Singapore Expats Forum

Driving Instructor For Refreshment Course

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Wenqian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009

Driving Instructor For Refreshment Course

Postby Wenqian » Tue, 05 May 2009 3:07 pm

Can someone recommend a good driving instructor for refreshment course...

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Fri, 08 May 2009 4:40 pm

don't bother. i did that some years back.

instructors charge you more than people who've not got licenses.

the lesson's are not worth it either coz instructions are lousy.

i was dissuaded ineffectively by someone who has done it before me, and i do the same for you now.

get good insurance, and just drive. the crazier the better.

either that, or you'll need defensive/advanced driver training outside of singapore (both of which i later did).

fat loada help it was too, coz a cab slammed into me last year. there's no escaping singaporean drivers and those courses just make you (me) think more while driving and it becomes even MORE FREAKING STRESSFUL...

i'm currently torn between being a pavement cycling terrorist and a vespa that will never go on the highway.

User avatar
imrankassim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri, 09 Jan 2009
Location: Novo Logistics Pte Ltd
Contact:

Postby imrankassim » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 1:10 am

taxico wrote:don't bother. i did that some years back.

instructors charge you more than people who've not got licenses.

the lesson's are not worth it either coz instructions are lousy.

i was dissuaded ineffectively by someone who has done it before me, and i do the same for you now.

get good insurance, and just drive. the crazier the better.

either that, or you'll need defensive/advanced driver training outside of singapore (both of which i later did).

fat loada help it was too, coz a cab slammed into me last year. there's no escaping singaporean drivers and those courses just make you (me) think more while driving and it becomes even MORE FREAKING STRESSFUL...

i'm currently torn between being a pavement cycling terrorist and a vespa that will never go on the highway.


haha mate if you think the driving condition here is terrible, wait till you set foot on cairo. absolutely mental, its like in that videogame burnout where the cars try to deliberately crash into each other

imran
INT'L RELOCATION. imran@novo-logistics.com

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 8:39 am

imrankassim wrote:haha mate if you think the driving condition here is terrible, wait till you set foot on cairo. absolutely mental, its like in that videogame burnout where the cars try to deliberately crash into each other


not just cairo i'm sure; many other places too...

mashimaro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 13 Dec 2009

looking for private instructor in yio chu kang area..

Postby mashimaro » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:50 am

looking for private instructor in yio chu kang area..

i need a private instructor in yio chu kang area urgently.. does any1 can recommand any instructor in yck.. i really need it veri urgently... thankz...

guerrilla_panda
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2009

Re: Driving Instructor For Refreshment Course

Postby guerrilla_panda » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 1:55 am

Wenqian wrote:Can someone recommend a good driving instructor for refreshment course...


You may want to consider a cooking teacher instead ;)

Snarkiness aside, hope you found a good one!
Eats shoots and leaves

mashimaro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 13 Dec 2009

Need Help........

Postby mashimaro » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 12:35 pm

Looking for Instructor in WOODLAND AREA...

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 7:46 pm

relooking the topic, perhaps a caterer might be better suited...
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

Greg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 28 Feb 2008

Postby Greg » Fri, 08 Jan 2010 3:51 pm

1. Buy a copy of the highway code and burn before reading

2. Remove the fuse for the indicators, cos if you use them the bastards will just accelerate to close the gap and stop you anyway.

3. Paint out the side windows and remove all mirrors - not neccessary over here apparently.

4. Remember that the lanes in Singapore are not the gaps between the lines but the lines themself so they be should be exactly in the middle of the bonnet.

5. The lanes are numbered 1,2,3... from the centre outward because the central lane is actually the slow lane and is also reserved for old taxi drivers who can't help pumping their right foot to the music.

I could go on but why should I have all the fun, anyone else got some useful driving advice?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests