Singapore Expats Forum

I just did vaser lipo 4 days ago... Need your advise!

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Aui
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue, 12 May 2009
Location: Singapore

I just did vaser lipo 4 days ago... Need your advise!

Postby Aui » Tue, 12 May 2009 1:32 am

I did vaser lipo on my arms n abs (up & lower) 4 days ago. Haven't seen the final result yet cos' of the swelling! My tummy is like a water barrel now. I've weighed myself.. seemed to have put on 3kg of fluids. Is there any recommended way to reduce the swell asap ? (As I am about to travel overseas v soon in 10days time...)
>> btw I did a Blog to document my pre & post surgery.

Any rec for post lipo massages?
I dont wear my compression garments to sleep as it's not advisable (can lead to poor blood circulation). What about U?

Love,Aui.
Last edited by Aui on Thu, 06 Aug 2009 8:51 am, edited 6 times in total.

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3150
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Tue, 12 May 2009 8:30 am

goodness me o my, please go visit your doctor.

a trip to the GP won't cost more than $35, and trust me, is worth every penny if it eases your mind.

if you're not wearing compression garments because your doctor told you not to, then it's okay. otherwise, please read the above. (they are usually worn)

did you tell your doctor pre-op that you're flying 2 weeks after surgery?

recovery depends on the techniques of the doctor, and the patient's health. 1-2 weeks may have been on the doctor's mind if he was informed.

for now, try not to MOVE AROUND and do stuff with your affected areas, because that will increase fluid accumulation.

vaser lipo involves heat (from the ultrasound) and thus swelling and bruising is likely to last a while (sometimes, they last quite a long while).

good luck!

Aui
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue, 12 May 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby Aui » Tue, 12 May 2009 1:17 pm

Hihi,

I was told to wear my garment for 2 weeks minimum. The swell is inevitable just that I want the swell to go down asap. I have been trying to massage my arms, at least no more water sounds now. haha.

Its the abs that is giving me probs. My waist is really big now because of the swell and I feel hideous as I can only wear loose n unflattering clothes to work. I guess its part and parcel of the post op cons,ey.

How to make my swell on the abs disappear asap?

Aui

OogieBoogie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri, 17 Apr 2009
Location: Singapore East Coast

Postby OogieBoogie » Tue, 12 May 2009 1:38 pm

i think the surgeon would be the one who could answer this question really correctly...

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3150
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Tue, 12 May 2009 4:16 pm

Aui wrote:I was told to wear my garment for 2 weeks minimum. The swell is inevitable just that I want the swell to go down asap. I have been trying to massage my arms, at least no more water sounds now. haha.

Its the abs that is giving me probs. My waist is really big now because of the swell and I feel hideous as I can only wear loose n unflattering clothes to work. I guess its part and parcel of the post op cons,ey.

How to make my swell on the abs disappear asap?


stop touching them. do as you're told.

and you're right, that's part of the healing process.

there's nothing you can do that will make the swelling "disappear".

if you keep messing with them, it will make it worse.

make sure you're cleared to travel. call the doctor over the phone - plead with the recept and tell them it will only take a minute.

taxico, M.D.

Breeoei
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu, 13 Nov 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Breeoei » Tue, 12 May 2009 8:59 pm

taxico wrote:
Aui wrote:I was told to wear my garment for 2 weeks minimum. The swell is inevitable just that I want the swell to go down asap. I have been trying to massage my arms, at least no more water sounds now. haha.

Its the abs that is giving me probs. My waist is really big now because of the swell and I feel hideous as I can only wear loose n unflattering clothes to work. I guess its part and parcel of the post op cons,ey.

How to make my swell on the abs disappear asap?


stop touching them. do as you're told.

and you're right, that's part of the healing process.

there's nothing you can do that will make the swelling "disappear".

if you keep messing with them, it will make it worse.

make sure you're cleared to travel. call the doctor over the phone - plead with the recept and tell them it will only take a minute.

taxico, M.D.



