Singapore Expats

New friends

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
Ria_P

New friends

Post by Ria_P » Sun, 03 May 2009 12:24 pm

Hi..
I am 27/F new in Singapore .. here for work .. but its very boring without friends .. anyone interested in catching up on weekends over a drink or coffee or movie or smiply for a chat ... Plz drop me a line ...
would love to catch up.
Cheerz
Last edited by Ria_P on Sun, 03 May 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roninfyc

Post by roninfyc » Sun, 03 May 2009 5:44 pm

check your pm box ...

xiaodanxd
Regular
Regular

Post by xiaodanxd » Mon, 04 May 2009 2:00 pm

Hi. I'm Dan from Singapore keen to make new friends. If you like we could meet up and have some cultural exchange. However, content with the fact that I don't speak Singlish. =P

If your keen, email me @ [email protected].

Cheers,

Dan

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 May 2009 3:41 pm

xiaodanxd wrote:However, content with the fact that I don't speak Singlish. =P

Dan
=D> :)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jshin

Post by jshin » Wed, 06 May 2009 7:39 pm

relatively new too. but i'm heading back friday nite to the states for a couple months before heading back here. hope to meet up when i'm back.

heshe69

Re: New n no frenZ

Post by heshe69 » Tue, 12 May 2009 9:42 am

Hi, I am Singaporean leading a quiet and lonely life here , wishing to meet up with new friends to chat up and add more spice in my life. Emial me at [email protected] if you feel lkie having achat. Thanks

Ria_P wrote:Hi..
I am 27/F new in Singapore .. here for work .. but its very boring without friends .. anyone interested in catching up on weekends over a drink or coffee or movie or smiply for a chat ... Plz drop me a line ...
would love to catch up.
Cheerz

sparkle007

Post by sparkle007 » Thu, 14 May 2009 8:53 pm

I'm curious.
This is an expat site. Of course anyone is free to use it but why do locals feel the need to find friends here?
It's slightly worrying that they are local and are still looking for friends. Be careful !

porridge0000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by porridge0000 » Fri, 15 May 2009 5:12 pm

sparkle007 wrote:I'm curious.
This is an expat site. Of course anyone is free to use it but why do locals feel the need to find friends here?
It's slightly worrying that they are local and are still looking for friends. Be careful !
Lol... this you are wrong... Some local might not be pure local... So is still consider as 'expat'? Secondly, friends of different culture is nice... So this is the best forum in finding friends who are of different culture, and come together to become friends... ^^

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by prkravi » Tue, 19 May 2009 6:23 pm

I guess Sparkles comment does make sense.

Singaporean - "Leading a quiet and lonely life" it just doesnt add up doesnt it?

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Zeenit » Tue, 19 May 2009 7:49 pm

Before we arrived on Singapore soil. I had an offer from a Singaporean inviting us to a BBQ. After a bit of digging via email she wanted us to use her mother-in-law as an estate agent. When I declined she disappeared.

Second one was when someone pmd me and said they were happy to watch footie with my other half. Then ask where we going to be based ..I refused to tell him. It turned out that he wanted to watch footie at our place and drink our beer......
Zeenit

asha1981

Post by asha1981 » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 4:21 pm

hey would love to. i am a teacher at an International School here in singapore.

give me a buzz at 84024355

cheers

xija

hey!

Post by xija » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 9:56 pm

Hey I just arrived to singapore too, also 27/F send me a PM we could probably hang out sometime and complain about the singlish and all hahahahha ;) take care and have a nice time! cheers!
Ximena Di Vanni

daringwolf

Post by daringwolf » Wed, 08 Jul 2009 3:08 pm

Well, I read some comments about locals having some ulterior motives in trying to make new friends here. There are people from all walks of life and thus there are some truths in those comments> However, there are also locals coming to this forum to get to know new friends from overseas. I suppose that is not a crime right?

I happened to came across this forum and thus I am trying my luck to get to know some new friends here. Although I am a local, that does not mean that I don't feel bored during weekends. I can only say that my local friends have their own schedule to attend to and they are not always free to meet together. I guess making new friends will start my private life going again...

Anyone interested to know a new friend (me), please email to [email protected].

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Jul 2009 3:52 pm

I reckon it's not a crime, however, one would have to wonder why somebody who is looking for "friends" has to choose a nick like "daringwolf" especially with 5 posts all identical all resembling "lonelywolf" You'll not get very many trusting souls with your nick that for sure. Oh, posting identical messages across multiple threads constitutes spam and is normally deleted by moderators with no explanations necessary.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rexemperor

Re: New friends

Post by rexemperor » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:28 pm

Ria_P wrote:Hi..
would love to catch up.
Cheerz
Hi Ria, i'm Thomas here. Maybe you can email me at [email protected] :)