maybe I'm an old fart now, but I can't stand those miserable roller-shoes, the kids look so bloody stupid and lazy being pulled around by the maid or mother - - I will NEVER buy mine any.

Grrrrrrr :mad:

'nuff said Image

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Tue, 09 May 2006 10:07 am

Vaucluse wrote:
Cheekybeek wrote:Kids with toys should be banned from the mall! A few weeks ago I was near the escalator when a woman handed her kids a bag of marbles each and lo and behold the first kid opens his marbles and drops the entire contents down the escalator, the second kid follows suit soon after. I felt so aggrevated that I couldn't be bothered helping the silly woman pick up her son's marbles.

maybe I'm an old fart now, but I can't stand those miserable roller-shoes, the kids look so bloody stupid and lazy being pulled around by the maid or mother - - I will NEVER buy mine any.

Never say never... Sweet little girls are known to do what they want with their daddy...
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

icedragon1420
Regular
Regular

Postby icedragon1420 » Tue, 09 May 2006 10:10 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
icedragon1420 wrote:Back home (south africa) those kids are banned from all malls.But at the end of the day it just another toy and i dont know if you the Anti-santa claus but i would feel most bad about taking toys away from kids. :???:

Guess I'm the anti-santa then. Not only did I take my son's DreamCast away a bout 4 years ago, I smashed and removable memorypac that fit into the controller with a 4 pound slegehammer to prove a point. It worked I might add. Now I am saddled with a bass guitar causing the same sort of problems (school work). A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do sometimes. Just like da man in blue if you cannot keep your foot off the go pedal in you favourite toy (car). He'll take it away! :-|

Bass guitar!Long live rock and roll!Sure you being kept out of sleep. :???: Took away the dreamcast hmmm well you bought it in the first place and would be fair to assume that you took it away for a valid reason but are heelys harmful in anyway (falling your ass of aside) or do they just get in your nerves? I do admit they get on my nerves when they go over tiles and make that tik tik sound but wheres the harm further than that?
If time is money and money is time then where can i buy some?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 09 May 2006 10:13 am

Carpe Diem wrote:[maybe I'm an old fart now, but I can't stand those miserable roller-shoes, the kids look so bloody stupid and lazy being pulled around by the maid or mother - - I will NEVER buy mine any.

Never say never... Sweet little girls are known to do what they want with their daddy...[/quote]

Ah, they are so cute . . . swoooooon . . . .

'nuff said Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 09 May 2006 10:43 am

Vaucluse wrote:

I wish you guys would lighten up -- damn! Are we going to take cars away because a few people smash theirs into other cars?

My daughter has heelys, she uses than around the house and I never pull her. She's careful in all things...

If its a toy that is not plugged in then I say: it's a great toy and yeah! good for them!

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 09 May 2006 10:50 am

Well, since you didnot fancy Sally so much, are these heelys yours? Hope those are not the ones your daughter snatched and uses around the house... :o

Eric

Kats_
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Kats_ » Tue, 09 May 2006 12:29 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:

I wish you guys would lighten up -- damn! Are we going to take cars away because a few people smash theirs into other cars?

I agree with MHB ..so long they dont go crashing on others. As a matter of fact I love to see kids being silly.....maybe not so much in public places.

Marbles in the escalators..NO!

I would also extend this to the 'schhh-schhh-scchh' noise from the loud headsets of some inconsiderate local yobs in the MRT. Superbly annoying!!! I always have half a mind to them them off but simply sit and stare.