Singapore Expats Forum

Funky monkey underwear

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

jpatokal

Funky monkey underwear

Postby jpatokal » Sun, 25 Jan 2004 5:24 pm

Singapore's famous funky monkey New Year underwear even made it to CNN, but where can I actually buy the damned things? The Straits Times is kind enough to suggest a place called "ButtOn Trendy Undies" in Bugis Village, but a two-hour trawl through Bugis Village, its pasar malam, as well as Bugis Street/Parco and Albert Mall turned up nada.

Any hints appreciated, Valentine's Day is coming up all too soon... :P

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sun, 25 Jan 2004 5:26 pm

Update! (One minute after posting, typical :roll:)

Shop and website located: http://www.trendybutton.com/, address given as Upstairs (Above Food Village), 3 Bugis Street, #02-02D, Singapore 188867. It wasn't open today though, guess I'll have to drop them a note to check their times.

jeannie

Postby jeannie » Sun, 25 Jan 2004 6:40 pm

Need matching bras to go with it :)

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Tue, 03 Feb 2004 10:44 pm

Shop found and monkey underwear purchased. 8) Given the publicity I have to say their selection was surprisingly modest, their selection of cute pink monkey panties for women is limited to one (1) design, and there are no monkeys for men at all!

But they do have Hello Kitty and various other cartoon characters and random cuteness, so if that's your cup of tea it may be worth checking out anyway.

dormer

Postby dormer » Wed, 04 Feb 2004 1:31 am

LOL, you should ask them to sell a whole collection of the 12 zodiacs :D