Singapore Expats Forum

PR Information

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Saqibm

PR Information

Postby Saqibm » Sun, 03 May 2009 9:51 pm

Hi
I just got my PR rejection letter mentioned that application is not successfull,
I did interview and got reply around 7month time.
ANy one let me know how can I get the reason so I will fullfill that reason before applying again, and do there any time restriction to apply again?

Is appeal is effective or need to reapply again

Please let me know in detail I will appreciate

Regards

Saint
Director
Director

Re: PR Information

Postby Saint » Mon, 04 May 2009 9:16 am

Saqibm wrote:Hi
I just got my PR rejection letter mentioned that application is not successfull,
ANy one let me know how can I get the reason so I will fullfill that reason before applying again, and do there any time restriction to apply again?

Regards

And that is EXACTLY the reason why they wont tell you the reason for rejecting your PR application.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 04 May 2009 9:49 am

Regards

You need to go through your application with a fine tooth comb and look for anything you have forgot to submit or any errors, could well be, that they don't need you in this economic climate, I heard they was making it more difficult to employ foreign workers, and the quota will be raised to 5 Singaporeans before one can employ a foreign worker.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 May 2009 11:36 am

ksl, you might want to reread op's post. It was a rejection of PR not an employment pass. PR applications are not subject to any quotas per se, although we assume that there are internal racial quotas that will never be published for obvious reasons. That's why the percentages of the races never changes...... :-|

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 04 May 2009 12:05 pm

Regards

You really need to post more information before anyone can make any kind of a comment.

As others have noted, rejection reasons are never given out precisely because they don't want you to simply fix what they think is broken.

But, some guesses can be made as to why you failed. Here are some things to consider.

a) Are you living in Singapore or are you applying from outside Singapore?

b) If you are in Singapore, how long? What kind of work permit? How much have you been making? How many times have you changed jobs?

c) What professional or technical skills do you possess? What university have you attended?

Get it? Many things affect the PR process.

Cheers.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 04 May 2009 12:27 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:ksl, you might want to reread op's post. It was a rejection of PR not an employment pass. PR applications are not subject to any quotas per se, although we assume that there are internal racial quotas that will never be published for obvious reasons. That's why the percentages of the races never changes...... :-|

Yes i wasn't thinking of the PR, but just thinking in general terms of quota's, many rejections may well be based on race quota's too, but i suspect the person has not been in Singapore very long.

Is what i hear correct about businesses having to have 5 Singaporeans now, before they can employ 1 foreigner? My brother in law say's they are getting stricter.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 04 May 2009 12:35 pm

ksl wrote:Is what i hear correct about businesses having to have 5 Singaporeans now, before they can employ 1 foreigner? My brother in law say's they are getting stricter.

No change on the MOM website... still max 25 percent S pass... or a ratio of 3 to 1.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 May 2009 3:25 pm

Well, that's almost correct. it is capped at 25% of the workforce but it isn't 1 S pass holder to 3 locals. For simplicity sake let's take my industry which falls under the Services Industry. Our Dependency Ceiling is 50% which mean I can have one foreigner for every local/PR employee I have. This means if I have 10 local employees I can have 10 foreign employees. The S pass employees cannot be more than 25 percent of the total workforce which includes foreigners as well. So in my case I can have 10 locals, 5 WP holders and no more than 5 S pass holders. which is a 1:3 ratio of total employees but the foreign cap cannot exceed 50%. For the Factories (dependency ceiling of 65%) and Construction industries (87.5% DC) it get trickier but still they are limited to a total of no more than 25% of the workforce.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 May 2009 3:30 pm

Normally, if one has been rejected for duration in Singapore, this will be noted normally by the clause, "try to reapply in 6 months" or "1 year". These I have seen on numerous occasions as they are generally just testing to see if the individual applying is really wanting to commit. So they tell them to reapply after a period of time.

Out and out rejections are usually for something that just doesn't quite add up. (I was rejected for one of those reasons as well the first time I applied back in the '80's). I was later approved but that's a different story.

Saqibm

Postby Saqibm » Wed, 06 May 2009 1:47 pm

Do any one know whats the minimum time have to wait for apply again?
I think better to reapply after some time so please let me know the minimum time period ...

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 06 May 2009 5:13 pm

Saqibm wrote:Do any one know whats the minimum time have to wait for apply again?
I think better to reapply after some time so please let me know the minimum time period ...

Nobody knows and the ICA ain't telling. I'd give it a year though.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Nuar

Postby Nuar » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 4:28 pm

Last time when I got rejection (august last year) I was able to submit a second application only in 6 month.

But the rejection letter didn't say anything about it, and when I called ICA they also told that there is no time limit for this. However, when I prepared all documents and brought them to ICA to apply second time, then infomred me on the spot that I came too early, and can apply only 6 month after the date of rejection.

maybe for appeal it works differently.

xtasy010
Regular
Regular

Postby xtasy010 » Fri, 26 Jun 2009 4:39 pm

Saqib, if you could share more information like age, nationality, educational/employment background, maritial status, time spend in singapore etc it might help to through some more light on the reason for rejection. Nationals of some countries which always happen to be in the news for all the wrong reasons also might find it a tad more difficult to get their PR. If you simply wait for the minimum amount of time and then reapply without there being any change in your profile I don't think it will make any difference in the outcome.