Singapore Expats Forum

EPEC - How to get a skilled migrant visa

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 16 May 2010 1:40 pm

namasteindia wrote:i have applied for EPEC im having 16 years experience as Administration Manager and i have diploma in computer networking.

I will be getting information about further development within 2 days.

So on basis of EPEC i can go to singapore and get a LTVP and once i get LTVP i can live in singapore and search job is that right?????

Correct

I cannot bring my dependents on LTVP right??

Right.

I do not have skilled migrant visa......is it needed for my profession??

The EPEC and the LTVP are all you need.

The LTVP may or may not be granted. If that happens then you have only the number of days available that you would get on a normal tourist visa.

They do NOT have to give you a LTVP (we just had a case of that) and they do NOT have to give you a one year LTVP. It says they CAN (not will) grant you an LTVP for "UP TO one year". In the past it was normal to be one year. Now we are seeing 90 days or in some cases, none at all.

Thankyou

namasteindia

Postby namasteindia » Sun, 16 May 2010 1:55 pm

can i search for job on normal tourist visa pass?

What is criteria for LTVP to be rejected???

thanks in advance

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 16 May 2010 2:28 pm

namasteindia wrote:can i search for job on normal tourist visa pass?

Yes. A Tourist Visa is a "SVP" or Social Visit Pass. This is normally 2 weeks or 30 days depending on where you are coming from. (Normally 30 days). Otherwise there is no difference between the two other the the length of time permitted to stay.

What is criteria for LTVP to be rejected???

We don't know and ICA won't tell. They keep their grading systems confidential so as to keep certain potential migrants from fabricating all the necessary in order to gain access here. It a protective measure. All we have is anecdotal evidence to go by. e.g., when somebody posts here that they have been rejected or we know somebody who has due do our own personal positions or knowledge of others.

thanks in advance

NhyCjy

Postby NhyCjy » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:16 pm

Sorry to hijack this post. But is the skilled migrant visa a must for the EPEC application or it is optional?Can other educational qualifications suffice?

namasteindia

Postby namasteindia » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 6:10 pm

My and my husband EPEC was rejected. we dont hav skilled migrant visa...we are from india
and dont know where to get one from

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 7:07 pm

NhyCjy wrote:Sorry to hijack this post. But is the skilled migrant visa a must for the EPEC application or it is optional?Can other educational qualifications suffice?

suggest you use your skills to read the website