Singapore Expats

How to Change Address to Overseas?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 12:33 pm

How to Change Address to Overseas?

Post by spidernyc » Mon, 11 May 2009 8:45 pm


I will be moving from Singapore, to China -- and need to place a Change of Address request. Do you know how the process works in Singapore, and if they can forward to an overseas (China) address?

Thanks in advance!

User avatar
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 8:32 pm
Location: London/Singapore

Post by littlegreenman » Mon, 11 May 2009 8:57 pm

Hi Spidernyc,

I guess you could rent a PO Box and get your mail forwarded to wherever you are. We looked into this a few years ago when we left Singapore and found this to be the best solution apart from getting your mail sent to your family if you have any in Singapore or a friend. This basically relates to any non government mail.

If you are a PR and will still get CPF mail etc. , all these addresses are changed with government agencies when you go to the nearest police post and get the address on your IC amended. Pls note that you can get an overseas address put on your IC (my wife has this) but the mail will still be sent to a nominated address in Singapore.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests