- Posts: 370
- Joined: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 7:39 pm
- Location: East Coast, Singapore
I just want to put this out there to see if I'm the only muppet that this has happened to.
On the 27th March I purchased $45.80 worth of baby body suits. from a well known department store. There was no dial tone for the first NETS transaction so the lady rang it through again and I believe it worked the 2nd time but I was not given the NETS receipt. I was given one though for the 'no dial tone' though.
Anyway, several weeks later I'm doing my paperwork to find that the store did not take $45.80 from me on the 27th when I was in the store but took $180.25 on 31st March.
I am able to prove that I was no where near the store on that day but I'm the one doing the running around. I'm having a really hard time getting the customer service lady to believe me. I'm not sure I will ever get my money back so I just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else before and what the outcome was.
- Posts: 3004
- Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 9:38 pm
- Location: Terra Australis Incognita
Bizarre. I'd venture a guess that the problem is on NETS' side, not the store, since to "fake" a transaction they'd have to clone your card and steal your PIN. Have you talked to the department store yet to see what their records say about the $180?
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 5:18 pm
- Location: West Coast
Are you dealing with the customer service at the shop or the bank?
I had my credit card charged twice for the same amount on the same day after making a online purchase (easier to do as no pin needed). I phoned the bank and after faxing the receipt to them they sorted it out within days.
It is disgraceful that the person you are dealing with doesn't believe you. You have had $130+ stolen from you and someone should be looking into it.
Hope you get your money back soon.
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 1:21 pm
I were you, I make a police report...
1. Net transcation works like hard cash.. money in your bank account is transferred at the point of purchase and not days after..
2. Even if it is a administration error, the amount is way overcharged. And besides, your pin number is needed for authorizing a monetary transcation..
On your side, do double check before pursuing the matter..
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests