Singapore Expats Forum

Sheng Shiong Supermarket (Loyang Point)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

rougebaby

Sheng Shiong Supermarket (Loyang Point)

Postby rougebaby » Sun, 10 May 2009 2:06 am

Ok, lemme start with this, as all of you may know that Sheng Shiong supermarket has many branches, but when it comes to one of the worst, I can say its Loyang Point branch.

There is one of the staff wearing red shirt attire with long hair, I witnessed there's a argument between the customer & the staff. The customer was asking nicely about the product enquiries, but in return, the staff gaves a bad attitude in response.

After the customer has left the supermarket, I heard she backstabbed the customer along with ther other co-collegue. I was wondering, is that what it takes to be a service oriented frontline?

Any opinions guys?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 10 May 2009 2:10 am

You are in Singapore. It comes with the territory. Get used to it. Costumer Service is only words in the dictionary. You did notice that the two words are not next to each in the dictionary either didn't you?

:?

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Re: Sheng Shiong Supermarket (Loyang Point)

Postby road.not.taken » Sun, 10 May 2009 8:21 am

rougebaby wrote:Ok, lemme start with this, as all of you may know that Sheng Shiong supermarket has many branches, but when it comes to one of the worst, I can say its Loyang Point branch.

There is one of the staff wearing red shirt attire with long hair, I witnessed there's a argument between the customer & the staff. The customer was asking nicely about the product enquiries, but in return, the staff gaves a bad attitude in response.

After the customer has left the supermarket, I heard she backstabbed the customer along with ther other co-collegue. I was wondering, is that what it takes to be a service oriented frontline?

Any opinions guys?

Why would we condemn a supermarket chain because someone was having a bad day?

I was at the one at Tekka, a cute little Uncle helped me to my car with my full cart ~ I was at least a foot taller and probably had 50 lbs on the guy, but he insisted.

rougebaby

Postby rougebaby » Sun, 10 May 2009 11:38 am

I'm not pointing at them, only Loyang Point Supermarket, of course people would know different branches has different customer service, but how come a high rank staff using a bad attitude towards to customer & the poor child?

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Sun, 10 May 2009 12:27 pm

rougebaby wrote:I'm not pointing at them, only Loyang Point Supermarket, of course people would know different branches has different customer service, but how come a high rank staff using a bad attitude towards to customer & the poor child?

Because they were having a bad day. If they have too many 'bad days' they'll get fired. The entire branch is not at fault. If all it took was one bad interaction with a customer to condemn the whole store, there wouldn't be a single store left.

kenni_82

Postby kenni_82 » Sun, 10 May 2009 11:10 pm

hmm i personally find that it depend. A box of apple sure got one or two rotten. I think when people say about good service, they mean in general.. Prehaps that sale person is the rotten one that you saw.
-one kind of rice feed hunderds kind of people.
Kenny Heng
www.hengs-empire.com
-home cook is always best food

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Postby Barnsley » Tue, 12 May 2009 12:57 pm

rougebaby wrote:I'm not pointing at them, only Loyang Point Supermarket, of course people would know different branches has different customer service, but how come a high rank staff using a bad attitude towards to customer & the poor child?

Its my local supermarket , the vodka is cheap so I like it!

resm
Regular
Regular

Postby resm » Wed, 13 May 2009 2:19 pm

Barnsley wrote:

Its my local supermarket , the vodka is cheap so I like it!

You are always free to go and shoppe at a different place.

This Loyang Point supermarket is also one of them I go to.

Since day one I never expected anything from that place (not really my style) but as long as they carry some of the items I need regularly and at lower price than other supermarkets, they have me as their customer.

And von wegen customer service: I always expect it not to get it here and if I do, I am happy !
PROUT....the only way out !