Singapore Expats Forum

Heavy metal bars/clubs in Sin City

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
JungleJim

Heavy metal bars/clubs in Sin City

Postby JungleJim » Mon, 11 May 2009 1:23 pm

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to Singapore and wanted to know if there are any decent Heavy Metal bars or clubs in Singapore?

Cheers,
JJ

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 May 2009 4:09 pm

With all the construction sites around there's tons and tons of heavy metal bars here. :P

Barczar
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Barczar » Tue, 12 May 2009 10:33 am

SMS....seriously?....GROOOOOOAAAAAAN!!!! 8-) That was terrible and I'm sorry I didn't think of it first!

Jungle Jim - There are a few around but seems to be more geared towards a heavy metal night versus a heavy metal club or bar....best to check out some of the local rags like IS or Juice, Time Out etc which will point you in the right direction.

Rock On!
If you want to play with the Big Dogs you can't pee like a Puppy!

xynner

Postby xynner » Fri, 31 May 2013 6:36 pm

There are no metal bars but there are some gigs or pubs that play some metals depends on the majority of the crowd.
Normally me and my friends just crash those pubs in large numbers so that they want to play heavy metal.

If you want to join the scene or something I do write for a local metal magazine and they have metal gatherings every quarterly.

The next one happens at the end of june.

Oh and also this grindcore band called Wormrot will be playing at baybeats I think saturday.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 31 May 2013 8:00 pm

xynner wrote:Oh and also this grindcore band called Wormrot will be playing at baybeats I think saturday.

They need to bring Caracal back to Baybeats again!
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Sun, 16 Jun 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

veervarma

metal magazine

Postby veervarma » Sun, 16 Jun 2013 8:36 pm

hi mate

Can you tell me more about the metal meetup end of this month. I am really into that kind of stuff and would love to meetup fellow hardcore buddies. thanks

Veer

xynner

Re: metal magazine

Postby xynner » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:34 am

veervarma wrote:hi mate

Can you tell me more about the metal meetup end of this month. I am really into that kind of stuff and would love to meetup fellow hardcore buddies. thanks

Veer

Hey Veer, I have answered to your interest here:
ftopic95441.html&highlight=

for the guys here, here is the response:

It's a potluck, so just buy and bring some beers and some food to share, and make it after 7.30pm tomorrow 28th June 2013.

The address is:

Waterfront Waves (this is a condo)
760 Bedok Reservoir Road
Singapore 479245
BBQ Pit 2

Nearest MRT is Tampines or Bedok MRT.
From Bedok Bus Interchange, take buses 228 or 66
From Tampines Interchange, take busses 22 or 65

My name is Cynthia, just tell the condo guards there my name and direct you guys to BBQ Pit 2.
PM me for my phone number if you need.

Anyone seeing this, feel free to crash even if you are not a metal fan, just come and mingle with some cool people!

xynner

Postby xynner » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:36 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
xynner wrote:Oh and also this grindcore band called Wormrot will be playing at baybeats I think saturday.

They need to bring Caracal back to Baybeats again!

Hahaha Caracal is pretty good but I am not a big fan haha.
But have you heard of this resident band at Wala Wala called Shirlyn & The UnXpected? They are f***ing ace and they sometimes play my fav metal/rock songs other than the mainstream requests. omg i love them and am going again on 6th July to celebrate my bday.

veervarma

thanks

Postby veervarma » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 7:35 am

hey thanks so much for sharing the venue and your number. I am so sorry i need to go to another meeting and could be late. If I fail to meet you today, I meet you at baybeats tomorrow. Dont wanna miss you cool people, just that I am trying to fit in too many things.

Veer