Hey Aui:)

Was the surgery painful? and is it still painful? Who was your doctor?Can share with us your experience please?
Last edited by Breeoei on Wed, 13 May 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BREE

MsCongeniality
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 13 May 2009

Postby MsCongeniality » Wed, 13 May 2009 6:23 pm

Hi did u do your arms and tummy together on the same day? Cos i'm considering doing those 2 areas too, but afraid of the complications it may cause as it will be many hrs of surgery.

Breeoei
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu, 13 Nov 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Breeoei » Wed, 13 May 2009 6:43 pm

Breeoei wrote:
taxico wrote:
Aui wrote:I was told to wear my garment for 2 weeks minimum. The swell is inevitable just that I want the swell to go down asap. I have been trying to massage my arms, at least no more water sounds now. haha.

Its the abs that is giving me probs. My waist is really big now because of the swell and I feel hideous as I can only wear loose n unflattering clothes to work. I guess its part and parcel of the post op cons,ey.

How to make my swell on the abs disappear asap?


stop touching them. do as you're told.

and you're right, that's part of the healing process.

there's nothing you can do that will make the swelling "disappear".

if you keep messing with them, it will make it worse.

make sure you're cleared to travel. call the doctor over the phone - plead with the recept and tell them it will only take a minute.

taxico, M.D.



Hey Aui:)

Was the surgery painful? and is it still painful? Who was your doctor?Can share with us your experience please?
BREE

MsCongeniality
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 13 May 2009

Postby MsCongeniality » Wed, 13 May 2009 7:33 pm

Hi i forgot to add that for your problem, u can actually ask your doc for some pills that will help with your water retention. I did for my last vaser and it helped a lot, the water will be gone, but keep in mind that it will lower your blood pressure, so u will hv to monitor it. But i remembered the pills helped me alot. Forgot the name tho. :wink:

channel5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 10 May 2009

Postby channel5 » Wed, 13 May 2009 11:14 pm

the swelling will last 2weeks ar. my 5th day was the worst!

Aui
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue, 12 May 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby Aui » Wed, 13 May 2009 11:31 pm

Hi gals,

I did both arms and abs together. It's not painful... just soreness. Its been 7th day now. I've blogged up my vaser lipo experience yesterday since Day 1 of the Op.

Will U be doing it? I dont know if it's appropriate to give you the url here. U can PM me at: rememberaui@hotmail.com
Last edited by Aui on Wed, 13 May 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aui
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue, 12 May 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby Aui » Wed, 13 May 2009 11:33 pm

Hi Ms Congeniality,

Really? Is there such a pill? Ok, I'll ask my doc tmr during my review! Thx!!!

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3150
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Thu, 14 May 2009 7:21 am

Aui wrote:Really? Is there such a pill? Ok, I'll ask my doc tmr during my review! Thx!!!


you know... i was gonna say pills and surgeries shouldn't always be the solution... but...

oh well.

MsCongeniality
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 13 May 2009

Postby MsCongeniality » Thu, 14 May 2009 12:51 pm

I will be doing my arms next mth, but i m oso considering to do either my tummy or calves as well. But it is not advisable for me cos i previously did my thighs and had many complications. So the doc prefer me not to stay too long hrs under sedation. I can only do it under iv sedation, becos i will wake up halfway thru the op.
So can i ask u Aui u did arms n tummy together, in total how many hrs ? and did u include armpit n shoulders? And i only hv 9 days to recover, u think is enough? As in enough to go bk to work as well as drive?
Thank u in advance for ur response. :oops:

Aui
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue, 12 May 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby Aui » Thu, 14 May 2009 11:31 pm

taxico wrote:
Aui wrote:Really? Is there such a pill? Ok, I'll ask my doc tmr during my review! Thx!!!


you know... i was gonna say pills and surgeries shouldn't always be the solution... but...

oh well.


Hi Taxico, I went for my review today... Nurse told me better dun take pills... cos' may cos' kidney complications. Doc said my recovery n healing looks good... so dont need any bruise cream or pills or anymore drainage.. Maybe a lympathic massage. Yay!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest