Singapore Expats

average salary

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
junta421

average salary

Post by junta421 » Thu, 30 Apr 2009 4:23 am

what wlll be the average salary of a research engineer with a ph.d degree in nanotechnology and 4 years of postdoctoral experience from europe???

any approx. figure for salary would do fine..

thank you
junta

SingaporeCanuck

Post by SingaporeCanuck » Fri, 08 May 2009 8:14 pm

It really depends:

If you're a [rising] STAR and looking to become a PI (right away), there are programs inside of A*STAR to get you going. I think right now, the salary for an 'awarded' position is ~ 7-8k/month. It won't make you rich, but it comes with some pretty good research support.

If you're just coming to be a 'regular scientist / researcher', I'd guess you'd receive an offer of ~ 5-6k from an A*STAR institute (including a modest housing allowance - as long as you don't become a PR).

What's your field?

junta421

Hi SingaporeCanuck

Post by junta421 » Sat, 09 May 2009 5:19 pm

hi canuck thanks for your reply.

My field is actually electrochemical nonoscience. I use a number of microscopic techniques like scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) , atomic force microscopy, scanning electron microscopy combined with electrochemistry to study the nanoscale processes at the surfaces. I m an expert in the field of video rate STM which is probably the advanced application of STM. As far as I know only 4-5 groups in the world are using this technique.

anyway are you living in sigapore or working with A.star?

thanks and best regards
junta