Singapore Expats Forum

Arriving in June from the US, F lunch/shopping buddy needed!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
TXinSingapore

Arriving in June from the US, F lunch/shopping buddy needed!

Postby TXinSingapore » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 4:31 am

Hi,

My husband's job is relocating us from the US to Singapore in June. We should be there for 15-18 months. Though I'm excited about our little adventure, I'm also really sad about leaving our families, all of our close friends and our home in Texas.

My husband is going to be working long hours which means I'll be alone for much of my time there. Though I plan on getting out as often as I can to explore Singapore, there's only so much time I can spend entertaining myself.

I've been spending a lot of time looking through different postings on this forum, and to be honest, I just don't feel like I fit in anywhere. I'm not really interested in meeting up for drinks at night or on the weekends. I'm not against drinking, but it's just not my thing. I'm more of a lunch/shopping/movie type of girl...not really a bar hopper or club-goer.

I'm 25 and I don't have any children. If any females (sorry, I'm not looking for male friends) are in my same shoes, please let me know! Maybe we can start corresponding now so we can meet up in June. Meeting up with strangers on the internet is new for me, but I'm willing to step outside my comfort zone to make my year+ in Singapore as good as it can be.

Thanks!! :)

NeSSa81

Postby NeSSa81 » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 8:27 am

Hi, I am 27yrs lady from singapore...if you don't mind i can show you around singapore when you are here....and like you i don't go drinking...i can show you shopping where is good and movies or just chit chat at a cafe....let me know if you are interested....email me at nessa81@gmail.com

ballet_night

Postby ballet_night » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 6:18 pm

hi friend,

am a chinese local here and if you are keen, I'll be happy to make new friends!

PM or email cherry_sugarcane@yahoo.com

EveL

Postby EveL » Thu, 30 Apr 2009 11:26 am

Hi,

I am a 26 year old female from Canada and have lived in Singapore for nearly a year now. I actually moved here from London after living there for 4 years, so I know it can be hard moving somewhere where you don't know anyone. My boyfirends work brought us out here so I am in the same boat as you.

I have had loads of family come over to visit so I have the tour guide stuff down pretty good if you would like someone to look around with. I am also not really the clubbing, boozing it up type. I really like exploring, checking out different markets and trying out all the amazing food over here. I find new cool places ever time I go out.

So, please feel free to drop me an e-mail: eve@djg123.com

handbelljoe0112

Postby handbelljoe0112 » Sun, 03 May 2009 6:41 pm

hi,

i'm a local student here. what you mentioned earlier is definitely my thing. we can meet up sometime. add me on msn/email at joanne_totalgirl@hotmail.com
i would like to meet more expats here.

,joanne

christi2384

Postby christi2384 » Tue, 05 May 2009 6:44 pm

Hi,

I'm 25 and from California. I have been living in Singapore for three years now. My boyfriend's job brought us out to Asia. You can email me at Christy2384@gmail.com if you would like to chat :)

- Christi

autumnian

Postby autumnian » Wed, 06 May 2009 3:12 pm

howdy....
I am local but I was living in Austin, TX for sometime and just came back last Oct....so if you need someone to show you around or hang out, I would be glad too. =)

my email's autumnian@rocketmail.com

eileen18

Postby eileen18 » Mon, 11 May 2009 3:32 am

I'd also be keen to meet up for girly lunches etc. I'm 26, just arrived with my fiance in Singapore. Email address is chocolate47@hotmail.com

sezsarah

same boat

Postby sezsarah » Tue, 12 May 2009 5:58 pm

Hi! Just about to move to Singapore in June myself. Doing a 6-month stint with a company operating in the Science Park. I'll be coming over on my own so I'll be in the enviable position of knowing no one... Great times ahead ;) I've moved around quite a bit, including a 4-year stay in Colorado, so I definitely know what it's like. Still, Singapore does seem a bit more daunting- maybe because it's so big and "exotic"? Feel free to get in touch: sarah_junker1@yahoo.com

sweetpea417

hi

Postby sweetpea417 » Fri, 22 May 2009 10:51 am

hi!

you girls can count me in when you meet up. you can reach me at pea.sweet@rocketmail.com

Cheers!

veve000

Postby veve000 » Fri, 29 May 2009 4:19 pm

hi,

i'm 19 yrs old, female from malaysia, I have been staying here for 1 and half year. I would like to join u too...
You can drop me an email venice000@gmail.com
Always try something new....

kimberchin

Postby kimberchin » Sat, 30 May 2009 11:59 pm

-
Last edited by kimberchin on Sun, 24 Dec 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

rockchalkinsing

In the same boat

Postby rockchalkinsing » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 6:26 pm

Hi there,

I think you just described my life! I am 24 years old and live in Singapore with my husband who's also here for work. We have no kids and feel very out of the loop. EVERYONE has kids here!

If you want to meet for coffee some time, let me know. Also, we've lived here for about a year and I write a blog about adjusting to living in Singapore. I'm from Kansas and had a really difficult time at first. We are also VERY close to our families. Anyways, it may be an interesting read to get you ready.

www.meginsing.blogspot.com

joliefemme536

Re: Arriving in June from the US, F lunch/shopping buddy nee

Postby joliefemme536 » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 8:13 am

TXinSingapore wrote:Hi,

My husband's job is relocating us from the US to Singapore in June. We should be there for 15-18 months. Though I'm excited about our little adventure, I'm also really sad about leaving our families, all of our close friends and our home in Texas.

My husband is going to be working long hours which means I'll be alone for much of my time there. Though I plan on getting out as often as I can to explore Singapore, there's only so much time I can spend entertaining myself.

I've been spending a lot of time looking through different postings on this forum, and to be honest, I just don't feel like I fit in anywhere. I'm not really interested in meeting up for drinks at night or on the weekends. I'm not against drinking, but it's just not my thing. I'm more of a lunch/shopping/movie type of girl...not really a bar hopper or club-goer.

I'm 25 and I don't have any children. If any females (sorry, I'm not looking for male friends) are in my same shoes, please let me know! Maybe we can start corresponding now so we can meet up in June. Meeting up with strangers on the internet is new for me, but I'm willing to step outside my comfort zone to make my year+ in Singapore as good as it can be.

Thanks!! :)

Hi! I'm relocating to Singapore in July from the great state of Texas :) Dallas to be exact. My boyfriend already lives in Singapore but he is all I have there. I too will be there for a little over a year. I was in Singapore Feb and Mar of this year but I really didn't get to meet any people. Majority of the locals gave me the stare down lol. Send me an email if you are interested in chatting.

- Jennifer
joliefemme536@yahoo.com

Nadya

hihey

Postby Nadya » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 8:11 pm

hey babe!!
i love to show u around!

email me at crue-lintention@hotmail.com