Singapore Expats Forum

A Leeds United fan

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
fredc51

A Leeds United fan

Postby fredc51 » Mon, 04 May 2009 10:28 am

We've just arrived in Singapore, to set up a new office for the company. As a Leeds United fan, I was wondering about a couple of things.

Firstly, is there a Leeds United fan club here?

and ... where's the best place to go for drinks and watch football matches in Singapore?

Cheers

Fred
Having started the company in Milton Keynes in 1993, have moved out here for a year or two to set up our Singapore Office.

Robbo88

Postby Robbo88 » Mon, 04 May 2009 12:09 pm

Hi Fred,

I'm from Leeds too, although I support West Ham!

I believe the Dubliner on Penang Road has/had a Leeds United supporters club, maybe only when you were in the Premiership, although I havn't been there for a while:

http://www.dublinersingapore.com/

Lots of good places to watch football in Singapore, depending where you are staying. Boat Quay is good for sport as you can keep track of multiple screens and sports at the same time, if you sit in the right places :)

Rob

fredc51

Leeds United

Postby fredc51 » Mon, 04 May 2009 6:21 pm

Hi Robbo,

A West Ham supporter from Leeds, " I don't believe it!" - at least it's not Man Utd.

Thanks for the information, hopefully even though we're down in Division 3, they may put the playoffs on. May see you down there if you ever go.

Cheers

Fred
Having started the company in Milton Keynes in 1993, have moved out here for a year or two to set up our Singapore Office.

sccspro

Postby sccspro » Mon, 04 May 2009 9:42 pm

I am a Leeds fan too! Started since O'Leary day!
Fred, keep me posted if you come across any place which have live telecast on LUFC's matches.

nhrk

Postby nhrk » Tue, 05 May 2009 11:11 am

Aye, there used to be an official leeds supporters club in singapore. The site was www.luscs.org

I can't however seem to access the site so I'm uncertain if they're still in existence. In Singapore, besides the Premiership, it's hard to catch any other English league except maybe for the highlights on ESPN.

It's sad really that Leeds was enveloped in the financial crisis. I remember having a soft spot for them when they were still in the premiership even though I was and still am a liverpool fan.
you'll never walk alone, baby.

fredc51

Leeds

Postby fredc51 » Tue, 05 May 2009 7:20 pm

I mightnip down to the Dubliners tonight and ask some questions about the elusive Leeds United Fans.
Will keep you posted

Fred

fredc51

Leeds Supporters Club Singapore

Postby fredc51 » Sat, 09 May 2009 11:10 am

I went down to The Dubliners Pub last night and that's where the Leeds United Supporters Club are domicile and the great news is that they are showing the Millwall - Leeds playoff tonight, live, starting at 7:45. I'll be there, so hopefully I'll see some of you down there.

Cheers Rob, for the tip

Fred